• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ben Simmons A Hawk? I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Unfortunately, I don't think we have the goods to trade Philly because Trae is not going anywhere.   He becomes our Sf and defensive terror.  I'd get him in there to see a shrink and work on his yips. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, pimp said:

No chance. If it was just as simple as seeing a shrink and working on his yips then there would be no reason for Philly to trade him.

Ben has made no effort to improve his game since his rookie year and he won’t this summer because he still doesn’t get it. He doesn’t think there is anything wrong with his game. He just thinks he had a bad series. Hack-A-Ben is not going away, it’s gonna be exploited by everybody. I have no interest in multiple picks and players for someone that can’t play in crunch time and is scared to touch the ball in the 4th quarter.

I don't think that there is a reason for Philly to trade him other than he's stopped communicating with the team.  The question that was asked of Doc was can you win a championship with Simmons as your PG.   I think half of the world just heard can you win a championship with Simmons. Simmons doesn't work well as a PG because even though he can handle the ball, he will never be the shooter that that position needs (on any team).   The answer is to bring up Maxy and move Simmons to the Sf or PF. 

As far as his FTs...  It's all mental. His mechanics are good. I'm sure he can nail them when he's practicing.   But what we did to him is we made him confront his failure and you could see it wearing on him.  That part of the game was mental.  He doesn't have hands like Shaq which will make it hard for him to grip the ball.  He doesn't have bad form.  He has a mental trigger that as soon as he misses one, he gets down on himself.  He needs that keep pulling gene that some NBA players have.   That gene that says even if I miss badly.. the next one is going in. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The answer is to bring up Maxy and move Simmons to the Sf or PF. 

I'm not sure how a team can win a title with a SF that doesn't shoot outside the paint.  If I'm being honest, with the way the NBA is trending, you may not be able to win one with a PF that doesn't at least attempt to shoot outside the paint.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not a Simmons apologist at all, but the guy catches a ton of heat.  Some is legit and some isn’t.  
People need to reevaluate expectations for him.  He isn’t a good shooter and never will be a bonafide scoring threat on offense.  He’s a great defender, facilitator, and has great vision which makes him a fantastic passer.  He’s a very similar skilled player to Draymond Green and doesn’t have that Spartan dog that Draymond has going for him.  Once people begin to understand this then they will have a realistic outlook on Simmons.  Draymond is a HOF player when it’s all over with.  Simmons needs to embrace what he is and to play.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Diesel said:

Unfortunately, I don't think we have the goods to trade Philly because Trae is not going anywhere.   He becomes our Sf and defensive terror.  I'd get him in there to see a shrink and work on his yips. 

Doesn't sound like a heart beat on our end...

The real question is why would he go to the team that has made a mockery of him?

It would almost be worst than staying with the 76ers.

Plus why would we fuel the 76ers with any of our players that would make them do that trade?

I would not want the revenge of Red Velvet or any of our wings for such a foolish mistake.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

I'm not sure how a team can win a title with a SF that doesn't shoot outside the paint.  If I'm being honest, with the way the NBA is trending, you may not be able to win one with a PF that doesn't at least attempt to shoot outside the paint.  

When you have a monster at C...  and shooters like Curry and Maxy..  You can win with a Sf who can dominate inside. 

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Alex said:

to reevaluate expectations for him.  He isn’t a good shooter and never will be a bonafide scoring threat on offense.  He’s a great defender, facilitator, and has gr

1 hour ago, sillent said:

Doesn't sound like a heart beat on our end...

The real question is why would he go to the team that has made a mockery of him?

It would almost be worst than staying with the 76ers.

Plus why would we fuel the 76ers with any of our players that would make them do that trade?

I would not want the revenge of Red Velvet or any of our wings for such a foolish mistake.

KD went to the warriors after losing in 7 to them.

Simmons is much better than you guys give him credit for being. 

34 minutes ago, Diesel said:

When you have a monster at C...  and shooters like Curry and Maxy..  You can win with a Sf who can dominate inside. 

Can’t dominate inside if you’re afraid of being fouled.. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, pimp said:

Can’t dominate inside if you’re afraid of being fouled.. 

That's one moment.   A big moment.  But still only one. 

He's a career 16 ppg, 56% from the field player.   What else do you call it. 

Another thing here is that if us and Philly are the future of the East and we make a big trade that include Cam and Ben switching sides, that would factor heavily into the next decade and could drastically shift the power to them.

Cam is a superstar. He’s unleashing it. He’s not scared of the moment. Ben froze. DO NOT TRADE CAM, HE WILL COME BACK TO HAUNT US. 

• Thanks 2

I have a question I’ll just post it here and not make it a separate topic.

Who would you rather have?

Lamar Odom (prime)

Ben Simmons (prime, I assume it’s this upcoming year if you factor years in the league and age as a combo)

?

They said teams like us saw him as our Lamar? I’m just wondering who many of you think is better. A prime Lamar or Ben?

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I have a question I’ll just post it here and not make it a separate topic.

Who would you rather have?

Lamar Odom (prime)

Ben Simmons (prime, I assume it’s this upcoming year if you factor years in the league and age as a combo)

?

They said teams like us saw him as our Lamar? I’m just wondering who many of you think is better. A prime Lamar or Ben?

Can I hypnotise Ben?

• Haha 3

On 8/20/2021 at 8:58 AM, NBASupes said:

I can't lie, I was intrigued when I hear how the Hawks would use him if they landed him. Sadly, the cost was way too high and honestly, the value they could get (Sixers) is exceptional from us

If you don’t mind can you give us some details on that ?

I believe you mentioned “6th man”….I’m just trying to understand what exactly the goal was IF a trade went through and was Simmons willing to accept that role.

if you can’t speak on it I understand but I don’t believe you stated exactly what you heard in the “ask nbasupes 2” thread.