• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ben Simmons A Hawk? I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Diesel

Just now, Sothron said:

I don't know why but I feel if we do a consolidation trade it will be to bring Zion to Atlanta to play with Trae.

That’s always been mine. That kid was supposed to be a Hawk like he wanted. Having said that, I’m not under appreciating Collins. 

But man Trae and Zion, I dunno, it just seems like a match made in heaven. Again though I love Collins a lot.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, kg01 said:

That would simply be name chasin'.  Zion doesn't make us a better team.

Plus, why would NO do that?

Very simple. Zion doesn't want to be there and never wanted to be there. He and Trae together would be a highlight reel every game. NO won't find a better combination of talent than they could get from us.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, RandomFan said:

We would absolutely be a better team with Zion. 

Playing at PF?  In place of JC?

Here's the thing.  Zion is undersized.  He's about 6'5".   You can't play him next to Clint.   We get murdered on the defensive end.   Plus, Zion's athleticism is on the time clock.  I've seen it happen to Larry Johnson and Shawn Kemp.  JC gets disrespected around here... but he's a Highlight reel every night playing with Trae... and he shoots damn near 40% from three.  One day.. Hawks fans will respect what he brings. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

The trade of Gallo, Kev, and Cam for Simmons makes a lot of sense.   The 76ers are looking for shooters and talent.   We just gave them Bundles.  Two bench players and a player that we were possibly going to trade by midseason for an elite defender and all NBA team player!!

• Sad 1

• Premium Member

Who said we would replace JC with Zion? I don't know if we ever get Zion but he could play with JC easily. I hope you weren't inferring I don't appreciate what JC brings to the Hawks. It has been pretty clear over his career how much I love his game and what he brings to the team.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Truer words have never been spoken.  This would be the gift of a lifetime. 

Not a gift... a trade. 

Let's take down our sacred cows for a second.   

We're talking about getting a three time allstar, top defensive player for:

1.  Older Role player. 

2.  Player with Potential

3.   Younger Role player...

We do this deal and we still have Bogi, Hunter, JC, Clint, OO and Trae....  are you kidding me...  

The only real issue that i have is future salaries.. but if we win a championship, I'm unbothered. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Who said we would replace JC with Zion? I don't know if we ever get Zion but he could play with JC easily. I hope you weren't inferring I don't appreciate what JC brings to the Hawks. It has been pretty clear over his career how much I love his game and what he brings to the team.

First.  I don't see how JC and Zion coexist. 

They both play PF.  We have a log jam as it is at Sf. 

Zion's offense is great but he's on the clock.  LJ played about 4-5 years before his body gave out under the weight.   Kemp gained weight during the strike and was never the same guy.   Zion is big and athletic but I don't give him long Maybe 1 or 2 more years of being that athletic unless he loses a great deal of weight. 

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

First.  I don't see how JC and Zion coexist. 

They both play PF.  We have a log jam as it is at Sf. 

Zion's offense is great but he's on the clock.  LJ played about 4-5 years before his body gave out under the weight.   Kemp gained weight during the strike and was never the same guy.   Zion is big and athletic but I don't give him long Maybe 1 or 2 more years of being that athletic unless he loses a great deal of weight. 

I agree about Zion's prospects.   He's really going to need to get in elite shape to keep it up.   Barkley did it.   Glen Davis sort of did it.  Enough to have an ok career.    In this day and age it seems crazy to think that any NBA team, agent, coaches would let Zion NOT get in shape.  I know it's up to him ultimately but they have an investment to protect.   

I see what you are saying about Zion and JC but it would still be off the charts exciting to have Trae and Zion together.  We'd be the hottest ticket in the NBA.  

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Diesel said:
3 hours ago, sturt said:

Most already do.

Unlike you, apparently, I'm pessimistic about the ones who don't.

You think that I don't appreciate what JC brings?

I think you read that one too fast, Dies. That's not what I said. Read slower, and without any encumbrance on your shoulder (e.g., a chip).

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, sturt said:

I think you read that one too fast, Dies. That's not what I said. Read slower, and without any encumbrance on your shoulder (e.g., a chip).

I read sturt's comment to mean that he believes you are more optimistic that the minority of fans who are most critical of JC will ever come around to truly give JC credit.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Diesel said:

The trade of Gallo, Kev, and Cam for Simmons makes a lot of sense for the Sixers.   The 76ers are looking for shooters and talent.   We just gave them bundles... nay, truckloads.  Two bench players and a player that we were possibly going to trade by midseason for an elite defender paid as-if though not yet performing at the level of an and all NBA team player!!

Corrected. Now we agree.

• Haha 2

I give JC the full credit be deserves. I think he's probably close to being worth his extension, but a bit overpaid. I can't help it if some of you cats have started to grossly overvalue him though.

Anyone that thinks JC is a better player than Zion is insanely out of touch with reality. There is being a homer, and then there are ludicrous speed levels of being a homer: this is the latter.

• Like 1