• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ben Simmons A Hawk? I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Diesel

• Moderators
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

My body is so ready for the Warriors to fade back into being the also-ran franchise they're meant to be.

It's coming i think.   I'm a big believer in Steph and if Klay is healthy they will be a playoff team but they aren't going to the finals without some help.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Do you honestly think Simmons will be ok coming off the bench?

Or will he decide it's beneath him and also not report to camp?

If we trade Trae, Hunter, Heurter, Cam and Collins for him, he starts!!

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

My body is so ready for the Warriors to fade back into being the also-ran franchise they're meant to be.

Yeah. Kudos to them for creating a dynasty and selling out to keep that core together. They accomplished the most important thing, winning titles. Now, as you said, they will likely fade to back to reality for a generation or two. I'd happily take that just to get the championship monkey off of our back

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

It's coming i think.   I'm a big believer in Steph and if Klay is healthy they will be a playoff team but they aren't going to the finals without some help.  

You're talking about in the west.   The west is much weaker now than before.   They are finals bound if healthy. 

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

The folks in Philly know the value of Ben Simmons and if they can right the relationship, they can trade him for a value more his worth later. 

I never want the Hawks to go through this foolishness.  Luckily, all the media bs about the Hawks is we have too much talent and they are always trying to gift our players to the one of the bigger markets. 

Travis has done a great job constructing this team.  

Ben is being severily undervalued at this point.  I do like @thecampster's trade idea, just because I believe Gallo and Bogi will be gone after this season or next.  However, Ben at a minimum needs to get a midrange jumper.  The spacing with Ben and Capela would be nonexistent. 

Edited by marco102
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, thecampster said:

He's under contract for 4 more years. He doesn't hold a lot of power like a guy entering his last year that the team wants to keep. Whoever trades for him, or Philly keeps him. They hold the majority of the cards.

He seems to be 'holding the power' in Philly even with his 4 year deal and threatening to NOT show up for the start of training camp.

• Like 1

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He seems to be 'holding the power' in Philly even with his 4 year deal and threatening to NOT show up for the start of training camp.

That doesn't give him any power over where he gets traded.  That is more about forcing the team to deal him.  Every player always has that 'power' to not play and not get paid.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

That doesn't give him any power over where he gets traded.  That is more about forcing the team to deal him.  Every player always has that 'power' to not play and not get paid.

I'd like to see how this plays out.  I'm sure he's fine paying small fines for sitting out training camp, but losing those game day checks will probably be a different story.  

7 hours ago, AHF said:

Wow that is dumb on multiple levels.

Hold up, I thought the GS Curryers were geniuses for passing on JJ twice 🤔 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, thecampster said:

If you keep BB, you're keeping him instead of 1 of the kids.  No matter what, 1 of this group is going away if you keep BB or you're going to be deep into the tax

Eventually, yes.

But I don't care about going into the tax b/c I trust (a) we're going to the EC Finals again at minimum (there... I said it...) and (b) Ressler's said multiple times that he's going to pay tax.

Oh. And (c) I suspect we can trade BogBog eventually, too. (Don't underestimate that prospect.)

See, I don't want to play with what chemistry began to develop last season to the degree that I can keep from it. It worries me that playing with the chemistry inherently puts our progress at greater risk.

Yes, you're going to lose Gallo. But losing one piece is do-able. Losing two pieces, and putting in place of that one piece that is a whole other kind-of piece... I know there's potential reward, but I can't persuade myself it's greater potential than the potential risk... the chances that we just acquired for ourselves a 100 lb ankle weight to Schlenk's leg to make any future moves (as evidenced by how difficult it's apparently been to trade BS this off-season)...

I'm just not even barely interested, me.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

I never want the Hawks to go through this foolishness.  Luckily, all the media bs about the Hawks is we have too much talent and they are always trying to gift our players to the one of the bigger markets. 

Travis has done a great job constructing this team.  

Ben is being severily undervalued at this point.  I do like @thecampster's trade idea, just because I believe Gallo and Bogi will be gone after this season or next.  However, Ben at a minimum needs to get a midrange jumper.  The spacing with Ben and Capela would be nonexistent. 

I think the game will be so far out of reach that it doesn't matter.

I like the Gallo, Reddish, Huerter trade better.. and here's why.  Bogi is one of the best shooters in the game.  You put Bogi on the floor with Trae and JC and spacing doesn't become an issue for anybody.   Teams won't be able to cheat. 

Moreover, everybody disregards our bread and Butter...  PNR/PNP.

When we have Clint, JC, and Ben.. PNR/PNP becomes the most dangerous offensive attack in this league.