• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ben Simmons A Hawk? I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Diesel

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, AHF said:

The faking injury thing is the sort of thing that could really destroy your reputation.  https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ben-simmons-could-show-sixers-202838065.html

I want nothing to do with Simmons at this point even if we could get him for near free.  Looks like someone who is both extremely self-centered and has no ethical issues in lying to take money that he isn't earning (i.e., contractually isn't entitled to get when he is refusing to show up and give a good faith effort).

He and his agent are making some bad decisions right now.  If you want to force a trade just hold your ground and accept that you are going to lose some salary.  If you aren't willing to lose salary, then loudly demand a trade but show up and be a professional and then you get paid.  You don't get both.

This is the start of the come back 'there have been a lot of rumors that weren't true.  i never refused to play, i was injured and lots of lies got out there and i'm here to set the record straight....blah blah blah'

Even chubby Harden went out and played for the Rockets awaiting his trade.   Then suddenly lost a bunch of weight.  

We all know.  Pro sports are different.

All you Squawk posters who work - - Suppose you didn't show up for work.  No reason.  You just didn't show up.  Then, someone asks, why.  I don't want to work there any more.  I want to go somewhere else and work.  What would happen?  

Players sign a contract to work (play) for their employer.  I'm sure it doesn't say, "I will play if I feel like it or want to, otherwise I'll just stay home and you will continue to pay me just as if I had played."

"For sale, to the highest bidder!  Bids close on NBA opening day!"

If 76ers did this someone would have themselves a new player.

:smug:

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Happened to me once. In my defense I was 19 and we went to Tahoe with a bunch of girls. I think I “didn’t show up” and then when back in and acted like nothing happened… :indifferent: I was a real jerk lol.

I did that around 19-20 too but it was Blockbuster.  Worked there like 3 weeks, just stopped showing up one day.

They worked in 2-person teams so the girl I was supposed to work with was pissed the night I no-show'd.  She called to cuss me out and hung up on me.  I couldn't even get mad at her.

In my defense, it was boring AF.  Most interesting part was watching all the dudes like @RandomFan tryna sneak behind the curtain where all the dirty movies were stocked.  

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Most interesting part was watching all the dudes like @RandomFan tryna sneak behind the curtain where all the dirty movies were stocked.  

My umm friend saw my dad’s friend behind those curtains once and made eye contact. It was embarrassing for both parties yet natural, well I was.. HE! He was 19 and friend’s dad was in his 40’s so…

• Haha 2

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I have no idea what folks aren't getting.  I'm not even sure he's top5 in the reasons why they lost that series.  But, immediately after it was lost ... and I mean immediately, the two that should've had his back the most turned on him.

Simmons didn't throw them under the bus at any point in that series.  Even after JoeLLLL blew that layup or blew the two free throws that could've staved off the Hawks' amazing comeback. 

He never bristled at JoeLLLL being outta shape and unable to sustain his effort for full games.

He never questioned GLLLLenn Rivers weird game plan(s).

"But Rivers had his back all year, kg!"

Yeah but what'd he say when it was truth-tellin' time and he had to choose between shifting or accepting blame?

I wouldn't have gone back either.

b25f87b75d5a3e2124d740fe15366f8f.gif

• Like 4

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I have no idea what folks aren't getting.  I'm not even sure he's top5 in the reasons why they lost that series.  But, immediately after it was lost ... and I mean immediately, the two that should've had his back the most turned on him.

Simmons didn't throw them under the bus at any point in that series.  Even after JoeLLLL blew that layup or blew the two free throws that could've staved off the Hawks' amazing comeback. 

He never bristled at JoeLLLL being outta shape and unable to sustain his effort for full games.

He never questioned GLLLLenn Rivers weird game plan(s).

"But Rivers had his back all year, kg!"

Yeah but what'd he say when it was truth-tellin' time and he had to choose between shifting or accepting blame?

I wouldn't have gone back either.

There's two sides to this and both sides are wrong. 

Simmons is wrong for not fixing or trying to fix what's wrong with his game. 

Doc is wrong for misusing Ben in the same manner that his other coaches have. 

Embiid is wrong because in a close game, you never point to one play as the cause for a loss.

But here's the unseen hand in all of this.

The 76ers organization is taking the script that most teams do.. they make a public villification of Simmons.  Now.. he's lazy.. he doesn't get along with teammates.. he's "all of thee above" when you want to focus and cast blame for losses.. but at the same time, you want top value in a trade. 

The truth that every other team in the league knows is that Ben Simmons is not as bad as Philly says.. it's just an organization that is capping to look good for it's fanbase.   The truth is that Ben Simmons is a 6'10-6'11" player that can get to the basket anytime he wants to and score.. but he's been used all wrong.  The main problem is that you've played him with Embiid and you've expected that he can help Embiid get a pin down and score.  He does.. but that's at the expense of him growing as a player.   The next team that gets Simmons is going to win the lottery because if they play him right, they can allow him/teach him to be more agressive with the ball and he will go from being what he is now to being possibly better than Lebron. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AHF said:

The faking injury thing is the sort of thing that could really destroy your reputation.  https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ben-simmons-could-show-sixers-202838065.html

I want nothing to do with Simmons at this point even if we could get him for near free.  Looks like someone who is both extremely self-centered and has no ethical issues in lying to take money that he isn't earning (i.e., contractually isn't entitled to get when he is refusing to show up and give a good faith effort).

He and his agent are making some bad decisions right now.  If you want to force a trade just hold your ground and accept that you are going to lose some salary.  If you aren't willing to lose salary, then loudly demand a trade but show up and be a professional and then you get paid.  You don't get both.

Kawhi faked an injury for a whole season, and got 20 million. NBA is a strange league. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Diesel said:

There's two sides to this and both sides are wrong. 

Simmons is wrong for not fixing or trying to fix what's wrong with his game. 

Doc is wrong for misusing Ben in the same manner that his other coaches have. 

Embiid is wrong because in a close game, you never point to one play as the cause for a loss.

But here's the unseen hand in all of this.

The 76ers organization is taking the script that most teams do.. they make a public villification of Simmons.  Now.. he's lazy.. he doesn't get along with teammates.. he's "all of thee above" when you want to focus and cast blame for losses.. but at the same time, you want top value in a trade. 

The truth that every other team in the league knows is that Ben Simmons is not as bad as Philly says.. it's just an organization that is capping to look good for it's fanbase.   The truth is that Ben Simmons is a 6'10-6'11" player that can get to the basket anytime he wants to and score.. but he's been used all wrong.  The main problem is that you've played him with Embiid and you've expected that he can help Embiid get a pin down and score.  He does.. but that's at the expense of him growing as a player.   The next team that gets Simmons is going to win the lottery because if they play him right, they can allow him/teach him to be more agressive with the ball and he will go from being what he is now to being possibly better than Lebron. 

Ben Simmons is not 6'11", Not even close. 

You have to accept Simmons for what he is. He's a an excellent passer, defender, and can score around the basket. He cant shoot. He will never be able to shoot. Shooting is a gift. He can get better, but only so much. Just like Trae Young will never be a great dunker, that's never going to happen. You have accept players limitations, instead of insisting they do things they aren't good at. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Ben Simmons is not 6'11", Not even close. 

image.gif.e3ad948245d2aca609d2c8bfec577640.gif

Watch out now, the height police is back!!! “Bee-doh, bee-doh, bee-doh” 🚨🤣

• Haha 4

• Premium Member

Simmons is 6'10" in shoes I believe so saying he's 6'11" isn't much of a STRETCH.

I'm here all week, folks. 

But speaking of Simmons to emphasize @Diesel post earlier: he's right. Simmons should never have been used as a PG when it became clear he can't shoot. He should be used as a power forward in the low post that can be a secondary distributor or fast break creator. He can definitely score around the basket. Why not build that skill up more by making him a low post player? Who the hell in today's game can guard the low post well? 

The only problem with that is Simmons. He before said he only wants to play PG. If someone can convince him to play PF/C I think his game would skyrocket. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I did that around 19-20 too but it was Blockbuster.  Worked there like 3 weeks, just stopped showing up one day.

They worked in 2-person teams so the girl I was supposed to work with was pissed the night I no-show'd.  She called to cuss me out and hung up on me.  I couldn't even get mad at her.

In my defense, it was boring AF.  Most interesting part was watching all the dudes like @RandomFan tryna sneak behind the curtain where all the dirty movies were stocked.  

Ummm, that was supposed to stay between us @kg01!

4263ae8ff6360ae77bd9792a1732bd47e8e34ab7

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Ummm, that was supposed to stay between us @kg01!

4263ae8ff6360ae77bd9792a1732bd47e8e34ab7

Random at the video store ..

200.webp?cid=ecf05e478ou26m3hjvohjixllam

Me behind the counter ....

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47ds2quf2xq7n6fiotf6

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

How bout ur nuggets? :sarcastic:

Or his Celtics, or his {insert soth's other teams}

😄

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 3