• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ben Simmons A Hawk? I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Diesel

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

If anyone thinks he is making it up as an alternative to his publicly leaked "I think I'll fake an injury" angle, his refusal to meet with team doctors sure makes him look suspect.

Until I read this....

Instead, sources said, Simmons has worked with mental health professionals via the National Basketball Players Association since the summer. So far Simmons has yet to provide details of those meetings to the team, sources said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Until I read this....

Definitely makes it sound more like legit issues.  Not meeting with the team doctors isn't really kosher (employers have the right to independently assess in most cases where an employee is wanting some type of protected leave) and has to be driving them up the wall as they decide whether to pay him or not.  Also have to know this is a red flag for other teams, even if that is unfair to Simmons.  

• Like 2

I don’t want anyone to like this! :indifferent:

Numbers match is uncanny though. Almost perfect salary match. 

I still love Cam. I don’t want to trade him. I just want Nate to use him better.

I DON’T WANNA TRADE WITH ANYONE! I LOVE OUR ROSTER! 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yesycwlu

DA0AF212-B501-43F5-8368-B4C4D815CBC5.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t want anyone to like this! :indifferent:

Numbers match is uncanny though. Almost perfect salary match. 

I still love Cam. I don’t want to trade him. I just want Nate to use him better.

I DON’T WANNA TRADE WITH ANYONE! I LOVE OUR ROSTER! 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yesycwlu

DA0AF212-B501-43F5-8368-B4C4D815CBC5.jpeg

@macdaddy I’m sad too. I don’t know why the heck I posted it. I don’t want Ben here. I like his talents just not his commitment and passion for the game. 

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member
On 9/9/2021 at 4:21 PM, Diesel said:

I still believe... when I don't consider the price... Simmons is a great Robin especially for a nondefensive team. 

As Hawks fans...we rest a lot on HOPE.

We HOPE that we can play defense....    We hope that Dieng can make us better.   We hope that Cam will step up on defense.   We hope that Hunter will step up and defend.

In the playoffs.

Knicks shot 39.8%

76ers shot 48.4%

Bucks shot 47.7% 

On our defense. 

It suggests that Every time we're in the playoffs.. we're the SacTown Kings... We have to win a shootout.   And as you ask, we shot 44.4% against the 76ers.  So.. I believe that the biggest strength that Simmons would bring would be a point of our biggest need... Defense.   The cost may inhibit us from going after him... but This idea that his biggest flaw is too big of a flaw??  That's B.S.  His greatest assets make us better. 

Ok...  Words were prophetic here.   I still like the idea of bringing Simmons in as our SF.   It will cost us Gallo, Bogi, and some firsts...  With our record right now, I would dangle a 2022  top 3 protected first to Philly to see if they bite. 

Or we can go  Bogi, Gallo, Cam, 1st (protected) for Simmons and Green. 

• Moderators

I'm still not on board with Simmons.   His contract hasn't changed.   His attitude hasn't changed.   And he's still the supposed best defender from the #1 seed Sixers last year that blew 2, 20+ second half leads to the Hawks in a playoff series.  

If he comes here I'm happy to be wrong about him but seems unlikely it makes a huge difference unless we don't give up much.

Hey Squawkers! This is my first post on Squawk (been trying to join for a while). Although I haven't posted a lot, I've enjoyed the discussions on this board and am excited to be here. Now let's talk Simmons! I can see him working really well here. Just for fun, here's an ATL/PHI framework trade I came up with including IND/HOU (wasn't sure where picks should go):

tradenba-snap-1642316817359.png

ATL Out: Gallo / Huerter / Wright / 3 2022 1sts 
ATL In: Simmons

PHI Out: Simmons / Harris
PHI In: Sabonis / Wall / Warren / 2022 ATL 1st (unprotected)

IND Out: Sabonis / Warren
IND In: Gallo / Huerter / 2022 ATL 1st (via CHA)

HOU Out: Wall
HOU In: Harris / Wright / 2022 ATL 1st (via OKC) 

Why ATL: Hawks fund this entire trade with valuable draft stock. Although Simmons will be out for weeks (how much did we break him?), he should be a welcome sight for our defense. This also makes Trae happy and could help relieve a lot of pressure. Offensively, Trae's PnR game favors our bigs, where Ben's probing game could make the game easier for our wings. They compliment each others weaknesses very well. High risk, but an even higher reward.

Why PHI: Simmon's drama now over. Doesn't waste a healthy year with Embiid. They get their star(s) in Sabonis (can't believe he's only 25yo) and Wall (last game he played had 27pts, 13ast, 3rbs, 2blk, and 1stl). Gets rid of Simmon's  4 year max contract, shortens Harris' 3 year bad contract into Wall's 2 year bad contract. Harden isn't leaving Brooklyn, but Wall does have a player option should you convince him and Harden to play for a championship in Philly next year. Let's not forget about T.J. Warren (foot), who has been cleared to increase activities after recent scan (is running on the floor now) and is apparently just weeks away from returning. Oh, let's not forget about the 2022 1st cherry.

Why IND: If Indy is blowing it up, then this package helps them start that goal with valuable pieces. Huerter is a special young wing who is already a team first professional with a strong foundation. Gallo (filler) is on a team friendly contract. The 2022 1st is the cherry.

Why HOU: In rebuild mode. Harris' contract is smaller than Wall's annually, but it's 1 year longer. They are compensated with draft capital.

Hawks Roster:
Simmons / Lou / Cooper
Trae / Bogi / Mays
Hunter / Knox / TLC
Collins / JJ
Capela / Okongwu / Dieng

Sixers Roster:
Wall / Maxey / Powell
Curry / Green / Korkmaz / Joe
Thybulle / Warren / Key
Sabonis / Niang / Reed
Embiid / Drummond / Bassey