• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ben Simmons A Hawk? I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Diesel

9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

What I'd be willing to offer for him is:  Gallanari, Reddish and Heurter for Simmons. 

Trae, Bogo, Simmons, JC, and Cap - Starters. 

We lose some depth.. We lose some potential.. but you got to give Philly something.    For us, our starters will be hard to keep up with.  We're more defensive.  We're bigger.   It will be interesting. 

I'd probably do this.  Likely PHI wouldn't, which would be a mistake.  Morey probably wants to win a lopsided deal which, again, is a mistake.

6 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Edited ... only one Cap :tsktsk:

I'm pickin' up what you're puttin' down, Cap.

I feel the same way when folks call Kevin Garnett "KG".

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'd probably do this.  Likely PHI wouldn't, which would be a mistake.  Morey probably wants to win a lopsided deal which, again, is a mistake.

I'm pickin' up what you're puttin' down, Cap.

I feel the same way when folks call Kevin Garnett "KG".

What about Capela though? You can barely have one non shooter on the floor, much less two of them. 

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

What about Capela though? You can barely have one non shooter on the floor, much less two of them. 

Simmons gives us all kind of ways to change up the lineup.

I can see:  Trae, Bogi, Hunter, JC, Simmons... sometimes. 

I can see:  Trae, Simmons, Hunter, JC, OO sometimes. 

I can see:  Trae, Wright, Bogi, JC, and Simmons.

Finally... Simmons Free Throws and shooting are a mind thing.  His Mechanics are good.  There's video of him stepping into three pointers that look perfect.  He needs a sports psychologist. 

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Diesel said:

Finally... Simmons Free Throws and shooting are a mind thing.  His Mechanics are good.  There's video of him stepping into three pointers that look perfect.  He needs a sports psychologist. 

There are videos of Shaq drilling 3's.  Offseason video highlights of non-shooters hitting shots in an empty gym are worth as much of a starbucks coffee cup after the coffee is drunk.  When the regular season starts if you held on to that, you start getting annoyed looking for some place to throw it away because it is worthless garbage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
On 9/4/2021 at 10:04 AM, bleachkit said:

well according to the board, the Bucks are better without Giannis, as Portis can be another shooter on the floor.

If "the board" means a poster who is willing to put something out there to further a point even if it is a ridiculous statement, then sure.  But 99% of the people here know that the Bucks won their ring because of Giannis and won't try to say otherwise (because I think 100% of the board knows he was the best and most important player on their team).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, AHF said:

If "the board" means a poster who is willing to put something out there to further a point even if it is a ridiculous statement, then sure.  But 99% of the people here know that the Bucks won their ring because of Giannis and won't try to say otherwise (because I think 100% of the board knows he was the best and most important player on their team).

They don’t get out of round 1 without Giannis.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I would have to go back in the thread and look but that ridiculous comment did get a few posters backing up that statement. 

Atlanta coaches:  Welcome to the new Hawk, Ben Simmons.

Ben Simmons:  Hi Hawk team.  I'm a starter here.

Atlanta coaches:  No, you are not a starter.

Ben Simmons:  I want out of here.  Now!

:sun:

• Haha 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

I would have to go back in the thread and look but that ridiculous comment did get a few posters backing up that statement. 

I don’t really remember multiple posters being involved in that but either way it would be an extreme minority of the total posters on the board.  Akin to arguing that the Hawks were better off without Trae since they won without him.  Silly, IMO.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, AHF said:

I don’t really remember multiple posters being involved in that but either way it would be an extreme minority of the total posters on the board.  Akin to arguing that the Hawks were better off without Trae since they won without him.  Silly, IMO.

No..

I stand by what i said.

I said.. we had game planned for Giannis.  We had a wall.   Milwaukee's offense revolved around what Giannis can do and while he was on the floor... the others stood by and watched.

When he went out...  everybody else stepped up.  WE did not game plan for that.  Not just Portis.. but Holiday.  Lopez... Middleton.... and the rest of them destroyed our defense.  Go and look at the numbers again... those last two games they had 4-5 guys in Double digit scoring (20+ Points).   That's not to say that they were better without Giannis.. but that says that we had a better chance against them when Giannis was in the game.  With Giannis in the game, we knew where the ball was going.  We knew what the play was going to be.. .we had a chance of stopping it.   With him out..  Sheez...  Maybe you Blocked it out of your mind.. .but Brook Lopez went Clean off on us.

IN their series with the Nets.. Portis averaged like 3.0 ppg.  Lopez  like 11.0 ppg.   What do you think happened in games 5 and 6 of our series??  I'd guess that Lopez averaged 30 ppg in those two. 

And some of yall actually think Bud made adjustments????  When has Bud ever made adjustments???  We have died on Bud's hills. 

Finally,  Milwaukee had an easy time with Phoenix and Giannis looked like the best player in the league because Phoenix refused to make a wall.   They thought Ayton could take him one on one.