• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Since U Ben Gone

• Moderators

Dang what a mess.  Interesting if Sixers hold firm or ship him for a poor return.   I think most teams who take Simmons will regret it.   He's just not the worth the money.   Best fit i could see is with the Warriors but don't think Sixers will like Wiggins + picks.   

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I can't imagine the Kings would give up Fox.

I still say a McCollum trade is the one that makes the most sense for everyone (though Simmons apparently doesn't like the idea of Portland). McCollum can play PG--the only reason he developed more as a SG was because the Blazers already had Lillard. He is already the Blazers de facto backup PG now, and he averaged a career-high 4.7 apg last year to 1.4 TO/g last year. A 3.45 to 1 AST:TO ratio is elite. He'd be a great fit in Philly.

Simmons' arrival would enable the Blazers to slide Powell over to the 2 and instantly transform them from one of the worst defensive starting lineups in the league to one of the best. They could even move Covington or Nance to get an extra offensive spark. As with Sacramento, the lower level of media glare in Portland would be good for Simmons too.

The problem is that Morey is a fool who thinks he'll somehow be able to extract a king's ransom for Simmons when the reality is that the best he can hope for is a borderline-All-Star plus some picks or young projects.

1 hour ago, niremetal said:

The problem is that Morey is a fool who thinks he'll somehow be able to extract a king's ransom for Simmons when the reality is that the best he can hope for is a borderline-All-Star plus some picks or young projects.

I don’t think Morey’s a fool. He is just playing the waiting game to attract the hottest bidder. He’s been around even tho he acts like a noob.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I got it, lw3.  I got it.

And, for the folks lamenting the fact that Ben won't work with the 6er docs, can we be honest about the situation?

If a 6er doc examines him and comes up with any result other than "ready to play", that 6er doc will be fired.  Not immediately fired.  The organization is more savvy than that.  But that diagnosis will result in that doc losing his job in some capacity.

Why in the ever-loving heck would you, as a person suffering (allegedly) from some form of mental issue(s), trust that person?

Do people forget Simmons has been dealing with some really strange allegations within his immediate family this past year or so?  IIRC, his sister has made some heinous allegations about his brother or stte.

There are some very real things he's dealing with so this idea that he's 'making it up' is a little problematic, imho.  At best, we don't know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I got it, lw3.  I got it.

And, for the folks lamenting the fact that Ben won't work with the 6er docs, can we be honest about the situation?

If a 6er doc examines him and comes up with any result other than "ready to play", that 6er doc will be fired.  Not immediately fired.  The organization is more savvy than that.  But that diagnosis will result in that doc losing his job in some capacity.

Why in the ever-loving heck would you, as a person suffering (allegedly) from some form of mental issue(s), trust that person?

Do people forget Simmons has been dealing with some really strange allegations within his immediate family this past year or so?  IIRC, his sister has made some heinous allegations about his brother or stte.

There are some very real things he's dealing with so this idea that he's 'making it up' is a little problematic, imho.  At best, we don't know.

I don't view the trustworthiness of company or team doctors as differently from personal doctors as you do.  I especially view that as a lower risk where he is already engaged with league doctors.  But it is very difficult to come up with a plan to return someone to work when the employer is kept in the dark about the situation.  As long as Ben isn't getting paid, that seems fine but if he wants to get paid he should absolutely have to engage with the team doctor especially after all the bad faith stuff from Ben (bad faith as far as not making a legitimate effort to return and play such as openly saying he doesn't want to return or play for the Sixers).