• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Clint Capela agrees to a 2 year, $46 Million Extension

ATLHawks3

• Moderators

I get it.  All i'm saying is none of those guys are very comparable to CC other than Allen.   Again let me just say that I love Clint and I like this deal.  I think it's a fair deal.  But he is the second highest paid player in the league that can't make a shot beyond 6 inches.   Maybe that will clear it up.   

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I get it.  All i'm saying is none of those guys are very comparable to CC other than Allen.   Again let me just say that I love Clint and I like this deal.  I think it's a fair deal.  But he is the second highest paid player in the league that can't make a shot beyond 6 inches.   Maybe that will clear it up.   

Clint falls in his own category in terms of his skillset and age.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2021 at 1:50 PM, macdaddy said:

And he can't handle mediocre bigs like Lopez when it matters.

On 9/2/2021 at 1:50 PM, macdaddy said:

Well, they've locked themselves into a front court that works for regular season play, but not so impactful when it matters the most.

It's all kind of average... Not bad, but not something to be extremely excited about.

6 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

14 and 4. 

That's what Brook Lopez did against us in 6 games. 

He had a big game 5 when he had to log heavy minutes without Giannis and he went for 33 and 7 rebs in the game of his life. If you want to give him praise for that sure, go right ahead. We laid an egg, the entire team did, in that game 5.

His averages for the other 5 games, 10.6pts  and 3.4rebs. We weren't having an issue slowing him down outside of 1 game when the team got molly whopped on the road.

Milwaukee was +42 against us on the series, Brook Lopez was +25. That means the Bucks were actually 17 points worse against us when Lopez was on the floor over the series. 

Maybe it can be said that I'm letting a couple of good offensive performances have a little too much influence on my view of the series, but CC should have outplayed him in the series an he really didn't. 

Nobody cares that CC was better on the boards. He was lesser pretty much everywhere else.

• Moderators
14 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

14 and 4. 

That's what Brook Lopez did against us in 6 games. 

He had a big game 5 when he had to log heavy minutes without Giannis and he went for 33 and 7 rebs in the game of his life. If you want to give him praise for that sure, go right ahead. We laid an egg, the entire team did, in that game 5.

His averages for the other 5 games, 10.6pts  and 3.4rebs. We weren't having an issue slowing him down outside of 1 game when the team got molly whopped on the road.

Milwaukee was +42 against us on the series, Brook Lopez was +25. That means the Bucks were actually 17 points worse against us when Lopez was on the floor over the series. 

Agree with you on the top part.  Lopez didn't run amock against us except for that one game.

I do think you are reading the +/- incorrectly, though.  Using the numbers in your post, Milwaukee was 25 points better against us when Lopez was on the floor.  When Lopez was off the floor, they were 17 points better than us.  

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Capela just got 29 points 26 rebounds and 7 blocks for me. Granted it was a revenge game in Atlanta against his old rocket 🚀 team but still..

I wouldn’t sleep on Clint, Hunter or Cam. It’s coming, what we’ve all been waiting for this whole time.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Capela just got 29 points 26 rebounds and 7 blocks for me. Granted it was a revenge game in Atlanta against his old rocket 🚀 team but still..

I wouldn’t sleep on Clint, Hunter or Cam. It’s coming, what we’ve all been waiting for this whole time.

I cannot wait to see this trio on the court for the majority of a game.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...