• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta Hawks sign Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot to a Non-Guaranteed Deal

ATLHawks3

• Premium Member

Kind of perplexing to me, even if he's a more skilled player than Solo. Wing is the position where we have the biggest glut in terms of guys under (guaranteed) contracts--Bogi, Hunter, Cam, and Huerter are primarily wings, Wright can play the 2, and then JJ and Solo (and even Gallo) can play the 3.

Makes me wonder if the Hawks are worried about how Hunter's rehab is progressing, or that there's an unreported lingering issue from the playoffs with Bogi or Cam 😬

Edited by niremetal
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, niremetal said:

Kind of perplexing to me, even if he's a more skilled player than Solo. Wing is the position where we have the biggest glut in terms of guys under (guaranteed) contracts--Bogi, Hunter, Cam, and Huerter are primarily wings, Wright can play the 2, and then JJ and Solo (and even Gallo) can play the 3.

Makes me wonder if the Hawks are worried about how Hunter's rehab is progressing, or that there's an unreported lingering issue from the playoffs with Bogi or Cam 😬

Don't think too hard about it. We are still living in a pandemic. Could potentially be without multiple players for an extended amount of time. You cannot have enough wing depth. 

Dude is versatile also. He got mins at 1-3. Started 7 games. He's better than having Bruno or Dunn wasting bench space. He can defend.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, niremetal said:

Not looking too deep into the signing since its non-guaranteed. If you look at the free agents left on the market, it's kind of underwhelming in terms of value. I don't mind TLC trying to earn his way onto the roster, while also keeping the option open to waive him once someone better is available in our price range. 

• Premium Member

Yeah, maybe I'm just wanting to see the glass half-full here, but until I see something that actually specifies he's getting a minimum standard contract, it seems an open question whether he's getting that or getting an E10... and I'd lean toward an E10 just based on what Schlenk has told us and his record of typically doing what he suggested he was inclined to do.

• Like 1