• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jahlil Okafor to Hawks

Spud2nique

When you're as deep as we are even the training camp bodies have to be nba ready and capable of making a squad.

Doesn't mean they will make ours unless they prove themselves to be key assets that fit our team and system.

Like Solo proved to do last year.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

Is it safe to say Jahlil is Jabari Parker with no Athletic ability?

No. Okafor is a good player. He's just a hard fit in today's NBA if you plan on using him often. He's a 3rd string center who can score, draw good defensive coverage, set excellent screens, and he plays hard. His defense is poor and could improve as a rebounder but he's excellent at boxing out bigs and smaller players. 

Parker is also a good player who is best as 10th man scorer but like Okafor is a tough fit in the modern NBA. But are good players but both have clear weaknesses. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

Is it safe to say Jahlil is Jabari Parker with no Athletic ability?

The comparison is pretty close in my book... I was just getting ready to post the same. Though, I would say that what Okafor gives up to Parker in athleticism, he gets in inches of height.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

"Let's wait to see how things shake out after we trade for Simmons." - NBASsupes

I saw a post from supes before the 18 draft on realgm this morning. He said if Trae comes out after his freshman year he won’t make it in the league. :mellow:

It made me sad. Kind of like finding out Santa 🎅 doesn’t exist (sorry @marco102its true).. I guess we are all allowed our hiccups. I had Marvin out to be the next James Worthy…I’m sorry James.

1 minute ago, warcore said:

Dan Dickau

Remember his wife being like a Blazer cheerleader 📣 🥳 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

No. Okafor is a good player. He's just a hard fit in today's NBA if you plan on using him often. He's a 3rd string center who can score, draw good defensive coverage, set excellent screens, and he plays hard. His defense is poor and could improve as a rebounder but he's excellent at boxing out bigs and smaller players. 

Parker is also a good player who is best as 10th man scorer but like Okafor is a tough fit in the modern NBA. But are good players but both have clear weaknesses. 

Shakes rated you out on the Trae post bro. 

image.gif.cb0cc4b406dc1d72ec2f39ddd60f1c42.gif

3 hours ago, LongTimeFan said:

Born in Arkansas, but split time between parents (father lived in Chicago).  Moved to Chicago permanently at age 9 and went to high school there.  

Thanks. I remember like 7 or 8 years ago seeing this sports focus Bay Area program where they cover all the high school area athletes and it had a piece on him with his pops workin with him about 20 min south of my house and I assumed he was a bay kid.

13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Shakes rated you out on the Trae post bro. 

image.gif.cb0cc4b406dc1d72ec2f39ddd60f1c42.gif

I have no clue what ya'll are even talking about. KG talking about something that I've never said, I am just minding my own business. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1