• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jahlil Okafor to Hawks

Spud2nique

2 hours ago, JTB said:

*Okungwu is the one special talent that fits the modern  nba and can play at both big man spots no hesitation.

He’s about to show us a whooooole lot more. Just hoping he rehabs well to get out there by January. 

Agree overall though I do like our big man and overall depth.

• Like 4

I feel like the best that Jah has to offer, Gallo also does but in a much more dynamic manner.  And Jah's defense under FIBA rules during the Olympics didn't inspire confidence either even though you'd suspect that no defensive 3 in the key would benefit a stiff like him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, terrell said:

Yeah I agree. He can get some buckets..I just dont understand why he isnt better at rebounding.  I mean the guy has a 7'5 wingspan..Id expect him to at least grab more boards..Offense has never been his problem..Its defense and rebounding....He would be an ALL NBA player(offensively) back in the 80's/ 90's based off some of his highlights for sure..He's taking Drummond to school......🥰

WOW!  And we get him for free!  How great is this!  Travis strikes again!

Some of you say, "He'll never make our team."  That's OK.  That means that either he's not this good or we are really, really fine.  Either way, this is a great move.  Rumors have the Hawks trading these players for that player.  Two or three for one.  Consolidate.  Yet, here we are.  Losing nothing and gaining an experienced big for nothing.

This is like receiving money from home when you hadn't ask for it!!

🥰

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Oh man, we jus' gonna let these threats go unpunished?

I demand we purge this "draft thread" so no one will be able to use anyone's faulty draft opinions against them ever again.

Where's a mod when you need one?

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e478n7wya8qtngdw435us

NA of old C is the chit. Love me some Laney.

• Premium Member

I feel that if Okafor had been able to play in the 80's or 90's he's at least a two or three time All Star. He can score in the low post and rebound. I kinda feel bad for him that he just happened to be playing in the wrong era for him. 

This is a solid pickup for us. It costs us nothing to have him on the roster. He's there as needed and we know what he can do. That's not a bad thing.

• Like 4

On 9/16/2021 at 1:09 PM, sturt said:

Whoa.

Just watched those highlights.

And that has to be the most underwhelming #1 I think I've ever seen.

Keep reminding me, please.

Allow Anthony Bennett to introduce himself by hitting you over the head with a hammer.  Everyone involved in that pick should be jailed for 90 days.

• Haha 3

He had a positive 100 possession rating his two years in NO by a pretty healthy 4 point average, I’m sure Nate can get him up to speed where he doesn’t hurt us with his team-low IQ. Then his paint shooting efficiency and offensive rebounding can help.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 4

• Premium Member

There really is a lot to like about the parts of his game where there is something to like. I'm not sure that anyone back before he was drafted really could have imagined that those things to like would have been so sabotaged by what there isn't to like that he'd be relegated to some team's 15th man. But here we are.

For old time's sake, I thought this might be fun to re-live...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

He makes our team just a little bit more impervious to injury.  We’re like the Lakers with a 20 years younger team average age.

Ideally I wanna see him around 8-10 per, which would mean we’re regularly blowing teams out.  But if he has to increase to about 15 in a jam I’m not too concerned.  Just as long as those screens look like a 270 pound man who wants to win.

8 minutes ago, thecampster said:

If he stays, Clint might be the perfect defensive mentor for him because everything he does poorly on defense, Clint does well. If Clint had his body he'd be all NBA.

He's too slow footed to become anything more than an average defender.