• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jahlil Okafor to Hawks

Spud2nique

6 hours ago, AHF said:

I think our best bet is John Collins after Cap and Dieng.  Then play Gallo, Hunter and Jalen to make up the limited minutes JC plays at center.

Not gonna lie, JC might contend with Trae for the most minutes played on the team. Especially if Clint will be out of action early on into the season.

• Premium Member
On 10/12/2021 at 10:42 PM, sturt said:

actively watching for last-minute cuts from other teams right before the season's start.

I'm watching San Antonio and Sacramento, both of which have some "big" (see what I did there) roster decisions to make.

Of course, something could come out of left field, and especially so if there's some sudden new chapter in the Simmons saga.

13 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I liked Jah in Atlanta but it was clear, he's not an easy fit in the modern NBA everywhere he's been. He doesn't seems to have the same strength he had when he played in NO. 

Ah, that's just because you're a Duque fan.

I also thought he looked noticeably weaker and sluggish.  Maybe he just wasn't truly ready to play?  I think he could find a place if he was a force out there, but he was just kinda out there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

but he was just kinda out there.

Bet you said the same about the late night misfits still around at the bars in 1997 and took her home anyway! 

kaaaaapppppppsssshhhhh (drum 🪘 noise)

Here all week! (Well except Saturday I have a bday party)!

:banjo:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Bet you said the same about the late night misfits still around at the bars in 1997 and took her home anyway! 

kaaaaapppppppsssshhhhh (drum 🪘 noise)

Here all week! (Well except Saturday I have a bday party)!

:banjo:

Nah, kg may settle for low-hanging fruit joke-wise, but he does not settle when it comes to the ladies.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e471ibwj4d3x2ih5zxxay

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Ah, that's just because you're a Duque fan.

I also thought he looked noticeably weaker and sluggish.  Maybe he just wasn't truly ready to play?  I think he could find a place if he was a force out there, but he was just kinda out there.

I am a Duke fan but I am not a, you played at Duke, I will stan you type. 

He lost too much weight but his athleticism is still the same. It's basically turned himself into Kevin Love without range and rebounding 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
On 10/13/2021 at 10:06 AM, AHF said:

I think this nails it.

On 10/13/2021 at 5:54 PM, AHF said:

I think our best bet is John Collins after Cap and Dieng.

This is why I thought pre-Okafor that Schlenk surely has a vet PF in-mind.

Remember, he showed his hand last off-season when he remarked that the 2020 Heat had shown conclusively the wisdom in leaning toward smaller 5s in roster construction... so a traditional 3rd big big when you have Collins doesn't fit with that philosophy.

Granted, TLC has dibs on the 15th seat if there's any lingering injury concerns for one of our wings. But if all looks good on that front, I remain (as I have all off-season, for the most part) inclined to think this is Schlenk's target...

2021-10-14_23-54-02.png

17 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I am a Duke fan but I am not a, you played at Duke, I will stan you type. 

He lost too much weight but his athleticism is still the same. It's basically turned himself into Kevin Love without range and rebounding 

Yeah I was just messin with you, as usual.

What're you Dook boys gonna do with Zion?  So far, it's lookin' like all y'all are doin' is tryna hide your cornbread ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e4762h7wff1z6jxgj56zm

• Haha 3