• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawksquawk Fantasy Basketball XX

capstone21

• Admin

It’s year 21 of Squawk fantasy basketball!!!

(I know the name is XX ... that a whole other story)

The draft is next Tuesday Oct 12th at 7:30pm ...

All of the previous seasons managers have been brought back ... However, everyone might not want to play so PM me if you are interested.  There is a good chance you might end up with a team!!

THIS IS FOR ONLY SERIOUS MANAGERS WHO WILL PLAY THE WHOLE SEASON

Whether u are 20 games behind or in first place, you will be expected to manage your lineups

Remember next Tuesday Oct 12th at 7:30pm eastern

Good luck fellow managers as we play another great season!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Admin
On 10/7/2021 at 2:41 PM, capstone21 said:

It’s year 21 of Squawk fantasy basketball!!!

(I know the name is XX ... that a whole other story)

The draft is next Tuesday Oct 12th at 7:30pm ...

All of the previous seasons managers have been brought back ... However, everyone might not want to play so PM me if you are interested.  There is a good chance you might end up with a team!!

THIS IS FOR ONLY SERIOUS MANAGERS WHO WILL PLAY THE WHOLE SEASON

Whether u are 20 games behind or in first place, you will be expected to manage your lineups

Remember next Tuesday Oct 12th at 7:30pm eastern

Good luck fellow managers as we play another great season!!!!

Don’t forget the draft is tomorrow 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, pimp said:

20 MINUTES UNTIL THE DRAFT!
I can't wait to see who's coming in 2nd this year.😁
Going for 4 in a row
46621e976935652b63d7902d7361c056.jpg

I like this years team almost as much as last. But once again I have my injury concerns with Conley, Garland, Hunter, KAT, Rose, and Turner. You just cannot draft a risk free team anymore. Some of the most talented players are also the highest injury risk.

Good luck everyone and Go Hawks!

• Like 1

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I like this years team almost as much as last. But once again I have my injury concerns with Conley, Garland, Hunter, KAT, Rose, and Turner. You just cannot draft a risk free team anymore. Some of the most talented players are also the highest injury risk.

Good luck everyone and Go Hawks!

I did consciously avoid a lot of the high risk guys.  Nobody is zero risk but no more Kyrie Irving / Kevin Love type picks for me.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, AHF said:

Was kind of sad with my draft slot as I felt all the elite guys were gone.  But that 👆was my top pick.

He’s gonna have an MVP year for the Blazers, I really feel it. I don’t mind Portland out west at all, it’s been a min since Drexler, Porter and company.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I did consciously avoid a lot of the high risk guys.  Nobody is zero risk but no more Kyrie Irving / Kevin Love type picks for me.

I felt like KAT, Durant, and Embiid were my top choices at 6. Last season it was Embiid who cost me with DNP/Injuries. Durant is way to scary with his load management/rest games. So I took KAT despite the fact he only played in 50 games last season. I have taken Turner multiple times through the Squawk years and he always cost me; but three plus blocks a game, with his shooting percentages, is too dang tempting,

I am hoping like heck that KAT and Turner can finally put together a full season of games.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I felt like KAT, Durant, and Embiid were my top choices at 6. Last season it was Embiid who cost me with DNP/Injuries. Durant is way to scary with his load management/rest games. So I took KAT despite the fact he only played in 50 games last season. I have taken Turner multiple times through the Squawk years and he always cost me; but three plus blocks a game is too dang tempting,

I am hoping like heck that KAT and Turner can finally put together a full season of games.

Embiid was the only one of those on the board for me and I did pass on him due to injury concerns.  Lillard is a relative iron man in comparison.  I would have gone for Durant or KAT had they been on the board.

• Like 2

Who decides what position a player is listed as in fantasy? Seriously if you are gonna make Herro a PG, you gotta put / SG. I don’t know how much diff it’s really gonna make for my squad but it does shift a bit of imbalance to the PG position.

I mean ummmmm…. I love my core. :indifferent:

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I passed up Embiid for Trae due to.. well obvious bias reasons. :eyebrow:… 

That could easily work out in your favor anyway.  Trae is a beast.  I moved him up my board for the same reason, though.  Would be more fun to root for Trae than say Paul George.

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, Spud2nique said:

Who decides what position a player is listed as in fantasy? Seriously if you are gonna make Herro a PG, you gotta put / SG. I don’t know how much diff it’s really gonna make for my squad but it does shift a bit of imbalance to the PG position.

I mean ummmmm…. I love my core. :indifferent:

Each company that runs a fantasy league has their own process for designating positions.  Easier in baseball where people clearly are at a particular position.  I'd expect them to make Herro SG eligible before too long but that is crazy to list him as PG only.  Someone who doesn't know basketball made that call.

FWIW, BR estimates that Herro played 28% of his time at PG last season (compared to 61% at SG) and 82games has him at 29% PG (compared to 64% SG).

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

True. Another guy I love his game but weary of his availability. Outside of the playoffs, PG13 puts up good numbers when he plays, which hasn’t been much it seems due to load management.

Last year, he missed 18 games to play in 75% of games.  Year before was bad at 67%.  The 3 prior years were at least 75, 79 and 77 games which is better than 90% of games every year.  Hoping with Kawhi injured, he goes back to more regular appearances.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AHF said:

Last year, he missed 18 games to play in 75% of games.  Year before was bad at 67%.  The 3 prior years were at least 75, 79 and 77 games which is better than 90% of games every year.  Hoping with Kawhi injured, he goes back to more regular appearances.

Wow why did it feel less to me I wonder. Oh man, that’s actually a really high percentage. Maybe I’ve been factoring in playoff Paul but even then good numbers. Perhaps after he left Indy to the west with the whirlwind of trades I lost track of the dude lol.