• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NLCS Braves!!! Let’s go!

Spud2nique

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I know this dude that wanted Riley traded while he was struggling.   What a dummy.

Who was he?  Well, let's just say he's a pretty cagey one. 🤫

:laugh1:Small world 🌎 there was a handsome guy I knew who begged Camargo take 3rd over Riley. If he wasn’t such a cool guy I’d …. :ninja:

• Haha 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

*sigh* Why does Atlanta have to Atlanta?

Could have pretty much put the series away but gave up 4 runs in the 8th. Now it's anyone's series again.

Yeah that was bad.   Luke has been super shaky for 2 years though.  I know he had a decent year but Luke/Smith close out isn't very reassuring compared to what the dodgers throw out there. 

Still got to win tonight and we're good.   

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah that was bad.   Luke has been super shaky for 2 years though.  I know he had a decent year but Luke/Smith close out isn't very reassuring compared to what the dodgers throw out there. 

Still got to win tonight and we're good.   

Luke had been absolutely lights out this year. Probably a top 4 reliever in all of baseball, and this was the first time in 7 playoff appearances he gave up a run. I think in hindsight with the high usage we have had with our top guys (Matzek and Jackson) I would have tried to squeeze one more inning out of Morton and shortened the bull pen innings... but hindsight is 20/20

As far as Jackson's mistake that pitch to Bellinger was waaay out of the plate, hard to be mad at him when he essentially was throwing a throwaway pitch and Bellinger just happened to be looking for it, but of course you also question just throwing fastball after fastball to the guy, not smart. 

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Luke had been absolutely lights out this year. Probably a top 4 reliever in all of baseball, and this was the first time in 7 playoff appearances he gave up a run. I think in hindsight with the high usage we have had with our top guys (Matzek and Jackson) I would have tried to squeeze one more inning out of Morton and shortened the bull pen innings... but hindsight is 20/20

As far as Jackson's mistake that pitch to Bellinger was waaay out of the plate, hard to be mad at him when he essentially was throwing a throwaway pitch and Bellinger just happened to be looking for it, but of course you also question just throwing fastball after fastball to the guy, not smart. 

Yeah.  I actually said he should go up the ladder on him right before he threw it.  So i can't be too mad although a little higher would have been great in hindsight.  

Yeah Luke has had a good year but i just never feel comfortable with him for some reason.