• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do you believe in the Trae Young Rule Yet.

Diesel

I think Trae won some respect in the playoffs.  He’s not thought of as a chucker on a losing team anymore. 
I do agree that Lebron and Steph will get calls Trae won’t.  Trae will still be a gamer and a winner.  
Some of these fouls initiated by players were BS.  Rip throughs, leaning sideways to take a shot, and catching a defender off balance 40 feet out and then ramming into them to get three free throws, etc.  

The one I don’t understand is defenders biting on a pump fake and not getting called for a foul.  Basketball basics teach a defender to not leave the ground.  Limits the effectiveness of a pump fake.  
Trae is getting ratings.  This league is about money.  They are not out to get him.  I truly believe he changed the narrative when people like Bill Simmons completely flipped their view point.

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

The one I don’t understand is defenders biting on a pump fake and not getting called for a foul.  Basketball basics teach a defender to not leave the ground.  Limits the effectiveness of a pump fake.  

I believe this is still a foul as long as the shooter isn't lunging forward in an awkward shooting motion to make sure contact is drawn.  There's a difference between a defender lunging into the shooter and the shooter jumping at an angle to hit the defender as they throw up a circus shot.  The brake checking is also still a foul as long as the shooter doesn't jump backwards into the defender.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Final_quest said:

In this environment where three point shooters can become killers, new basketball logic is that challenging the three point shot can lead to lower percentage on the three point shots.   You don't wont high percentage shooters getting good looks with no challenge.

21 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

I believe this is still a foul as long as the shooter isn't lunging forward in an awkward shooting motion to make sure contact is drawn.  There's a difference between a defender lunging into the shooter and the shooter jumping at an angle to hit the defender as they throw up a circus shot.  The brake checking is also still a foul as long as the shooter doesn't jump backwards into the defender.

I think as long as they only call this when shooters are doing something really exaggerated.  I was doing pump fakes on the playground 40 years ago, this is part of the game.  A defender leaves their feet, they are a sitting duck and you go straight to the free throw line if that's what you want.  A rip through is totally different and usually complete nonsense.  
The brake check is the one that will hurt Trae the most.  Mainly because they won't call any legitimate fouls unless he gets run over.  This is the move where Trae is being targeted by the league even though he hardly ever jumps back into defenders.      

THE TRAE RULE

Yep.  Players have been doing the same thing for many, many years.  Then, along comes Trae.  Media makes a point of talking about what he is doing.  A head coach in the NBA joins in.  All Hawk fans were aware of all this because so many "talking heads" of the NBA continually harped about Trae "hunting fouls."

Flustration because these upstart Hawks were winning.  Trae continues to hit his free throws.  In an effort to stop all this, a new Trae rule is made.  But, other players in the NBA in pre season get called for breaking this new Trae rule.  Oh, darn.  We didn't think about this.

Really.  The Trae rule.  Others did the same thing before Trae.  But, he is the cause of the change.  Thanks NBA!

:smug:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

The brake check is the one that will hurt Trae the most.  Mainly because they won't call any legitimate fouls unless he gets run over.  This is the move where Trae is being targeted by the league even though he hardly ever jumps back into defenders. 

Why do you think he's being targeted by the league on this?  They specifically tweeted an example of Trae brake checking and said this is still a foul.  I haven't seen any evidence they will stop calling that.

6 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Why do you think he's being targeted by the league on this?  They specifically tweeted an example of Trae brake checking and said this is still a foul.  I haven't seen any evidence they will stop calling that.

He did this to the Nets last year and got the, “That’s not basketball line.”  Will find out how this is called.  It’s a guess on my part that they are gonna let guys run into him.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Where'd you see that?  If I can find it, it might suddenly appear on realgm getting smeared in the faces of them slacked-jawed yokels.

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

That was Curry. 

Also towards the end they show what Trae does that is still a foul on the defender. Alot of redditors, twitters, and realgmers about to be mad when Trae is still going to the line.

As @kg01 said what Trae does is not a foul. You can stop on a dime coming off a screen as long as you are not jumping to the left or right.

This is the only one they showed for Trae.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You can stop on a dime coming off a screen as long as you are not jumping to the left or right.

I look at it like a reverse charge on offense. If you move into the contact that's a foul, but both manipulate the opposing players momentum at the end.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, marco102 said:

Also towards the end they show what Trae does that is still a foul on the defender. Alot of redditors, twitters, and realgmers about to be mad when Trae is still going to the line.

This is the part I was referencing.  They showed the move Trae does most(?) often and it's still a foul on the defender as long as he doesn't jump abnormally to take the shot (like Curry in the link you posted).

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, kg01 said:

@JeffS17 just needs to tell me where to find it.  I'm cocked n' ready.

Yes, I put it that way.  We'll see if @Spud2nique takes the bait.

hahah sorry I got super busy at work.  Marco posted the video already it looks like...  At 1 minute into the Curry video in that series of ref tweets, you can see Trae brake check and they use it as the example of still being a foul on the defender...

Thanks @marco102 !

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

This is the part I was referencing.  They showed the move Trae does most(?) often and it's still a foul on the defender as long as he doesn't jump abnormally to take the shot (like Curry in the link you posted).

I completely misread your initial post...lol...you were right the entire time.  I thought you were saying that the refs were saying Trae's move would be foul...egg on face.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I completely misread your initial post...lol...you were right the entire time.  I thought you were saying that the refs were saying Trae's move would be foul...egg on face.

Yeah, it makes sense.  They have to have something to be judging other than I hate it when this player scores.  You can't punish someone for being quick and pulling up after beating their man or outplaying the pnr defense

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1