• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do you believe in the Trae Young Rule Yet.

Diesel

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

This is the part I was referencing.  They showed the move Trae does most(?) often and it's still a foul on the defender as long as he doesn't jump abnormally to take the shot (like Curry in the link you posted).

I think they will get Trae with the same call they gave for Curry.  The brake will get called as if he's moving abnormally backwards into the defender. 

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

hahah sorry I got super busy at work.  Marco posted the video already it looks like...  At 1 minute into the Curry video in that series of ref tweets, you can see Trae brake check and they use it as the example of still being a foul on the defender...

Thanks @marco102 !

"Busy"?  At "work"?

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e473t8o00sl49oqsaw1ue

Anyway, ol' jeffy comes through like a champ.  I've officially dropped the turd in the RgM punch bowl.

I'm girded and ready so that can only mean one thing ....

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e475bdr612xjersn6wpjs

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47488vgysydkjf18efu

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

@kg01 I need updates.  I don't have a RealGM account and honestly the one time I tried I couldn't navigate my way around that forum.

Yeah...don't go over there....I usually go over there to just post ....'NO, Hawks pass' on the many horrible trade ideas.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Refs under pressure.  New rule, the Trae rule, to be enforced on Trae.  But, if they only apply the rule to our PG, they will surely be called out right away.  NBA rules must apply to all NBA players.  

What this change means is, all those NBA players who have, for many years, operated this way will now find that it is against the Trae rule.  Refs must enforce the rule across all of the NBA.  As if they didn't already have enough to worry about, now they must force all these players to change or face the consequences.

😜

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

But he almost never moves backward into the defender when he's "brake checking".  Trae goes straight up and just takes the contact.

Trae should use these early games to see exactly what he can do ( or get away with ).  He needs a clear understanding on what will be called a foul, and what will not.  After he makes that determination, he'll make the adjustment and be even more lethal.

One thing about Trae, he is NOT afraid to take the hit.  And if he takes the hit and doesn't get the call, Nate and Tony better be ready to speak out against the lack of calls their superstar is getting.  Take that fine, but make sure everyone hears your frustration as to how the game is being called against Trae.

I agree.. I just know that there's a different mode of action that these refs take in different spots.   They will call things in the playoffs that they didn't call in the regular season.   I see the Trae Rules as being rules for the post season to keep teams like ours in check.  They don't want us in the finals.  Do you know how scared they were when we beat Mil in game 1?  The League had to think about if it could recover from an Atlanta/Phoenix finals. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, hazer said:

Guess we can put that nonsense to rest 😑

I deliberately didn’t read this thread waiting for that 1st real-life call to post. Aaaaand, we can now close that book and abandon this one 🙌

• Haha 2