• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Predictions Thread 2021-22

AHF

• Moderators
16 hours ago, sillent said:

4 - How many Hawks will make the end of the season All-Rookie team and who makes it? Possibly none although they both should qualify 

I am recording this as a "none" prediction unless you want to flag one or both for first or second team All-Rookie.

@sillent

• Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 10:37 AM, AHF said:

I am recording this as a "none" prediction unless you want to flag one or both for first or second team All-Rookie.

@sillent

You can keep it as none although I'm sure we'll all be disappointed from that being the case. Meaning JJ/Cooper may be snubbed for whatever reason.

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, sillent said:

You can keep it as none although I'm sure we'll all be disappointed from that being the case. Meaning JJ/Cooper may be snubbed for whatever reason.

That is the type of prediction you root to miss on.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 10/16/2021 at 2:31 PM, AHF said:

5 - Rank these players by best 3pt% from highest to lowest:  Gallo, Bogi, Trae, Kev, JC.

Right now Bogi is running away with it at 41.7 %, followed closely by Gallo at 41.2%.

JC at 30.0%, Trae at 27.9% with Kev lagging and bringing up the rear at 22.7%

🤢

• Sad 2

15 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Right now Bogi is running away with it at 41.7 %, followed closely by Gallo at 41.2%.

JC at 30.0%, Trae at 27.9% with Kev lagging and bringing up the rear at 22.7%

🤢

Shooting is a streaky stat over any 10 game period.  It should all level out over the course of a season.  But if we don't make an adjustment to the offense, it could definitely stay lower across the board this year.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, sturt said:

Here's a Zach Lowe prediction that's worth savoring... I think this kind of talk by national writers is incredibly helpful, not that they intend it that way, of course...

2022-02-04_16-17-27.png

I should hope not, we just beat a 41-9, now 10 team, the best in the league. I understand how some can see Ben as having the better basketball individual talent but this is a team game and sometimes it’s more about knowing roles on a team rather than strictly putting the most TALENT on the floor.

Bogi, Gallo… I dunno they got some flair and they do it at clutch times which is useful in the playoffs.

I agree with the writer here and said it myself a month or so ago, if we get hot nobody is going to want to play us.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member
On 10/16/2021 at 2:31 PM, AHF said:

5 - Rank these players by best 3pt% from highest to lowest:  Gallo, Bogi, Trae, Kev, JC.

With 1 game left, current 3pt % standings:

1. Huerter - 38.8%

2. Trae - 38.0%

3. Gallo - 37.1%

4. Bogi - 36.7%

5. Collins - 36.4%

No one picked Kevin to win

No one picked Trae 2nd.

Damn....most of us had no faith in Trae and him improving his 3 point percentages 🥴...had him coming in last....glad we were all so wrong. 😁

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

1. Huerter - 38.8%

2. Trae - 38.0%

3. Gallo - 37.1%

4. Bogi - 36.7%

5. Collins - 36.4%

No one picked Trae 2nd.

Damn....most of us had no faith in Trae and him improving his 3 point percentages 🥴...had him coming in last....glad we were all so wrong. 😁

It’s pretty astounding that Trae further distanced himself from the rest of our roster.  With his volume of shots, you’d think a couple guys who mostly take wide open 3’s would have a better %.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shakes said:

love a thread where EVERYONE looks stupid 🤣

So glad I didn't notice this in October.  No receipts for me!

Haha, I'm even worse.  I knew about this thread the whole time and purposely waited on the sidelines so I can point, laugh, and brow-beat my fellow man.

Does that make me a bad person?  Probably, yes.  Am I sad about that?  Nope.  Will I be pullin' receipts....

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47qgyfjrmvz8p94325b8

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/18/2021 at 6:23 PM, sillent said:

I thought for sure we did this already but...

1 - What is your prediction for the Hawks 82 game record? 60 Wins

2 - How many All-Stars will the Hawks have this year and secondarily who makes it? Trae, JC, CC ( I wouldn't be surprised if Hunter and Bogi made it either but it might be harder for the wings).

3 - Rank the following players by who will play the most total minutes (so list all 4 in order from most minutes to least and that is total minutes not minutes per game):  Lou Williams, Jalen Johnson, Solomon Hill Sharife Cooper (just for minutes not impact)

4 - How many Hawks will make the end of the season All-Rookie team and who makes it? Possibly none although they both should qualify 

5 - Rank these players by best 3pt% from highest to lowest:  BogiJC, Gallo, Trae, Kev. (Tough one but I think usage rate will put them in this order.) I also think Hunter will be high on this list.

It was a weird yr 😆 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

With 1 game left and Hawks currently at 42-39....Grandpa Gray is the closest.

Wise gramps :smile:

12 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So close, but we dropped winnable games to some of the worse teams.

We get tomorrow it’s 18-12, I’ll take it! Beggars can’t be choosers! Let’s go!

btw, what are the tie breakers will the Hawks, Hornets, Nets and Cavs. I means I know the latter are a game up on the former but what if it’s a 4 way tie? 

The dust is settling. The Bulls are trash as most of us predicted and the Cavs played over their heads the first few months and reality hit them hard, plus injuries but everyone had those.

ps Some guy walked into the NBA store and just blurts out:

AYE, YA’LL GOT ANY MO GARLAND JERSEYS? :laugh1:

• Premium Member
On 4/9/2022 at 11:35 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

1. Huerter - 38.8%

2. Trae - 38.0%

3. Gallo - 37.1%

4. Bogi - 36.7%

5. Collins - 36.4%

No one picked Trae 2nd.

Huerter wins the 3pt crown with 38.9% with Trae a very close 2nd at 38.1%