• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks sign Kevin Huerter to a 4 year, $65 Million contract extension

ATLHawks3

25 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I think of Booker and Trae's impact as pretty equal. 

Ugh! I don’t even know you anymore! Weren’t you the one that wanted Trae in 2018 in the draft, of course you were and now you hit me with that! 

• Haha 3

• Moderators
Just now, Spud2nique said:

Ugh! I don’t even know you anymore! Weren’t you the one that wanted Trae in 2018 in the draft, of course you were and now you hit me with that! 

What are you saying?   Yeah that was me and you selectively edited my quote.   Yeah i think Trae's impact is much larger actually but since Book went to the finals i gave him the benefit of the doubt. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Lol ok tell me which parts you don’t mean when you are writing them so I’ll ignore them next time. :indifferent: You wrote it guy. I just responded.

Hey why you jumping on me?   I'm just passing the next 3 hours until the Braves start.   I'm one of the few Trae guys from the draft.  If it were up to you we'd be stuck with Luka.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I love Booker.   I think of Booker and Trae's impact as pretty equal.  Trae may actually have more of an impact given his passing.  

Yeah Paul was pretty amazing and Middleton was great for the Bucks.   But those weren't guys you considered to be stars coming together to title chase like Bron/Ray/Bosh.   

I just look at it as if Giannis + Jrue/Middleton/Lopez is a contender and Booker plus CP40/Bridges/Ayton is a contender then Trae + Bogi/Hunter/JC/Capela could be a contender.   Especially with good young depth.  

But we'll see.  I definitely could be overestimating our guys.

Trae definitely  has a higher impact than Booker and it isn't close, imo.  To throw out a few quantifiable metrics:

Trae v Booker

Career WS/48: .116 v .078

Career High WS/48: .163  v .143

Career PER: 21.0 v 17.4

Career High PER:  23.6 v 20.6

Career BPM:  2.2 v -0.1

VORP/season:  2.3 v 1.07

None of those are particularly close.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

I would 100% take the Hawk's supporting cast over the Buck's supporting cast.

That’s tough.  Didn’t they just beat us head to head?  The series ended with the Bucks supporting cast winning.  So what is your rationale?

Honestly Jrue and Middleton surprised me.  I thought we would win easily with Giannis out.

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I'm just passing the next 3 hours until the Braves start. 

I’m ready, got the 🧢 (not that cap @capstone21) the Albies jersey, the Joc pearls (don’t ask, no not real, Halloween store 🏬) and this tool I found in the garage that looks like a tomahawk. My neighbors here are 👀 strangely. My girlfriend is asking me to “ be careful”.. 

LETS GO BRAVES!!!!!!!

Where is @kg01 today damn he missed you calling Booker equal to Trae. 🤭 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

That’s tough.  Didn’t they just beat us head to head?  The series ended with the Bucks supporting cast winning.  So what is your rationale?

Honestly Jrue and Middleton surprised me.  I thought we would win easily with Giannis out.

So Bogie really wasn't injured.  Hunter played right?  Was D. Wright on that team?  So to answer your question,  No they didn't beat our supporting cast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

So Bogie really wasn't injured.  Hunter played right?  Was D. Wright on that team?  So to answer your question,  No they didn't beat our supporting cast.

No team is at full strength at that point of the season.  It's a different question if you ask which supporting cast you like to build from, I would take ours.  I have to give Milwaukee the edge in a head to head match up today.  It was humbling to watch them take us down, even with Cam having the best game of his life.  Jrue and Middleton showed up to close out that series.  I believed in their big 3 after that and the win against Phoenix.  

For me:
GIannis>Trae
Milwaukee supporting cast>Hawks supporting cast

No shame in this.  They are the world champs.  We can prove differently on the court, not with preseason hype and talk.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

For me:
GIannis>Trae
Milwaukee supporting cast>Hawks supporting cast

I'll make a mental note then... To you Dre is not a difference maker on this team therefore Huerter=Hunter.

Heck what am I talking about.  Solo played a lot of minutes in those so I should be equating Hunter to Hill if you are basing your opinion on last year's playoff series

• Like 1