Hawks sign Kevin Huerter to a 4 year, $65 Million contract extension

ATLHawks3

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So Divncenzo = Hunter!  Got it.  Is he even better than Pat Cunnaugton

Your the one focused on the injured players.  Khris Middleton scored 20 in a 4th quarter and 38 in that game.    The Bucks have a cast that wins you a title.  They have an accolade to backup this assertion.  
Why focus on who is better between Hunter and Divincenzo.  Has Hunter had a playoff game like Middleton?  Jrue and Middleton are better.  

• Premium Member
On 10/19/2021 at 7:43 PM, Final_quest said:

Your the one focused on the injured players.  Khris Middleton scored 20 in a 4th quarter and 38 in that game.    The Bucks have a cast that wins you a title.  They have an accolade to backup this assertion.  
Why focus on who is better between Hunter and Divincenzo.  Has Hunter had a playoff game like Middleton?  Jrue and Middleton are better.  

Because Hunter is our best defensive wing?  So maybe just maybe Kris Middleton would not have score on Hunter as easily as he did on Bogie?  Starting to make sense for you now?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Because Hunter is our best defensive wing?  So maybe just maybe Kris Middle would not have score on Hunter as easily as he did on Bogie?  Starting to make sense for you now?

I guess you can do this every season.  Let’s pick your brain on who the actual champion is every year while accounting for role players who got injured but might have made the difference.   So the Bucks title should have an asterisk because the great 2nd year player Deandre Hunter got injured? 

• Premium Member
23 hours ago, Final_quest said:

I guess you can do this every season.  Let’s pick your brain on who the actual champion is every year while accounting for role players who got injured but might have made the difference.   So the Bucks title should have an asterisk because the great 2nd year player Deandre Hunter got injured? 

Nope just supporting my original statement that the Hawk's supporting cast is better this year than the Buck's supporting cast this year and it is like comparing apple's to oranges when evaluating the Hawks supporting cast in last year's conference final to this year's supporting cast which is something you want to do for some strange reason.

• Like 1

Nope just supporting my original statement that the Hawk'ss supporting cast is better this year than the Buck's supporting cast this year and it is like comparing apple's to oranges when evaluating the Hawks supporting cast in last year's conference final to this year's supporting cast which is something you want to do for some strange reason.

Nothing strange about it.  They happened to play against each other and we lost.  World champions are the better team.  You can dream and imagine otherwise, but that is wishful thinking and being a sore loser.  
What are the major accolades of our supporting cast vs theirs?  No all star games, no titles, no Olympic medals.  But because you can fantasize about Hunter shutting their squad down I should just take your word on it.  

By the way, what was our team record with and without Hunter?  If he is the world champ stopper, why was our record better without him?

You have an opinion.  No results.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Final_quest said:

Nothing strange about it.  They happened to play against each other and we lost.  World champions are the better team.  You can dream and imagine otherwise, but that is wishful thinking and being a sore loser.  
What are the major accolades of our supporting cast vs theirs?  No all star games, no titles, no Olympic medals.  But because you can fantasize about Hunter shutting their squad down I should just take your word on it.  

By the way, what was our team record with and without Hunter?  If he is the world champ stopper, why was our record better without him?

You have an opinion.  No results.

I get it...You don't think Hunter is a difference maker

I get it...You don't think Hunter is a difference maker

He doesn’t make us world champs.  We are more likely to be competitive contenders.  You need all stars and all NBA players on your supporting cast to win titles.  He makes impact, but not on the level of Jrue or Middleton.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 10:04 AM, Final_quest said:

I agree.  We have to be ready to strike and bring in another superstar when the opportunity arises.  

My main concern for our team is if we are on the Memphis Grizzlies trajectory from years ago.  A young team makes the conference finals unexpectedly, keeps the core in tact, and never reaches the same level again.  Or maybe it's like the current Boston team that didn't make the right moves with the assets and capspace they had.  Capspace is out the window for us right now.  

Still, I think this is one of the best cores we have ever had, maybe the best?  You at least have to go back to the Smitty, Mookie, Mutumbo team.  I would definitely put this ahead of Bibby, Horford, JJ, and Josh Smith teams.  

I should just enjoy the moment for now.

IMHO, this core has already done more than the Smith/Mookie teams and hasn't played together enough due to injuries. Case in point, would Ty Corbin or Alan Henderson even make this roster? 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Dejay said:

Case in point, would Ty Corbin or Alan Henderson even make this roster? 

They’d give Solo one hell of a run for his money! Corbin was a bit older but always a glue guy I liked him. And Dr. Alan Henderson the Bobby Knight whoopin boy was a really good rebounder. Solid 10 and 7 a night.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
On 10/19/2021 at 8:35 PM, Final_quest said:

He doesn’t make us world champs.  We are more likely to be competitive contenders.  You need all stars and all NBA players on your supporting cast to win titles.  He makes impact, but not on the level of Jrue or Middleton.

Someone will be eating some words soon or disappearing from the Squawk for a while

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Someone will be eating some words soon or disappearing from the Squawk for a while

Do as I say not as I do?  Look, I stand by my comments, although you pushed me to say it in a way I don't like.  Hunter is awesome, but if you look at winners of titles they often have 2 of the top 15 players in the league.  That's not Milwaukee, but they have the best player and two all stars.  Jrue has been considered one of the best two way players in the league for years.  Khris Middleton has averaged 23 points in 3 Eastern Conference Finals and 24 points in the finals.  
My point is I love our team and I love Deandre Hunter, but I don't know who on our supporting cast is the guy who will be Robin to Trae as Batman.  Which history suggests we need, and Middleton is one of the lowest tier 2nd best players on a championship team in a long time.  Normally it's guys like Anthony Davis, Klay Thompson, Dwayne Wade. I seem to be in the minority of people who wants a 2nd star, but it's out of a foundational belief that a championship requires one. 
Talk that Deandre Hunter in his 2nd year playing was gonna be that guy is crazy to me.  It sounds like a homer with Uncle Rico dreams imagining that we would have won state if they just let me play.  What Hunter did to Luka was insane and awesome, but let's watch a few more games.  It could be that Luka was extremely out of shape, and that Hunter will not shut down the best players in the league like that every night.  If Hunter can do that, he's way better than I thought.  
I would add that the best player on a championship team is usually a top 5 or even top 3 player in the league.  If we become champions this year or next we have taken a very unconventional path.  Perhaps this is a unique moment in the league where a team like ours can do it, though.  I'm open to that possibility.  

With all the talk of needing two or more all stars to compete for the title, remember this.  The Atlanta Hawks were tied for 3rd place in the NBA last season.  They had -0- all star players and their 2 best defenders were out with injuries for much of their series + Trae was injured.

:sun:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Kev need to recalibrate or something.  Or the Hawks need to revise that deal out this bit.  He’s given us virtually one game’s worth of FT attempts and steals.  One.  And I usually don’t sweat his fluctuating shooting but 5 for 25 from 3 is cause for considerable concern.

5 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Kev need to recalibrate or something.  Or the Hawks need to revise that deal out this bit.  He’s given us virtually one game’s worth of FT attempts and steals.  One.  And I usually don’t sweat his fluctuating shooting but 5 for 25 from 3 is cause for considerable concern.

Wow. 5 for 25, geez. That’s crazy for Kev, he’s a good shooter, bug slump here though hopefully he snaps out against the Warriors.

• Thanks 1