• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Mavericks at Hawks -- The Season Opener!

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

They actually mentioned that on the telecast. I think it was Brian Anderson saying the Hawks are one of the few teams that welcome the mid ranger when other teams are looking for layups and 3’s. 

Good eye as usual Bird! :approved:

Which is great because that's where you can get more looks in the playoffs, i.e Heurter torching the Sixers in game 7.  Threes and layups is great on spreadsheets and versus generic defenses you can pick apart, but when playoff basketball starts and the refs swallow their whistles every other game you need those middies to be failling

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

Which is great because that's where you can get more looks in the playoffs, i.e Heurter torching the Sixers in game 7.  Threes and layups is great on spreadsheets and versus generic defenses you can pick apart, but when playoff basketball starts and the refs swallow their whistles every other game you need those middies to be failling

copy cat!

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

And that is a good thing because that is the shot you get the most in the playoffs and we have great mid-range shooters.

🤓

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, marco102 said:

And that is a good thing because that is the shot you get the most in the playoffs and we have great mid-range shooters.

Agreed. Living and dying by the 3ptr is not ideal and is the reason the offense stalls at times. The mid range is always there. Scoring 2 points per possession and then playing good defense has won plenty of NBA Championships.

• Like 2