• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

22 hours ago, kg01 said:

Oof ...

Haha, talk about shots fired.

I knew there was a reason I was always in on this kid.  Right, @Spud2nique and @marco102?

I mean, I was always a huge fan of this kid.  Always.  Back me up on this, guise. 🤓

Love Antman.

He will forever be the one that got away. 

His personality is like a modern day Charles Barkley lol

His fire next to Ice cold Trae would be the best show in the NBA. 2 killers. Neither afraid or anything. Would be a lot of highlights and viral moments.

• Like 2

Oh Rondo...what have you gone and gotten yourself into now. 

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/33930061/woman-granted-emergency-protective-order-rajon-rondo-alleges-cleveland-cavaliers-point-guard-threatened-gun

In it, she alleged that Rondo and a child were playing video games Wednesday when she asked the child to separate laundry. Rondo reacted angrily, according to the woman, ripping the game console out of the wall and smashing several items in the house, leaving the boy and another child there upset.

The woman alleges that Rondo said to her "you're dead" before leaving the house, only to return shortly thereafter, this time with a gun and demanding to see one of the children. The woman said she grew scared of the situation, so she brought the child downstairs, and Rondo pulled the child outside, allegedly while still holding the gun, while he yelled at him. He then demanded to see the other child, too, and she also came outside, as Rondo yelled at both of them for being afraid of him, the woman alleged.

15 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Oh Rondo...what have you gone and gotten yourself into now. 

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/33930061/woman-granted-emergency-protective-order-rajon-rondo-alleges-cleveland-cavaliers-point-guard-threatened-gun

In it, she alleged that Rondo and a child were playing video games Wednesday when she asked the child to separate laundry. Rondo reacted angrily, according to the woman, ripping the game console out of the wall and smashing several items in the house, leaving the boy and another child there upset.

The woman alleges that Rondo said to her "you're dead" before leaving the house, only to return shortly thereafter, this time with a gun and demanding to see one of the children. The woman said she grew scared of the situation, so she brought the child downstairs, and Rondo pulled the child outside, allegedly while still holding the gun, while he yelled at him. He then demanded to see the other child, too, and she also came outside, as Rondo yelled at both of them for being afraid of him, the woman alleged.

That's crazy. He's going to jail for child endangerment if that's true. 

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

As well he should (if true).  I hate seeing parents intimidating kids just because they can.  That's potentially damaging on so many levels.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

As well he should (if true).  I hate seeing parents intimidating kids just because they can.  That's potentially damaging on so many levels.

yes to both, but as in all things - let's wait for the facts of the case from both sides.  

Rashaun Holmes was in a similar circumstance not to long ago accused of 'beating up his son' - two courts have now awarded him sole legal custody of the child.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

yes to both, but as in all things - let's wait for the facts of the case from both sides.  

Rashaun Holmes was in a similar circumstance not to long ago accused of 'beating up his son' - two courts have now awarded him sole legal custody of the child.

Which is why I said if true.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The media doesn't believe in innocent until proven guilty unfortunately. 

Just now, bleachkit said:

The media doesn't believe in innocent until proven guilty unfortunately. 

No where in the article did it say he was guilty. 

What people get upset about is simple reporting.  The facts are this is what she alleged happen.  Now we wait for the legal system to play itself out. 

We should never not want the media to report what's happening.  The problem with our society is the opinion shows get more coverage than the actual news and people take those opinions, on both sides, as news and get in their feelings. 

My opinion now of Rondo hasn't changed because the legal system hasn't played out.  If he's convicted of this, it definitely will.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, marco102 said:

No where in the article did it say he was guilty. 

What people get upset about is simple reporting.  The facts are this is what she alleged happen.  Now we wait for the legal system to play itself out. 

We should never not want the media to report what's happening.  The problem with our society is the opinion shows get more coverage than the actual news and people take those opinions, on both sides, as news and get in their feelings. 

My opinion now of Rondo hasn't changed because the legal system hasn't played out.  If he's convicted of this, it definitely will.

Yes. But there is a tendency for a rush to judgement. Maybe not from by the book reporters, but sports talk radio, editorialists, opinionators, etc. 

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Yes. But there is a tendency for a rush to judgement. Maybe not from by the book reporters, but sports talk radio, editorialists, opinionators, etc. 

But we, as reasonable adults, don't have to accept their crap.  We can simply speak of news without making leaps, just as @marco102 points out.

We shouldn't toss all "media" out with the trash.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

But we, as reasonable adults, don't have to accept their crap.  We can simply speak of news without making leaps, just as @marco102 points out.

We shouldn't toss all "media" out with the trash.

Ok my apologies. I didn't mean to impugn many of our fine media members and journalists.

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

My opinion of Rondo hasn't changed.  I still don't like him and really tire of hearing him run his mouth and think he absolutely sucked for the Hawks. 

We share the same opinion as it currently stands.  😂

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

My opinion of Rondo hasn't changed.  I still don't like him and really tire of hearing him run his mouth and think he absolutely sucked for the Hawks. 

EcstaticResponsibleArmedcrab-max-1mb.gif

• Haha 1

I know few watch ESPN here, but did anyone catch the debate between JJ Redick and Pat Beverly over giving James Harden a 4 year max? Pat Beverly actually believes that James Harden should get a 4 year max deal that would pay him north of 60 million at age 37. It's incredible how many players are completely not objective about their peers. Hopefully no team ever offers Pat Bev a job in their front office, good god. 

• Haha 2