• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

19 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I'd take Alex Caruso over Delon Wright seven days a week. We already know Spud doesn't like non Hawk White players, so nothing new there.  

I rock with Caruso as well but taking him over Wright would be in error:

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_finder.cgi?player_id2=wrighde01&player_id1=carusal01&sum=0&request=1

Wright is superior in almost every category while Caruso has played with a far better collection of talent through their short careers.

Wright has been holding down the third best net rating behind Clint and John all season.  His team and floor IQ are extremely high.  He almost has a Jimmy Butler-like cadence to his game.

He’s sixth in defensive plays per foul, ahead of Jimmy Butler and Matisse Thybulle.  He’s fifth in assist to turnover ratio, ahead of names like Chris Paul, TJ McConnell, and DeJounte Murray.  I’m in the huge minority but I love his game.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

I rock with Caruso as well but taking him over Wright would be in error:

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_finder.cgi?player_id2=wrighde01&player_id1=carusal01&sum=0&request=1

Wright is superior in almost every category while Caruso has played with a far better collection of talent through their short careers.

Wright has been holding down the third best net rating behind Clint and John all season.  His team and floor IQ are extremely high.  He almost has a Jimmy Butler-like cadence to his game.

He’s sixth in defensive plays per foul, ahead of Jimmy Butler and Matisse Thybulle.  He’s fifth in assist to turnover ratio, ahead of names like Chris Paul, TJ McConnell, and DeJounte Murray.  I’m in the huge minority but I love his game.

You would take Wright over Caruso? I bet not a single GM in the NBA would take Wright over Caruso, especially  with the tremendous defense Caruso has been playing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

You would take Wright over Caruso? I bet not a single GM in the NBA would take Wright over Caruso, especially  with the tremendous defense Caruso has been playing. 

I agree with this 100%. Caruso has been amazing for the Bulls. I would kill to have him on the Hawks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, marco102 said:

I hope the rest of the team is negative and these fellas are asymptomatic. 

This is a huge boost for the Hawks, but will still be a rough game on Sunday.

Breakout game for Ish Smith, Oubre, etc.... incoming.....lol.. Hawks and Falcons never dissappoint when it comes to making role players and backups look like Stars.....

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Cavs are legit...Have they surpassed us in 1 offseason by adding  Allen, Mobley,  Lauri and Rubio?  Garland has improved a lot also..Too bad they lost Sexton...

Edited by terrell

• Moderators
16 hours ago, terrell said:

The Cavs are legit...Have they surpassed us in 1 offseason by adding  Allen, Mobley,  Lauri and Rubio?  Garland has improved a lot also..Too bad they lost Sexton...

Yeah they are good but they haven't past us other than the us that is missing Bogi, Hunter, Cam, and OO.   

On 12/4/2021 at 11:54 AM, bleachkit said:

I didn’t even pay attention to this season just the careers.  Caruso has been killing it this season the defensive stats jump off the page.

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, terrell said:

No?  We literally just made the ECF and actually won two games.  Now we're dealing with very typical regular season ups and downs, and you want to talk like we're the worst team in the east and cannot win anything.  We're fine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

No?  We literally just made the ECF and actually won two games.  Now we're dealing with very typical regular season ups and downs, and you want to talk like we're the worst team in the east and cannot win anything.  We're fine.

The Hawks are better as far as rebuilds. Cleveland is legit good though. 

The Hawks have to start playing better defense.  That's where Cleveland is better than Atlanta right now. 

Trae's effort is much improved, but it's like our philosophy is to funnel to Capela and not be aggressive on the ball. I'd prefer both. 

• Like 3

Trae net rating standing at +2, the team’s net rating also at +2.  That’s the best I could ask for seeing how the team is going through a rash of injuries for the second year running.

I’m not tripping because the point differential was only +2.4 last season.  I was really looking forward to it being around +5 at this point of the season but as long as it rounds into form in late March I’m Coolio.  

I’m loving the 20th ranked pace and 2nd ranked offense but combined with a 26th ranked defense that usually locks you out of the playoffs.  Cam, OO, and Dre gonna have to hit the ground running on that end to make up ground.  Perimeter D leaking like an oil spill.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Trae net rating standing at +2, the team’s net rating also at +2.  That’s the best I could ask for seeing how the team is going through a rash of injuries for the second year running.

I’m not tripping because the point differential was only +2.4 last season.  I was really looking forward to it being around +5 at this point of the season but as long as it rounds into form in late March I’m Coolio.  I’m loving the 20th ranked pace and 2nd ranked offense but combined with a 26th ranked defense that usually locks you out of the playoffs.  Cam, OO, and Dre gonna have to hit the ground running on that end to make up ground.

Agree with this 100%, we've fallen on the wrong side of a few close games and most of our issues can be shored up with health.  Schlenk has done a great job with the roster.  We could be 15-9 right now with the same net rating if a few things go differently in a few close games. 

I'm putting my chips down on us looking like a new team when OO gets back.  He has a crazy motor, amazing defensive instincts, and can guard almost anybody.  His touch around the rim is very good, ungodly good when compared to what we're getting from Cap right now.  Our wings will speak for themselves but I think a lot of people are sleeping on how good OO can be.

• Like 3