• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is surprising for a few reasons.  Is this just +/- data based on activity while on the court?  Collins has been really nice so far on offense so I'm surprised to see him at negative points added.  Cam being a negative on defense is interesting too.  Curious about how this is being calculated.  It's weird because you naturally compare players on the graph but it's a bit of apples to oranges comparisons because some of these guys are playing against the other teams starters and some are playing against the 2nd units.  

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

This is surprising for a few reasons.  Is this just +/- data based on activity while on the court?  Collins has been really nice so far on offense so I'm surprised to see him at negative points added.  Cam being a negative on defense is interesting too.  Curious about how this is being calculated.  It's weird because you naturally compare players on the graph but it's a bit of apples to oranges comparisons because some of these guys are playing against the other teams starters and some are playing against the 2nd units.  

tenor.gif?itemid=10774777

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Who Knew Tyler was the Herro to bring Trae and Luka stans together.

They are so off base it isn't even funny at this point.

Look, Tyler has game, nobody is denying that. He can hoop, he has heart, toughness, etc... 

But there are levels to this. They are saying that if he was on a worse team he would be doing what Luka and Trae did. No sir. Haslem acts like these guys just ball out because they are the best player on the team, and doesn't account for the fact that they attract so much attention from opposing defenses that a guy like Herro would not be able to get the same clean looks he gets as a 3rd/4th option. Luka gets the best defender every night. Trae get's blitzed and trapped more than any other player. You think Herro could survive that kind of attention and still put up the crazy stat lines that Luka and Trae do? Hell no.

Talk to me when Herro is the primary ballhandler and shot creator for his team. When there is no Jimmy or Bam around. When teams are gameplanning for him night in and out.

There are levels to this. Herro is more on par with Dre or RJ at best.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32486988/jj-redick-joining-espn-nba-analyst-following-15-year-career

Redick will make his debut as a studio analyst on Nov. 3 during the game between the Brooklyn Nets and Atlanta Hawks. Besides contributing to many of ESPN's studio shows, Redick will also be an analyst on some games this season.

After hating JJ at Duke and listening to him on his podcast, I've really come to like JJ. Hopefully, he continues to bring the insight and not become an espn talking point for the big markets. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, marco102 said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32486988/jj-redick-joining-espn-nba-analyst-following-15-year-career

After hating JJ at Duke and listening to him on his podcast, I've really come to like JJ. Hopefully, he continues to bring the insight and not become an espn talking point for the big markets. 

Lol, this is a weird thread to post this under, but congrats to JJ.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Lol, this is a weird thread to post this under, but congrats to JJ.

LMAO...you are so right.  Thought I was posting it in another thread.

@AHF or @lethalweapon3 can you move this to the

• 2021-2022 POST/IN- BETWEEN GAME THREAD: THOUGHTS, UPDATES, TIDBITS ETC.

thread? 

Edited by marco102
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

It took so much courage for me to read that and not spontaneously combust ...

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47pccgks0xrsopk5puko9

What's next?  We gonna give friggin (can't)Dunkan Robinson some Klay vibes 'cause he "been to the Finals before them boys"?  Wake me up when that guy, talented as he may be, sniffs as high as 3rd on opposing teams' scouting reports.

As of right now, he's somewhere between "oh yeah, and somebody keep an eye on that .... you know that guy that was mean-muggin' literally nobody while they were in the bubble" and ".... wait who's their backup 2?" during opponents' film sessions.

Oh wait, he did get elevated on teams' scouting reports just this past season for the first time.  How'd that go for 'im, U-D?  Yeah, his highlight for the season was knockin' up some IG model(sic) and ... oh yeah, issa blessin', issa blessin' ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47ki0j7x92shamlxgcr8

Actually, yeah, he is on that level.  Go 'head and pay the guy that hun'dred seventy million then.  Your thoughts, Pat Riley ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e477ufo5bzg4c60r7qvgx

Thought so.  Meanwhile can we finally, for the love of all that good and (un)holy, do the right thing with U-D  ..

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47vorn3vlmjqlib1r3b5

You're welcome.

delicious-mmm.gif

There's that Miami Heat hate I've come to know and love. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It took so much courage for me to read that and not spontaneously combust ...

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47pccgks0xrsopk5puko9

What's next?  We gonna give friggin (can't)Dunkan Robinson some Klay vibes 'cause he "been to the Finals before them boys"?  Wake me up when that guy, talented as he may be, sniffs as high as 3rd on opposing teams' scouting reports.

As of right now, he's somewhere between "oh yeah, and somebody keep an eye on that .... you know that guy that was mean-muggin' literally nobody while they were in the bubble" and ".... wait who's their backup 2?" during opponents' film sessions.

Oh wait, he did get elevated on teams' scouting reports just this past season for the first time.  How'd that go for 'im, U-D?  Yeah, his highlight for the season was knockin' up some IG model(sic) and ... oh yeah, issa blessin', issa blessin' ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47ki0j7x92shamlxgcr8

Actually, yeah, he is on that level.  Go 'head and pay the guy that hun'dred seventy million then.  Your thoughts, Pat Riley ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e477ufo5bzg4c60r7qvgx

Thought so.  Meanwhile can we finally, for the love of all that good and (un)holy, do the right thing with U-D  ..

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47vorn3vlmjqlib1r3b5

You're welcome.

Lol. Whose the yeah umm gif 👧? Hot!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, marco102 said:

delicious-mmm.gif

There's that Miami Heat hate I've come to know and love. 

Listen, just like it's not paranoia if it turns out you're right.  It ain't hatin if it's ....

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47qlye3rbxgv09ndaps9

11 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Lol. Whose the yeah umm gif 👧? Hot!

Yeah.  I don't know who that is.  Pretty sure it's from the bachelor or bachlorette or one-a them shows.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2