• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Any thoughts on what we could have done better?

Not miss so many wide-open looks. I'd love to see the advanced metrics on where the Hawks missed tonight. The eye test suggests to me that they had more than enough good looks to win.

Relatedly, free throws--both not getting them and not making them. Not too many teams will win games with only 9 made free throws. Folks can blame the refs all they want, but we didn't attack the rim nearly enough, and if you remove Trae, we were only 2 for 8 from the line.

Banking your offense on jump shots and then missing them is an easy way to lose.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Carmine said:

Losing to a trash team on a b2b, I cant...

The Cavs are far from a trash team.  Rubio gives them legit PG play, something Sexton really isn't.  

The Cavs actually have a little bit of a dilemma.  They have 2 smallish PGs who can score the basketball, who aren't really PGs.  They're both more in the mold of Jordan Clarkson as scoring guards.  Okoro gives them the ability to stay big at the 2, and gives them a big time defensive presence.  Rubio at 6 - 5, and also a good defender, helps them on that end of the floor as well.

When Garland comes back, it'll be interesting to see Bickerstaff uses him. He'd be crazy to start both Sexton and Garland.  Rubio needs to start and Garland or Sexton needs to come off the bench to provide the scoring pop.  And whomever comes off the bench needs to understand that it's for the good of the team.

I'm not saying that the Cavs are going to make the playoffs. But they're nowhere near as bad as they were last season. They've added the right pieces.

• Like 2

Cavs couldn't miss.  Hawks couldn't hit.  Lost our 5th straight game in Cleveland.

Left 6 points on the free throw line.  Lost the game by 6.  We sure were on the short end of the foul calls.

Two down.  80 more to go!!  Rubio!  Dang, he had a great game...

:cry:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Cavs couldn't miss.  Hawks couldn't hit.  Lost our 5th straight game in Cleveland.

Left 6 points on the free throw line.  Lost the game by 6.  We sure were on the short end of the foul calls.

Two down.  80 more to go!!  Rubio!  Dang, he had a great game...

:cry:

They missed a ton. They only shot 41% as a team and 25% from 3. We were just worse. 38% as a team and 29% from 3

27 FTs to our 15 definitely helped as well

Edited by Cwell
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, niremetal said:

Not miss so many wide-open looks. I'd love to see the advanced metrics on where the Hawks missed tonight. The eye test suggests to me that they had more than enough good looks to win.

Relatedly, free throws--both not getting them and not making them. Not too many teams will win games with only 9 made free throws. Folks can blame the refs all they want, but we didn't attack the rim nearly enough, and if you remove Trae, we were only 2 for 8 from the line.

Banking your offense on jump shots and then missing them is an easy way to lose.

A lot of missed 3s on the left side of the court.

https://www.espn.com/nba/playbyplay/_/gameId/401359851

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The Cavs are far from a trash team.  Rubio gives them legit PG play, something Sexton really isn't.  

The Cavs actually have a little bit of a dilemma.  They have 2 smallish PGs who can score the basketball, who aren't really PGs.  They're both more in the mold of Jordan Clarkson as scoring guards.  Okoro gives them the ability to stay big at the 2, and gives them a big time defensive presence.  Rubio at 6 - 5, and also a good defender, helps them on that end of the floor as well.

When Garland comes back, it'll be interesting to see Bickerstaff uses him. He'd be crazy to start both Sexton and Garland.  Rubio needs to start and Garland or Sexton needs to come off the bench to provide the scoring pop.  And whomever comes off the bench needs to understand that it's for the good of the team.

I'm not saying that the Cavs are going to make the playoffs. But they're nowhere near as bad as they were last season. They've added the right pieces.

I mean they're clearly competent when they face us but in the grand scheme of things not a good team. If the Kings didn't exist this would be the worst organization in the NBA. I give the Hawks some leeway because refs skewed the game but outside of Cam, piss-poor all around.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, marco102 said:

Yes, I'm watching on Bally. If you can't get it I can give you a link to watch on your computer or phone.

I have a samsung smart tv and it has a browser I can use.

Feel free to send me a link for Monday's game. I have Direct tv stream because it is the ONLY streaming service to have Bally sports on it. It did not ever show the game. I wasted an hour on the phone until their rep realized that DIRECT TV is having blackout issues and I NEVER got to see the game on the service I pay for. Someone sent me a link I was able to use but not sure if it will work for next game on Monday.

• Like 1