• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who is the better dunker? JC or..

Spud2nique

Who is the better dunker.. JC or..  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Better Dunker

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/27/2022 at 09:49 AM

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, AHF said:

It is no slam on JC to say it is Kemp.

For those of us who watched Kemp in his day... (before Cleveland)....  We know that he was a manchild. A possessed Demon around the rim. 

You'd do better comparing JC to Early Amare.  Somebody said Smoove... but Smoove needed a clear lane.   JC doesn't. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

That's a better comp. I gotta say it's close, not sure. Smoove early on in his career was ridiculous though, might give him the nod. 

Amare...

Show me where Smoove dunk on people like JC and Amare does??

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I'm as big of a homer as you'll see, but can't go against the Rain Man, his in game dunks were up their with Niques who is widely regarded as the best in game dunker. 

As a Hawks fan that adopted the Sonics as my WC team, I take offense to your typo.  He is the Reign Man, sir.

And, after the Lister Blister (noted in the OP), I'm contractually obligated to never rate anyone higher as a dunker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Amare...

Show me where Smoove dunk on people like JC and Amare does??

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

As a Hawks fan that adopted the Sonics as my WC team, I take offense to your typo.  He is the Reign Man, sir.

And, after the Lister Blister (noted in the OP), I'm contractually obligated to never rate anyone higher as a dunker.

lol, I knew that was wrong! still typed it anyway.

• Like 2

In a dunk contest:

Kemp > Smoove > JC

In game:

Kemp > JC > Smoove

Kemp was otherworldly with his dunks and is always talked about when the conversation for best dunker of all time comes up. Smoove won a dunk contest and JC didn't, so Smoove gets second place there. But neither man is in the conversation for best of all time like Kemp is, JC still has time to pad his resume though.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Most of JC's best dunks are off of lobs.  His dunks are some of the best in today's game.

He's nowhere near Shawn Kemp.

#2 and #3 are really nice but I feel like a lot of his dunks are overrated just because he was so showboaty and created on-court drama.

It's subjective like anything else but I love watching explosive dunks from guys like Westbrook and DRose.  Rose would be an all-time dunker imo if his knees didn't crap out.  He had amazing dunks from ally-oops, steals, through traffic, one hand, two hand, etc.  And when a dude that's only 6'2" has his head grazing the rim it feels more impressive to me.