• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who is the better dunker? JC or..

Spud2nique

Who is the better dunker.. JC or..  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Better Dunker

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/27/2022 at 09:49 AM

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

If we talkin... Alltime best In-Game Dunkers....

With Kemp there.... 

Where do you put Nique and Dr. J and Chocolate Thunder Darryl Dawkins????

1) Nique

2) Kemp

3) Dr. J

4) Dawkins

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

1) Nique

2) Kemp

3) Dr. J

4) Dawkins

And Kemp is VERY CLOSE to Nique, when it comes to in-game dunks.

• Like 2

On 10/25/2021 at 7:58 PM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He's nowhere near Shawn Kemp.

I dunno man. Like I said, I respect old school ballers (maybe not the nickname as much.. :eyebrow: medium O..) but definitely their games.

I think JC is making it close. Look I loved Kemp. One of my fav non Hawks, but JC is really doing weird things to people out there. 

How many more of last night’s, last week, last season (vs Embiid) type dunks do we need before he can go toe to toe with Reign? 

Ps I haven’t voted 🗳 yet lol.

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m not putting this to bed just yet. Y’all acting like the media. Put some respect on JC name.

Tons of respect on JC's dunking ability.  You don't have to say he has shown himself to be better than Shawn Kemp to put respect on him.  JC is a strong rebounder but saying he isn't as good a rebounder as Rodman was isn't disrespecting him.  

People have been ranking him above Smoove, etc. and some other great dunkers on this thread.  That is high praise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Tons of respect on JC's dunking ability.  You don't have to say he has shown himself to be better than Shawn Kemp to put respect on him.  JC is a strong rebounder but saying he isn't as good a rebounder as Rodman was isn't disrespecting him.  

People have been ranking him above Smoove, etc. and some other great dunkers on this thread.  That is high praise.

10 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Would be nice to be able to review Kemp's dunks from just his first 240 games for comparison. Kind of hard to ask Collins 240 game portfolio to go up against Kemp's 1050 games.

Oh that’s nice, I like that. 

How many players posterize in today’s game better than JC or more often? That’s another thing that amazes me. 

Ant 🐜 Edwards in Minny is becoming one.

• Like 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Would be nice to be able to review Kemp's dunks from just his first 240 games for comparison. Kind of hard to ask Collins 240 game portfolio to go up against Kemp's 1050 games.

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Every dunk like his epic slam on Embiid will bolster that profile and his case.  That is the more he needs and at age 24, he has plenty of time to do it.  And the good news is that every dunk for the next 4 years (at a minimum) will be happening in a Hawks jersey.  :yes:

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

I don't think that will give you what you're looking for...

Kemp didn't know that there was a three point line until his 9th year.   What I'm saying is that Early Kemp was the one most likely to posterize people. 

3 hours ago, AHF said:

Hawks jersey.  :yes:

I might get that jersey to add to the Trae and Cam collection! I like Hunter and Okongwu too. I can’t do that many jersey’s, then there’s Huerter! 

I may have 10 more Hawks jersey’s by 2025 at this talent rate. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Diesel said:

What I'm saying is that Early Kemp was the one most likely to posterize people. 

89-95 I’d say. I think when they got to the finals vs the Bulls in 96 he was putting on weight (fat) and didn’t have AS much lift. 

Kemp 90-94 I’d say would be the most highlights. If I had to guess.

On 10/27/2021 at 1:41 PM, Spud2nique said:

Oh that’s nice, I like that. 

How many players posterize in today’s game better than JC or more often? That’s another thing that amazes me. 

Ant 🐜 Edwards in Minny is becoming one.

Had a Vince Carter tribute come up in my feed, and thought maybe he was the last great dunker. 

Glad we have Collins to remind us of the Jordan and Nique era.  But you're right about Ant, he is on the rise. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AHF said:

@Spud2nique Love that you are posting highlights over the course of the season.  This will be a fun thread to revisit.

Thanks. It works well when I watch the game on my phone. If it weren’t for the small screen I’d watch them all on here. :smile:

Ps I dunno maybe JC isn’t the dunker Kemp was but he’s been relatively the closest thing I’ve seen to Kemp. Can’t think of other PF’s or players within the last 20 years that were this acrobatic and athletic. I know I know, Smoove, I’d take JC though with more in game dunks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1