• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who is the better dunker? JC or..

Spud2nique

Who is the better dunker.. JC or..  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Better Dunker

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/27/2022 at 09:49 AM

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

No JC Kemp dunks tonight but he showed  his rook how to pull up the shorts and tuck in. :sarcastic:

233A7CA4-92AE-42DF-B485-ECB4035A30FC.jpeg

Do any of you remember a similar instance of vet to rook lessons in a game with Smoove and Willis. I remember Smoove was goofing off during a timeout and Willis shoved his head in it. :laugh1:

Ahhh the good ole days of 2004.

As great of a dunker as Johnny is now I lament what he lost without the roids.  His dunk percentage was a whopping .273 as a rookie.  Dunking through, over, and around most Bigs.  Been dropping precipitously ever since, now at just .159 this season.  My man lost a legit 3, 4 inches off the vert.  Now he’s getting fouled and adjusting mid-air for lay-ups.

I’m partial to the guards as far as in-game dunks.  Kobe, Mike, Wade, DeRozan (who is playing “PF” now wtf). Gerald Green still holds the title for best in game dunk I’ve seen. 

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, benhillboy said:

As great of a dunker as Johnny is now I lament what he lost without the roids.  His dunk percentage was a whopping .273 as a rookie.  Dunking through, over, and around most Bigs.  Been dropping precipitously ever since, now at just .159 this season.  

If that is the % of his FGA or FGM that are dunks, I suspect two very big factors in that change are (a) the development of his jump shot which has led to a much higher % of shots from jumpers (most notably from 3) and (b) the addition of Capela who ends up eating at that same trough of interior scoring and alley oops which reduces the number of attempts that JC gets at this range since they can't occupy that same space and JC's vastly superior range makes him the better candidate to spread the floor.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Gerald Green

Ya I miss this dude, he was really really good a few years back on the Pacers, every game I watched he couldn’t miss..

But ya his in games were spectacular.

6 hours ago, benhillboy said:

My man lost a legit 3, 4 inches off the vert.  Now he’s getting fouled and adjusting mid-air for lay-ups.

No that’s only when he has to, when he gets a chance he will rip it in people’s heads without any hesi.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, benhillboy said:

As great of a dunker as Johnny is now I lament what he lost without the roids.  His dunk percentage was a whopping .273 as a rookie.  Dunking through, over, and around most Bigs.  Been dropping precipitously ever since, now at just .159 this season.  My man lost a legit 3, 4 inches off the vert.  Now he’s getting fouled and adjusting mid-air for lay-ups.

I’m partial to the guards as far as in-game dunks.  Kobe, Mike, Wade, DeRozan (who is playing “PF” now wtf). Gerald Green still holds the title for best in game dunk I’ve seen. 

Pretty sure what he was taking wasn't boosting his hops. I remember hearing he was looking to build mass with it. 

• Like 1

Couple JC highlights first was a slam on a feed from Trae! 

2nd is a high rising gather from a Huerter 3/4 court pass, impressive catch alone not to mention the fact that he went down and slammed it.

Last one is a huge block. People got their feelings hurt on that.

#kemponjohn

0744FB7F-CB33-46F2-B770-C0FAB8181888.jpeg

579594D0-A767-4763-AE0C-595BDE8F5CBF.jpeg

48BD2A89-9B04-4F11-99CC-CF2971157A9F.jpeg

I GOT 5 ON IT! 😂 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWmlMqIjae8/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Like 2

Who cares, really.  The positive, great thing that he does is block shots.  Anyone who can jump high enough can do a dunk.  The real test, to me, is "How well can he block shots around the rim?"  Collins shows his greatness here.  Not all NBA players can do this.  He's one of the very best!

🥰

• Like 1