• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It's time.

Diesel

• Premium Member
Paul George to Atlanta

Reddish, Bogi, Gallo, and 2 1st rounders to LAC. 

Without Kawhi, 
Playoff P is being wasted in LAC.  He's older next year.

George Brings Atlanta that #1 player that Trae can play with. 
Clipps get youth and potential. 
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member

Everyone I guess is convinced that the Hawks problems are with other players but not Trae himself. I strongly disagree. As we have seen this year, improving the roster has not changed much yet.  Success/failure still depends on main one guy playing well because the game is controlled by that 1 guy.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Everyone I guess is convinced that the Hawks problems are with other players but not Trae himself. I strongly disagree. As we have seen this year, improving the roster has not changed much yet.  Success/failure still depends on main one guy playing well because the game is controlled by that 1 guy.

What team would this not apply to?

• Like 3

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Success/failure still depends on main one guy playing

Should have just stopped there.

Trae has his issues and he can have some plays that are just plain head scratching, shooting ill-advised 3s early in the clock, sloppy passes, defense etc........but in that third quarter..... Hawks were down 4 when Trae exiting the game with 1 minute and 50 seconds to go. Hawks scored ZERO points and gave up 12 ballooning the lead to 16 points.  That is where the game got out of control.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Diesel said:
Paul George to Atlanta

Reddish, Bogi, Gallo, and 2 1st rounders to LAC. 

Without Kawhi, 
Playoff P is being wasted in LAC.  He's older next year.

George Brings Atlanta that #1 player that Trae can play with. 
Clipps get youth and potential. 

Clippers would never......

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Should have just stopped there.

Trae has his issues and he can have some plays that are just plain head scratching, shooting ill-advised 3s early in the clock, sloppy passes, defense etc........but in that third quarter..... Hawks were down 4 when Trae exiting the game with 1 minute and 50 seconds to go. Hawks scored ZERO points and gave up 12 ballooning the lead to 16 points.  That is where the game got out of control.

That was because of Reddish

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, AHF said:

The team losing ground big time when Trae has been out of the game has been a consistent theme going into its 4th year.  

I will stop trying to have an academic discussion about Trae here because it is fruitless.  Just like it was impossible to talk ill of Lloyd Pierce at one point.  Its almost like talking about Trump's problem to a trump supporter.

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I will stop trying to have an academic discussion about Trae here because it is fruitless.  Just like it was impossible to talk ill of Lloyd Pierce at one point.  Its almost like talking about Trump's problem to a trump supporter.

Have no idea what you are talking about.  Unlike your example, I am basing my statement on empirical data. When Trae goes out the game the team nose dives.  True or false?

2020-21:

Team net 7.5 points worse per 100 possessions without Trae (4.6 worse without JC for context)

2019-20:

Team net 7.9 points worse per 100 possessions without Trae (3.7 worse without JC for context)

Take the emotion out and let the data speak if you think there is bias here.

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Have no idea what you are talking about.  Unlike your example, I am basing my statement on empirical data. When Trae goes out the game the team nose dives.  True or false?

2020-21:

Team net 7.5 points worse per 100 possessions without Trae (4.6 worse without JC for context)

2019-20:

Team net 7.9 points worse per 100 possessions without Trae (3.7 worse without JC for context)

Plus, why won’t Peo change his avatar? 

:beathorse: :sarcastic:

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

2020-21:

2019-20:

OK lets talk about who why this has been the case in the past.  The biggest reason is the Hawks have never had an NBA quality back up point guard.  But I digress,  I rather talk about what Trae needs to improve upon rather than the 20 win teams of the past

Just now, Peoriabird said:

The biggest reason is the Hawks have never had an NBA quality back up point guard.

How rude! My namesake was pretty lethal on those oops to Nique and setting folks up.

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Why won't you change your personality?  I would be so much better around here it that happened.

I’ll try and work on that. :indifferent: 

• Haha 1

• Moderators

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

OK lets talk about who why this has been the case in the past.  The biggest reason is the Hawks have never had an NBA quality back up point guard.  But I digress,  I rather talk about what Trae needs to improve upon rather than the 20 win teams of the past

I’m telling you I expect the numbers will tell the same story this season similar to the numbers from last game when Trae was off the floor even though we have our best backup PGs in 20 years.