• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Folks we need another scorer! PERIOD!

JTB

10 minutes ago, Wretch said:

I do.

He's not THE answer, but he knows how to create his own shot while playing a role and as a bonus, he's a decent defender. Let me be clear though before I say anything else... Ya'll know I'm always ready for this team to negotiate, but I'm comfortable right now despite the losses.  I think we'll get it together.  Again, I don't think a player like Grant is THE answer, but he's solid, can help, and can possibly be had with minimal disruptions to the roster. 

IF...we continue to struggle, he's a guy I'd take a look at before trying to make a big splash.  Though, I have no idea what Detroit's FO would expect for him, consensus among the fans is some combination of late lottery/mid first round pick(s) , expirings, and a young player.  He's not on the Piston's timeline at 27yrs old and they are going nowhere.  I can't see them holding on too tight.  For sure, other teams are eyeballing him too so take that FWIW.

From our side, I'm not comfortable with giving up any of the young guys for him except Skylar.  The foundation of a deal is there with Galo's salary going out.  I'd be ok with moving on grant and pumping the breaks on Hunter.   Let him grow on the 2nd unit behind Grant and give him Gallo's role off the bench.  Surely there's got be some minutes in there at the 3/4 for Jalen Johnson too.

Would you play him at SF or power? 6’8” 210. Hmm 🤔 prolly small but he plays bigger than his size specially on D.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I like your boy Grant. He’s solid and he plays HARD EVERY NIGHT. He’s a throwback and prolly learned it by watching his dad (despite what Jordan will have you believe lol) and his uncle Harvey. 

I have no problems making a trade for this cat. He’s one of a handful of guys out there who would ride in our rebuild smoothly.

Yeah man, he's a great fit.  I started looking at him a couple of seasons ago when his name bubbled up to the top of the free agent list.  That's the dude I wanted.  I envisioned Kev and Grant starting while Cam and Hunter developed on the 2nd unit, win/win.  

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Would you play him at SF or power? 6’8” 210. Hmm 🤔 prolly small but he plays bigger than his size specially on D.

Put him right there at SF, though undoubtedly he can slide between the 3/4...giving us even more versatility. He's quick, he's got the long ball, handles, and midrange.  Also, Pistons fans are adamant he's closer to 6'6" but man he looks WAY bigger out there. 👀

On 11/13/2021 at 8:07 AM, Wretch said:

I do.

He's not THE answer, but he knows how to create his own shot while playing a role and as a bonus, he's a decent defender. Let me be clear though before I say anything else... Ya'll know I'm always ready for this team to negotiate, but I'm comfortable right now despite the losses.  I think we'll get it together.  Again, I don't think a player like Grant is THE answer, but he's solid, can help, and can possibly be had with minimal disruptions to the roster. 

IF...we continue to struggle, he's a guy I'd take a look at before trying to make a big splash.  Though, I have no idea what Detroit's FO would expect for him, consensus among the fans is some combination of late lottery/mid first round pick(s) , expirings, and a young player.  He's not on the Piston's timeline at 27yrs old and they are going nowhere.  I can't see them holding on too tight.  For sure, other teams are eyeballing him too so take that FWIW.

From our side, I'm not comfortable with giving up any of the young guys for him except Skylar.  The foundation of a deal is there with Galo's salary going out.  I'd be ok with moving on grant and pumping the breaks on Hunter.   Let him grow on the 2nd unit behind Grant and give him Gallo's role off the bench.  Surely there's got be some minutes in there at the 3/4 for Jalen Johnson too.

Your boy is wanted by Morey now in Philly. I could see Grant fitting in nicely with Philly he was there before I believe he started his career there if I’m not mistaken. I hope 🤞🏾 it doesn’t happen. 

I want Ben out west, Grant as well assuming neither lands with us.

• Premium Member
On 11/19/2021 at 10:27 AM, Spud2nique said:

Your boy is wanted by Morey now in Philly. I could see Grant fitting in nicely with Philly he was there before I believe he started his career there if I’m not mistaken. I hope 🤞🏾 it doesn’t happen. 

I want Ben out west, Grant as well assuming neither lands with us.

I saw.  I don't care how well he fits, I'm not especially worried about Ben given that we beat him on a strong team.  He's an asset for sure, but not someone that I'm worried about breaking us...even in the right situation.  Mostly I'd be worried about our backcourt trying to defend him paired with a decent and decently sized SG...but we would (hopefully) give it back to him on the other end.

Grant on the other hand...  I don't want to see that kind of energy, hustle, and shot creation bolstering any of our competition.  Not when he would seem to be reasonably priced.  Whoever is getting him won't be sacrificing their core, but they are getting a hell of a player in return.  For sure send him out west if we aren't interested.....

• Like 1