• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hornets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
17 hours ago, aali34 said:

I'm talking about on the block in an iso situation. He had an alright postgame, but wasn't as quick or decisive with it as he is now.

Not to mention he made a quick read to get Kev the ball at the top of the key for 3, it was almost a reflex and didn't have a lot of thought into it. 

I think the part of JC's game that has to develop beyond what it is now is the recognition of when he takes the smaller man into the post and abuse him.   I've seen him do it but too often, I've seen him settle for a 3.  Also, JC's midrange shooting is a weapon too.   IF JC and Trae used the midrange shot a little more often, their efficiency would go up a lot. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Your point is? We are paying our back pg 9 per and getting no production. Should have just eaten Dunns salary and signed someone. 

Ok, let's play:

1. Eating Dunn also means most likely eating Bruno, so that's $6.2 million of dead cap.  Wrights salary is $8.5 mil (a difference of $2.3 mil)

2. How much capspace would we then to sign Caruso as an outright FA?

3. Who is the someone? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

How dare I criticize a Hawks move or non/move. Our back up PG situation remains a mess as it has for years. 

It's okay to criticize, but you always tend to look at who's playing well and say well darn the Hawks should have added this person.  Wright has been a plus for the team in the past few games.  I'll just give it time. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I wish we can get more from Delon offensively but it's plays like this that makes it less of an issue for me.

Yeah, there were a few plays defensively vs the HorCats that you could see him diagnosing things the same way he did in that clip.  There's value there but he's gotta pick it up on O.

Is he fully back from injury?  Honestly looks like he's nursing something the same way Capela had looked.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I'm not seeing the backup PG as a problem right now.   Wright has been good. not much of an offensive threat but that isn't a huge deal to me.   Lou is being Lou.   The bench has been good lately.   

He has played very well defensively and runs the team well enough. His scoring has been a massive dissapointment but with the plethora of scorers we have that really isn't a huge issue. Also his scoring is weeeellll below his career averages so a regression back to the mean on the upside is the most probable outcome.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
On 11/21/2021 at 5:04 PM, Sothron said:

I have thought about packing it and just maybe slipping it on over my shirt while I'm there but I feel the jersey knows it needs to watch the actual games for it to work. Like, you can't try and outsmart the karma or it will go away.

I have thought of a solution. I will wear the Converse Aero Jams down there. That kinda counts. I have been wearing them with the LJ jersey so maybe the kicks will carry some of the karma.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I have thought of a solution. I will wear the Converse Aero Jams down there. That kinda counts. I have been wearing them with the LJ jersey so maybe the kicks will carry some of the karma.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47i3pnk17oatrfoilqyv

.. but only if it's just the Aero Jams.

You're welcome, Mrs. Soth.

😄

• Haha 3