• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Spurs

lethalweapon3

17 hours ago, terrell said:

I had us 7-13 going 3 and 3 at home and losing to Memphis....And that was before going back to the Playoff starting lineup which Ive been endorsing from the start....But yall carry on.....😀

Werent you the one that wanted to start Dre and Cam and bring Huerter and Bogi off the bench? 🙄

Will probably have the same record with Dre.

Competition and scheduling isn't nearly as rough when Dre was playing.

What you did was go super negative and all we were saying was chill and just let things play out. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, marco102 said:

What you did was go super negative and all we were saying was chill and just let things play out. 

Yep. Also the record reduction after 20 had no bearing on who was starting or not. Also account for players getting healthy.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, marco102 said:

Probably not.....Offense looks 10 times better with Kev starting....Kev and Bogi are just a better fit than Hunter Bogi....IDC who we've played...I like Dre, but Kev keeps the ball moving..

Edited by terrell

8 minutes ago, marco102 said:

So you're saying if Dre was playing like he was playing like he was last year with the way the team is currently playing, we'd be worst? 

Got it!

Thats not what I said.. What Im saying is we play better TEAM ball with Trae/Bogi/Kev....Hunter is sort of a ball stopper... His Last 3 games he played before injury he had ZERO assists...Hes avg 0.6 for the season..1.7 for his career..Not good for a ball movement offense..I like Hunter..JUst sayin...

Edited by terrell

6 minutes ago, terrell said:

Thats not what I said.. What Im saying is we play better TEAM ball with Trae/Bogi/Kev imo...Hunter is sort of a ball stopper... His Last 3 games he played before injury he had ZERO assists...Hes avg 0.6 for the season..1.7 for his career..Not good for a ball movement offense..I like Hunter..JUst sayin...

What I'm saying is it takes players time to adjusts to roles.  Hunter can move the ball once he got into his role.  It wasn't just Hunter stopping the ball when we were struggling. It was everyone because we hadn't developed the chemistry.

I'm not saying Kevin doesn't belong in the starting line up, I'm just saying you shouldn't draw conclusions off an 11 game sample size for Hunter that was probably against our toughest competition in the beginning of the season. 

Huerter was also playing when we had our roughest stretch last year.  Maybe the coaching change had something to do with the improvement we say and not just Hunter/Hunter? 

This is coming from a Huerter stan!

Edited by marco102

14 minutes ago, marco102 said:

What I'm saying is it takes players time to adjusts to roles.  Hunter can move the ball once he got into his role.  It wasn't just Hunter stopping the ball when we were struggling. It was everyone because we hadn't developed the chemistry.

I'm not saying Kevin doesn't belong in the starting line up, I'm just saying you shouldn't draw conclusions off an 11 game sample size for Hunter that was probably against our toughest competition in the beginning of the season. 

Huerter was also playing when we had our roughest stretch last year.  Maybe the coaching change had something to do with the improvement we say and not just Hunter/Hunter? 

This is coming from a Huerter stan!

Look, I love Dre man...I just think the offense flows better(ball movement) with Bogi/Huerter at the wing.. That's all...Dre more methodical on offense.........Of course we're gonna need Dre as the season goes on..He's one of our best defenders..

Edited by terrell

10 minutes ago, terrell said:

Look, I love Dre man...I just think the offense flows better(ball movement) with Bogi/Huerter at the wing.. That's all...Dre more methodical on offense.........Of course we're gonna need Dre as the season goes on..He's one of our best defenders..

Nah you've been on the Hunter should be on the bench agenda. I'm not just there yet.  I think his defense when healthy is way too important for us.

He should be on the bench when he returns, but for the Hawks to go as far as they need to, I believe he should be getting the most minutes at the three.  

When I say bench for Hunter that means he doesn't get the most minutes at the three. I believe he's the best wing defender we have and he will have more value as a stopper in the playoffs.

Edit: I should say you are correct as of right now, Huerter is the most unselfish player on the team. He keeps the ball moving and makes the right reads.  I'm torn between what to do with Hunter/Bogi/Huerter.

Edited by marco102

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yep. Also the record reduction after 20 had no bearing on who was starting or not. Also account for players getting healthy.

I also had us at 48 wins on the season..Yeah I said 7-13, after road trip and homestand, but we wer playing like shit at the time...And I was only off 3 games..Yall act like I said 4-16... lol

1 minute ago, terrell said:

I also had us at 48 wins on the season..Yeah I said 7-13, after road trip and homestand, but we wer playing like shit at the time...And I was only off 3 games..Yall act like I said 4-16... lol

Yeah, you said that when we were like 4-4 though so predicting 3-9 is pretty bad. 

Again, it wasn't one post either.  We were saying you didn't have to jump off the deep in because we started slowly.  It was too small of a sample size to be draw any conclusions. 

Every post you made was super negative and over the top about the future of the team.

Edited by marco102
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Nah you've been on the Hunter should be on the bench agenda. I'm not just there yet.  I think his defense when healthy is way too important for us.

He should be on the bench when he returns, but for the Hawks to go as far as they need to, I believe he should be getting the most minutes at the three.  

When I say bench for Hunter that means he doesn't get the most minutes at the three. I believe he's the best wing defender we have and he will have more value as a stopper in the playoffs.

"When healthy"

Thats another reason I said Kev should start..

We Never know when DRe is gonna be available up to this point..

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

"When healthy"

Thats another reason I said Kev should start..

We Never know when DRe is gonna be available up to this point..

He played the most games of any rookie his first season, hurt his knee his second season.  Freak wrist injury this year.  It would be a concern if it was the knee again. I believe he'll be fine over all.  

What can you do about freak injuries?  Curry is a fine example, GS wouldn't be the same if they gave up on him early because he had a couple of ankle injuries. 

Edited by marco102

9 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Yeah, you said that when we were like 4-4 though so predicting 3-9 is pretty bad. 

Again, it wasn't one post either.  We were saying you didn't have to jump off the deep in because we started slowly.  It was too small of a sample size to be draw any conclusions. 

Every post you made was super negative and over the top about the future of the team.

We were 4-8 when I predicted 7-13...lol. We lost 1 more on the road and went to 4-9...Then winningstreak started...I had us going 3-3 at home and losing to Memphis on the road.. instead of 6-0 at home and beating Memphis...Sue me....................................

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

He played the most games of any rookie his first season, hurt his knee his second season.  Freak wrist injury this year.  It would be a concern if it was the knee again. I believe he'll be fine over all.  

What can you do about freak injuries?  Curry is a fine example, GS wouldn't be the same if they gave up on him early because he had a couple of ankle injuries. 

You know its the same wrist he broke in College right?

Edited by terrell

1 minute ago, terrell said:

We were 4-8 when I predicted 7-13...lol. We lost 1 more on the road and went to 4-9...Then winningstreak started...I had us going 3-3 at home instead of 6-0...Sue me....................................

You know its the same wrist he broke in College right?

You know it's literally not right?  I'll have to go twitter to find the post, but it isn't.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You know it's literally not right?  I'll have to go twitter to find the post, but it isn't.

4 surgeries since College isnt a good thing either way imo.....I hope this is the last one....

Edited by terrell