• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Spurs

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, terrell said:

I also had us at 48 wins on the season..Yeah I said 7-13, after road trip and homestand, but we wer playing like shit at the time...And I was only off 3 games..Yall act like I said 4-16... lol

6-14 came first, don't forget that one too. So you were off by 5 games, not 3.  But seeing it's a numbers game and where we were in the standing then vs where we are now, so in that sense it's worth mentioning.

The season is a marathon and not a sprint, so I always temper my reactions accordingly.....I only 'hollered' at you cause you said you'd holla at me after 20 games.

• Premium Member

The idea of laying the losses at Hunter's feet doesn't sit right with me for a myriad of reasons:

1. The road heavy schedule and number of games

2. Trae's adjustment to the refs

3. The relative 'unhealthy' to Capela, Bogi, Hunter, Huerter, Lou and Gallo to start the season - we are seeing what a healthy Cap especially does to change the dynamic of the defense. These guys needed time to get healthy and so did Hunter. Even Gallo who has upped his defense.

4. The 'all bench' platoon lineups, uuuh - glad Nate has adjusted this phenomenon.

5. The janky offense (pase and midrange), the even more janky defense of switching which pulled Cap to the perimeter which negated what he does best...be the back line and quarterback of the defense and rim protector.

Why I like Huerter in the starting lineup is his ability not only to hit shots but his ability to initiate the offense and being such a willing passer. Can Hunter get there, I don't see why not? We are seeing JC and now even Cam become more willing passers. Players develop at different rates and along different timeliness.

Make no mistake, we will need Hunter - a guy that can guard a player like Randle to start a game and switch easily to guard a player like Rose to end the game is invaluable.

29 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The idea of laying the losses at Hunter's feet doesn't sit right with me for a myriad of reasons:

1. The road heavy schedule and number of games

2. Trae's adjustment to the refs

3. The relative 'unhealthy' to Capela, Bogi, Hunter, Huerter, Lou and Gallo to start the season - we are seeing what a healthy Cap especially does to change the dynamic of the defense. These guys needed time to get healthy and so did Hunter. Even Gallo who has upped his defense.

4. The 'all bench' platoon lineups, uuuh - glad Nate has adjusted this phenomenon.

5. The janky offense (pase and midrange), the even more janky defense of switching which pulled Cap to the perimeter which negated what he does best...be the back line and quarterback of the defense and rim protector.

Why I like Huerter in the starting lineup is his ability not only to hit shots but his ability to initiate the offense and being such a willing passer. Can Hunter get there, I don't see why not? We are seeing JC and now even Cam become more willing passers. Players develop at different rates and along different timeliness.

Make no mistake, we will need Hunter - a guy that can guard a player like Randle to start a game and switch easily to guard a player like Rose to end the game is invaluable.

Nobody is blaming Hunter...Good lord....I just think Huerter fits the offense better..

Edited by terrell