• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Grizzlies

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Yeah . . we definitely need Sharife to be in position to be the backup PG going into the playoffs.

I'm just not impressed with Wright.  His defense is the best part of his game.  He was a much better scorer in Sacramento last season, but seems to have lost that aggressiveness with this team.  And his facilitating is sub par.

Yeah, I'm officially concerned about his lack of offense. He's still good defensively, but teams are gonna sag off of him on offense if he continues to struggle with his shooting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Yeah . . we definitely need Sharife to be in position to be the backup PG going into the playoffs.

I'm just not impressed with Wright.  His defense is the best part of his game.  He was a much better scorer in Sacramento last season, but seems to have lost that aggressiveness with this team.  And his facilitating is sub par.

Not impressed with Wright or Dieng at all..

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

When?

He looked like a versatile stretch big at the start of the season. There was actual talk of him playing with Okongwu when he came back. Now it looks like Okongwu will just push him out of the rotation when he comes back.

• Like 3

For those of us with a short memory. The Grizzlies were dunking, shooting threes, and clowning us just last year in Atlanta. Having a dunk contest, and 3 point shoot out. . Pay back is a bisch...

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

7 game winning streak, let's make it 8 tomorrow night 

1st 20 games are in the books, after a rough west coast trip Hawks are now 11-9. Good for 7th place in the East!

Screenshot_20211126-221728_Samsung Internet.jpg

They can be 6th by the end of the night, but I highly doubt it will work out that way. The Nuggets are seriously short-handed against the reigning Champs.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

7 game winning streak, let's make it 8 tomorrow night 

1st 20 games are in the books, after a rough west coast trip Hawks are now 11-9. Good for 7th place in the East!

Screenshot_20211126-221728_Samsung Internet.jpg

You mean the season wasn't over at 4-9? 

Seriously tho...Clint getting healthy has been the key to a lot of this dominance. He looks so freakin good. And Trae has figured out the new rules just fine.

Looks like we can wait a bit to blow it up I guess. LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Man Trae is moving so much better off the ball lately. That circle sprint from the corner to the opposite wing to receive the Bogi pass for the attack and layup after he got off the ball quickly is what I’ve been longing for.  Over time his turnovers go down, off ball fouls drawn and team assists go up.  Sh!ts all good.    

Of course his skills call for him to be on the ball a whole lot.  Just mix it up a little to keep the defense off balance so the runs can sustain.

This smoother operating offense is no coincidence with a healthy Capela back screening well, Trae playing off a little more, and John advancing as a passer all of a sudden.

That's the coach putting in more motion plays for Trae to move.  His moving without the ball has always been about coaching scheme.

He normally stays at the top in order to give another player an outlet to throw it to.

• Like 2