• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My Hawks trade proposal to get to the top of the East.

Hawkmoor

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

You put some analysis into it.  I appreciate that.  I agree that the price is steep. My concern about the defense isn't there because it is not like Trae/Bogi is scaring anybody on defense.  You are really saying that you prefer a Trae/Bogi over Trae/Irving?

No, I think he's saying he prefers Trae/Bogi plus Hunter, Reddish, OO, Huerter, Wright over Trae/Kyrie/Nic and not much else for the bench plus the headache that comes with Kyrie.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No, I think he's saying he prefers Trae/Bogi plus Hunter, Reddish, OO, Huerter, Wright over Trae/Kyrie/Nic and not much else for the bench plus the headache that comes with Kyrie.

Lets get to the REAL issue.  Are the Hawks CHAMPIONSHIP contenders as currently constituted? I say no.  They MIGHT win a series in the playoffs.  There is no sneaking up on anybody this season.

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Lets get to the REAL issue.  Are the Hawks CHAMPIONSHIP contenders as currently constituted? I say no.  They MIGHT win a series in the playoffs.  There is no sneaking up on anybody this season.

The real issue with your trade proposal is it takes us FURTHER AWAY from wherever you perceive us to be RIGHT NOW and in the FUTURE.

• Like 1

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Its a moot point because Hunter can't stay on the court.  Reddish can't stay on the court and Bogi is right there behind them.

Hmmm....Kyrie played the fewest games of any of these four in 2019-20.  Kyrie played the most last year (by 10 games over Bogi).  

I'll give you two guesses as to who has played the fewest games this season and who seems perfectly content with that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

Hmmm....Kyrie played the fewest games of any of these four in 2019-20.  Kyrie played the most last year (by 10 games over Bogi).  

I'll give you two guesses as to who has played the fewest games this season and who seems perfectly content with that.

Even if you discount this year, and take the previous 2 years, Hunter (86), Reddish (84) and Bogi (105) have played in more games than Kyrie (74)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

The Hawks are gonna make the playoffs.  No problem there.  The Hawks still have a nice squad as currently constituted.  My problem is my feeling they can't get into the NBA finals because of the lack of a half court play maker outside of Young.  The play and injuries of Bogi and Hunter compound the Hawks over reliance on Young.  Here is a 3 team trade proposal that works salary wise ( I checked on this).  The very unlikeable part of this trade is the inclusion of Okongwu.  Thats the price to be paid if the Hawks felt that Irving could be that missing piece.

Regardless of how people feel about Irving, he is still one of the best players in the league.  If the Hawks had a filter, they wouldn't have drafted Jalen Johnson. The fanbase would quickly forget the Irving drama if they had a chance to get a star like him in town with Trae.  NBA execs keep parroting that Irving's current trade value has tanked because of the drama.  They said the same thing about Ben Simmons, mistakenly believing the Sixers would trade him for nothing.  The Nets are not gonna let Irving walk for peanuts.

Here is the proposal: The Hawks trade Okongwu, Hunter and Huerter to the Spurs.  The Spurs send Dejounte Murray to the Hawks.  The Hawks immediately trade Murray to the Nets along with Wright and Reddish.  The Hawks receive Kyrie Irving and Nic Claxton from the Nets.

Why the Spurs would do this:  Pops likes developing young talent.  Murray, though a fabulous guard, isn't really the floor general type that Pops likes.  This hurts their back court regardless, but they would be getting a nice haul to build around.  They can address point guard in the lottery which is where they most likely gonna be.  

Why the Nets do this:  The obvious,  and a chance to get a haul for Irving with his perceived value taking a hit currently.

Why the Hawks do this:  Even John Hollinger has stated with the "Athletic"  that the Hawks would rather stay still as currently constituted, but doesn't rule out a major trade.  Georgia doesn't have the same rules as New York and New Jersey.  Travis did a fabulous job stacking depth, but if that depth stays hurt (Hunter) and you found value in Reddish,  why not bump Johnson into the rotation early.  You still got Bogi and Gali with this proposal so its not a total gutting of the Hawks roster. Bogi could help the bench scoring.

pg  Trae Young

sg Kyrie Irving

sf  Solomon Hill

pf John Collins

c Clint Capela

ATLANTA HAWKS: Five reasons why Kyrie Irving to Atlanta makes sense - The  Covington News

I saw a Gallo/Hunter/Delon and a pick for Ben Simmons deal earlier....Id do that waaaaaaaaaaaay before Id do this..... lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

This fan base can only see more offense as the solution to the Hawks even though currently the Hawk's offense is the most efficient in the NBA right now LOL!  Also it amazes me how basketball fans continue to look at players like Irving and Beal as these perennial winners/Champions.  Last year's beat up Hawk team made it further than Kyrie's did with 2 other hall of famers lol on it!  Even Boston played better with Irving hurt when he was apart of their team.  At some point fan have to realize that Irving while being a flashy players ain't that good over all.

• Premium Member

Jaylen isn't available and I really doubt he will be any time soon, although hes #1 for players I'd love to trade for.  We'd probably have to give up the farm for him and all of our future 1sts.  I don't think Boston would even entertain anything though because they're not looking to rebuild through the draft. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Who cares about the Solo part? 😀   They could insert Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot there.  Doesn't matter.  Its the problem that the Hawks could present to other teams with that backcourt and the pairing of Collins and Capela upfront.

pg Young

sg Irving

sf Cabarrot

pf Collins

c Capela

Wouldn't make the playoffs.  

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

absolutely.   who can't we beat?  We had a great shot at beating the bucks last year if Trae doesn't get hurt.   I don't see anyone in the east looking head and shoulders above us except maybe the Nets and they've been shakier than expected so far.

• 4 weeks later...

Even Shaq says the Hawks could use at LEAST a part time Kyrie Irving:

https://thesportsrush.com/nba-news-i-will-take-that-deal-right-now-for-the-atlanta-hawks-shaquille-oneal-taking-a-jab-at-kyrie-irvings-return-as-a-part-timer-for-the-nets/

“I will take that deal right now for the Atlanta Hawks”: Shaquille O’Neal takes a jab at Kyrie Irving’s return as a part-timer for the Nets

• 11 months later...

In my opinion, which carries no weight with the Hawks front office, Atlanta is one big short.  In last summers draft the Hornets drafted a center and now has him on their G League team.  I've posted his name all over the Squawk.  We don't need him on our G League Skyhawks.  No, in Atlanta.

Mark Williams - - - 7'+ - - - center.

Check out his scouting report before the draft.  Sure, he would be our #3 center but #2 right now with Capela out.  Wonder what it would cost to get him here?  Any ideas?

🧑‍🔧