• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bring Jaylen Brown home

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Tatum fits their eye test.  He's everything the eggsperts (think they) want in a basketball player.  They swoon over him.

Unfortunately for them, he plays with the same type of selfishness that made the eggsperts turn on Melo.  I'm just waitin' for that stank to hit Tatum.  Right now folks are still looking for MVP-level performance from him.  Give 'em a couple more seasons to fall outta love.

Problem with Tatum is he is a one-way player at a position you really want some defense in the NBA today, also he doesn't distribute. Trae is a one way player at a position where you can build defense around, and if his shot is not falling he can still impact the game. 

And Brown is the exact same player except an even less willing passer and a worse defender.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Problem with Tatum is he is a one-way player at a position you really want some defense in the NBA today, also he doesn't distribute. Trae is a one way player at a position where you can build defense around, and if his shot is not falling he can still impact the game. 

And Brown is the exact same player except an even less willing passer and a worse defender.

I think we're largely on the same page.  But I think Brown is a better player.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

People are gonna miss the eff out of Gallo if he is shipped. Fans take for granted what he brings, he was legit our second best offensive player overall in the playoffs last year. Jaylen Brown doesn't even address the issue with this team that is defense though, and while he is a big plus for our starting unit our bench would be abysmal. 

Funny I just made a post about Gallo in another thread. Agreed if he gets hot in the playoffs he’s our X factor. Watching him get through the regular season is tough. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I think we're largely on the same page.  But I think Brown is a better player.

Scoring they are very similar, on the other aspects of the game Brown doesn't do anything better. They are both neutral defenders, but difference is that Brown doesn't pass, like ever. He averages 1.8 assists (1.7 TOs) which is one of the lowest figures I've ever seen in my life for a starting 2 guard, especially one that plays almost exclusively on the ball. 

• Like 1

NBA radio’s Rick Kamla asked Mitch Lawrence to guess the Celts record without Brown this year?

Care to venture any guesses squawk? 

Mitch Lawrence said 8-3, when he said that, in my mind I thought he was way off and it would be something like 3-8.

Answer: 7-4

Having said that, it’s the regular season. Brown is a prime time performer (again if healthy).

Problem with trading for him is we can’t have both him AND Hunter always sitting games out due to injury.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Scoring they are very similar, on the other aspects of the game Brown doesn't do anything better. They are both neutral defenders, but difference is that Brown doesn't pass, like ever. He averages 1.8 assists (1.7 TOs) which is one of the lowest figures I've ever seen in my life for a starting 2 guard, especially one that plays almost exclusively on the ball. 

I can't dispute any of this.  It's especially weird though considering he was a pg as a prospect.

ETA: I think my main thing about Brown is I patently reject the notion that Tatum far exceeds him as a player.  They're much closer than the eggsperts would have us believe.

Edited by kg01
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

NBA radio’s Rick Kamla asked Mitch Lawrence to guess the Celts record without Brown this year?

Care to venture any guesses squawk? 

Mitch Lawrence said 8-3, when he said that, in my mind I thought he was way off and it would be something like 3-8.

Answer: 7-4

Having said that, it’s the regular season. Brown is a prime time performer (again if healthy).

Problem with trading for him is we can’t have both him AND Hunter always sitting games out due to injury.

If you've ever ventured to the Celts board you'll notice a ton of posters complain about Brown (and Tatum) being a huge black hole. Once the ball touches his hand you are not seeing the ball back.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

If you've ever ventured to the Celts board you'll notice a ton of posters complain about Brown (and Tatum) being a huge black hole. Once the ball touches his hand you are not seeing the ball back.

Ya, that’s the one thing about Brown is whether he would understand that Trae is the #1 option and he and JC would compete for 2nd and 3rd.

He’s a complete dog though. I mean, last year I felt like you had to literally kill Trae to beat him (and the refs did ;ankle) and Jaylen is the same.

Right now we have 1 certified dog in Trae, mad alpha, another in JC, he’s borderline and knocking hard to be let in the dog club.

Jaylen is a dog. 2 NBA prospects I saw live were Brown and Okongwu at Cal and USC respectively ( @kg01 I been wanting to spit out that respectively splat a min now hehe) and wanted both as Hawks. In Brown’s draft he was seen as a top 5 guy and Ainge took him at 3, Okongwu fell in our laps at 6. 

Oh, Okongwu is also a dog by nature but he’s not in the dog club just yet due to not earning his stripes with minutes played but the mentality is all doggy fizzle.

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’ll never trade Cam! :liar:

I'd trade Cam for sure for the right price but I don't want to see it happen as a fan because I want to see him blossom with the team.  I also have a hard time seeing any trades that work given the mix of his high upside and rough track record.  (I.e., I don't see other teams offering enough to get me to pull the trigger if I was the GM.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Kyrie.

Kyrie might fall off the edge of the flat earth on his way to tell everyone why he will not take a vaccine.  I would take a pass on him.  (I think he's afraid of needles, but doesn't want to admit it.)

Rather than bringing Brown home, how about Edwards if we feel compelled to make a trade for the sake of making a trade.

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Rather than bringing Brown home, how about Edwards if we feel compelled to make a trade for the sake of making a trade.

yep.  Antman should be a Hawk for sure.   Of course Nate will have him in College Park for a few months 😄

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, AHF said:

I'd trade Cam for sure for the right price but I don't want to see it happen as a fan because I want to see him blossom with the team.  I also have a hard time seeing any trades that work given the mix of his high upside and rough track record.  (I.e., I don't see other teams offering enough to get me to pull the trigger if I was the GM.)

Yeah, I feel the same way.  Like we would get peanuts for him right now but if he actually starts filling out his potential his trade value will rocket, but at that point I wouldn't want to trade him at all lol

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Watchman said:

Kyrie might fall off the edge of the flat earth on his way to tell everyone why he will not take a vaccine.  I would take a pass on him.  (I think he's afraid of needles, but doesn't want to admit it.)

Edwards in untouchable in Minny.  The fans already love him more than KAT or anyone since KG.  I'd bet my life savings he does not get traded unless he specifically asks for it which would be some time after his rookie extension

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Edwards in untouchable in Minny.  The fans already love him more than KAT or anyone since KG.  I'd bet my life savings he does not get traded unless he specifically asks for it which would be some time after his rookie extension

Agreed.

On Brown, does anyone know if he is still suffering complications from Covid?  I remember seeing a month or so ago that he was complaining about still feeling the effects from contracting Covid (especially on his ability to recover after games, etc.).  Not sure if that is impacting his season or if he is past that.  

• Like 1