• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA Allstar Voting

marco102

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I don't think anything has been announced yet, but it's fairly typical for Hawks to get passed over so I was genuinely curious if anyone knew if Okonguw was gonna get passed over 

he may not have played enough games (only 14).  Who are the other sophomores?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This might be interesting.

............unfortunately we won't have any reps.

Burd was wide open for a fastbreak dunk, dribbled it off the side of her foot for a spectacular turnover, hit a guy on Gucci row, spilled his Zima onto the court, major delay while the drink is cleaned up giving the TV crew plenty of time to dissect the turnover, and point/laugh.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Burd was wide open for a fastbreak dunk, dribbled it off the side of her foot for a spectacular turnover, hit a guy on Gucci row, spilled his Zima onto the court, major delay while the drink is cleaned up giving the TV crew plenty of time to dissect the turnover, and point/laugh.

teagueretires.gif?_ga=2.190894634.121562

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You forgot diss me on the pass. :cray2:

Bird: Jimmy

Spud: Kramer

PSSSSYYYCCHHH!!!! GotTTTIIII Eeemeeeeee 😢 

FD27B2E6-CFF5-40BB-A577-67384549FE5F.jpeg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I like that game a lot. Too bad no reps. Wait, is the international vs USA game gone? 

I hope so. It was a stupid format. Bums were getting in because they had to scrape together players that were born outside of the US while worthy players missed the game due to being American. Even worse when some of those international guys have been in the states since elementary school *cough cough* Josh Okogie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Today is the day! Announcement 📣 in 8 hours. Trae going for his 2nd all star game and 2nd start in the game.

LETS GO!!!! :dance3:

#traeallnba

I've been seeing a lot of duckery with the media votes.  A lot of the talking heads that have revealed their votes are putting FVV as a starter, James Harden, because they are clearly better than Trae this season.

Oh Ja is an MVP candidate now.  It's really crazy how much more Trae has to do to get some recognition. I know our record is poor right now, but when we went on our run last year with Trae putting up essentially the same numbers as Ja, no one was saying he was an MVP candidate or All NBA.  

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, marco102 said:

I've been seeing a lot of duckery with the media votes.  A lot of the talking heads that have revealed their votes are putting FVV as a starter, James Harden, because they are clearly better than Trae this season.

Oh Ja is an MVP candidate now.  It's really crazy how much more Trae has to do to get some recognition. I know our record is poor right now, but when we went on our run last year with Trae putting up essentially the same numbers as Ja, no one was saying he was an MVP candidate or All NBA.  

Timing is everything. Trae or his teams have always started the season slow since he has been in the league. We have spent the majority of the season playing underwhelmingly. He is the best player on this team. Our team performance is every bit a part of his brand as his sneaker deal or watch commercials. If Trae consistently is associated with losing teams, that ultimately hurts his brand.

He went in to this season with all the momentum in the world. The narrative about him had changed, he was one of the most popular players during the playoffs. Our team was set up to win big this year. What did we do? We fell flat on our face for the 4th year in a row, and dug ourselves in to another hole. Blame whoever you want, but Trae is the best player on this team, and he will always get the most criticism.

We were 8 games under .500 when most of these guys were figuring out who they wanted to vote for. We are still 3 games under .500 and in the 12th spot. We haven't given anyone outside of Atlanta ANY reason to believe in our team, let alone it's best player. It is what it is.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, marco102 said:

Harden is a big time shill just like the media and the talking heads. It makes sense.

32 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Timing is everything. Trae or his teams have always started the season slow since he has been in the league. We have spent the majority of the season playing underwhelmingly. He is the best player on this team. Our team performance is every bit a part of his brand as his sneaker deal or watch commercials. If Trae consistently is associated with losing teams, that ultimately hurts his brand.

He went in to this season with all the momentum in the world. The narrative about him had changed, he was one of the most popular players during the playoffs. Our team was set up to win big this year. What did we do? We fell flat on our face for the 4th year in a row, and dug ourselves in to another hole. Blame whoever you want, but Trae is the best player on this team, and he will always get the most criticism.

We were 8 games under .500 when most of these guys were figuring out who they wanted to vote for. We are still 3 games under .500 and in the 12th spot. We haven't given anyone outside of Atlanta ANY reason to believe in our team, let alone it's best player. It is what it is.

As true as this maybe, last year Trae should have been third team all NBA. He got 1 vote.  Explain that mess. 

Like I fully admit he shouldn't be getting MVP recognition this year.  However, the weird media bias to block him out of awards is strange to me, but certain other young players don't have to prove as much and they are given more the benefit of the doubt having done half as much.

41 minutes ago, marco102 said:

As true as this maybe, last year Trae should have been third team all NBA. He got 1 vote.  Explain that mess. 

Like I fully admit he shouldn't be getting MVP recognition this year.  However, the weird media bias to block him out of awards is strange to me, but certain other young players don't have to prove as much and they are given more the benefit of the doubt having done half as much.

If the Hawks somehow get the 6th seed or higher he will get MVP recognition..

• Like 1