• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Thecampster likes lemelo but hates Cam. That's all that we need to see here...

Never said I hated Cam...matter of fact I said he's gonna be a fine player....but I also said lets pump the brakes on a inducting him into the hall of fame before he's even played one game...not even a preseason game, not even a summer league game.  He's a prospect...one we took after Hunter and gambled we'd get. Pump your brakes man...enthusiasm is one thing, but your crush is the thing of Alicia Silverstone movies.  You might wanna rewatch that to see how it turns out.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Never said I hated Cam...matter of fact I said he's gonna be a fine player....but I also said lets pump the brakes on a inducting him into the hall of fame before he's even played one game...not even a preseason game, not even a summer league game.  He's a prospect...one we took after Hunter and gambled we'd get. Pump your brakes man...enthusiasm is one thing, but your crush is the thing of Alicia Silverstone movies.  You might wanna rewatch that to see how it turns out.

You're not alone here.  I'm  LaMelo fan too.  He's going to be a good nba player.  People just have to get over his dad. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, thecampster said:

To hit his Grant Hill ceiling he needs a lot of work. I think his mid floor area is a really good 3D type player. I did like Rui a little more but not by much. He was not a option though.

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

To hit his Grant Hill ceiling he needs a lot of work. I think his mid floor area is a really good 3D type player. I did like Rui a little more but not by much. He was not a option though.

I might like him a bit more than you and less than Rui but I'm not impressed by almost anyone in this draft class. I see a lot of mid tier starters and rotation players but almost no stars. I even have concerns about Zion and Morant.  I think Barrett will be the best of the class when its all said and done but I'm not sure he'll be anything more than a lower tier all-star (like Joe Johnson) and that will take a probably 3 years for his game to catch up with NBA speed.  Even Barrett is too inconsistent.

It is very typical for a player coming to the NBA from college or Europe to struggle with the 3 compared to college because of the differences in the ball and the longer 3 pt distance. It usually takes them a while.  

Point guards have to get used to the pick and roll game as well as the spacing variances created by the 3 second rule.

SG and SF's have to adjust to iso heavy offense and the ball changes.  PF/C's must often learn to the shoot the 3 and deal with the 3 second rule / no zone thing.  In this class, I don't see any player that I say is a sure fire lock superstar.  I think the class is very young and raw which means their adjustment period will be longer than most. This is why I think the "he's about to set the NBA on fire" is crazy.  He's got 2 obstacles. A) he's got to grow into his body as well as grow into the NBA and B) He has a serious depth chart ahead of him to overcome. If healthy, Parker, Parsons, Huerter, Crabbe, Bembry, Turner have all got NBA experience. All can play the 3 which is Cam's natural position. 5 of the 6 have solid offensive credentials and 2 have defensive credentials. Cam is going to have to fight for minutes.  If healthy, both Parker and Parsons are going to get minutes...especially Parsons as we will try to move him at the deadline. He'll have to show he can play. Turner is going to get time at the 1 offering Cam some but limited minutes as the backup, backup pg. Again, Turner will get playing time just so we can showcase him. We still have 2 more roster spots to fill which could be a player that offers another obstacle.  Cam's road to stardom is not short like Barrett who will start almost right away. Cam is going to have to earn every minute. I think that will be good for him, bad for Supes.

I believe that Cam will get his part of floor time, not really because of the present but because he is expected to be a big part of our future.  Hawks will, again this season, still be in the development stage.  Last season, Hawks were in the first part of development.  Trae opened the season as a lost ball in a high weed patch.  His backup was recovering from major injury.  Hawks really stunk it up in the beginning.  Collins returned from his injury and things got better.  Hawks did not panic.  They were in rebuild.  We still are.

All three of our rookies will be somewhat lost in their early NBA life.  They will grow.  If they do not, see the Spellman example.  Spellman is talented.  A good NBA player.  He just can't seem to control his weight, which is his big problem.  Now, he may try harder and overcome his bugaboo.

When you buy a new auto, it comes with a warranty.  NBA players come with no guarantee.  You just have to hope they are what you believe they are.  Hawk fans hope our rookies are as good as our GM thought they were when he drafted them.  Time will tell.

We hope and expect to be a better team with a better record this upcoming season.  We have added some new NBA players to replace the ones gone and added.  Will they be better than the players they replaced?  Time will tell.  But, our future lies in the hands of our young players.  We expect them to stay here and grow as a team.

:smug:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, thecampster said:

I don't have a crush on any hooper whatsoever. I am extremely high on his potential impact with us. I strongly feel he is more than a steal, he could be the best player in the NBA one day. 

Those guys are easily or readily found after the 3rd pick most years. The fact that you brought up names like Anthony Bennett, stiff euros and whoever other bust and then praised LeMelo Ball out of the same mouth is very questionable behavior in my opinion when a kid is as talented and gifted and as much of a fit as Cam Reddish is.

12 hours ago, marco102 said:

You're not alone here.  I'm  LaMelo fan too.  He's going to be a good nba player.  People just have to get over his dad. 

I like LeMelo too but he will need to take a big jump to be a top 5 to 10 pick for me but it's possible 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I hate the Grant Hill comparison. Its single track minded expectation that leads to wanting to see Grant and not Cam.

Cam is different. He is a blend of Jamal Crawford, Jodie Meeks, T-Mac and Lonzo Ball with his best skill being 3pt high end shooting variance which is one of the valued modern skills NBA teams are looking for. He doesn't kill his own food as good as he likes it served. Hill was like an all around baller who was a tremendous athlete who can finish at a high clip and was a three prong prospect not known for his shooting but his all around game especially on the offensive end. 

Cam is a two way wing who potentially marks as an elite scorer and 3 point shooter who can defend the perimeter at an elite clip. His game is different. Cam needs space on offense. Hill can create space himself. Both Hill and Cam are versatile players in different ways but that's where the similarities end. I hated when Coach K made the comparison. They aren't the same or even close in my opinion. I strongly feel Cam more of a fit for this era as Grant was for his.

9 hours ago, thecampster said:

I might like him a bit more than you and less than Rui but I'm not impressed by almost anyone in this draft class. I see a lot of mid tier starters and rotation players but almost no stars. I even have concerns about Zion and Morant.  I think Barrett will be the best of the class when its all said and done but I'm not sure he'll be anything more than a lower tier all-star (like Joe Johnson) and that will take a probably 3 years for his game to catch up with NBA speed.  Even Barrett is too inconsistent.

It is very typical for a player coming to the NBA from college or Europe to struggle with the 3 compared to college because of the differences in the ball and the longer 3 pt distance. It usually takes them a while.  

Point guards have to get used to the pick and roll game as well as the spacing variances created by the 3 second rule.

SG and SF's have to adjust to iso heavy offense and the ball changes.  PF/C's must often learn to the shoot the 3 and deal with the 3 second rule / no zone thing.  In this class, I don't see any player that I say is a sure fire lock superstar.  I think the class is very young and raw which means their adjustment period will be longer than most. This is why I think the "he's about to set the NBA on fire" is crazy.  He's got 2 obstacles. A) he's got to grow into his body as well as grow into the NBA and B) He has a serious depth chart ahead of him to overcome. If healthy, Parker, Parsons, Huerter, Crabbe, Bembry, Turner have all got NBA experience. All can play the 3 which is Cam's natural position. 5 of the 6 have solid offensive credentials and 2 have defensive credentials. Cam is going to have to fight for minutes.  If healthy, both Parker and Parsons are going to get minutes...especially Parsons as we will try to move him at the deadline. He'll have to show he can play. Turner is going to get time at the 1 offering Cam some but limited minutes as the backup, backup pg. Again, Turner will get playing time just so we can showcase him. We still have 2 more roster spots to fill which could be a player that offers another obstacle.  Cam's road to stardom is not short like Barrett who will start almost right away. Cam is going to have to earn every minute. I think that will be good for him, bad for Supes.

I find this post to be what I expect from you. Quality posting material regardless if I agree or not. If you came into the thread with this energy, I wouldn't be trying to write you off as a hater. I would take it very seriously. That energy and calling me a troll was not the vibe I was anticipating. 

Where I disagree with those vets you named with the exception of Kev getting legit minutes when you know the goal is to play and develop the young guns. None of those guys can defend wings outside of a Turner and he can't shoot so chances of them getting mins over Cam or Hunter is slim. 

I am much higher on this class than you are. Much higher but I see flaws to, I just see a lot more fits this year than most if not any which is strange. Most years, someone would have taken Cam in the top 5-6 who was a bad fit because talent is all that matters. This year, teams took the best player for what they are doing or trying to do.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I hate the Grant Hill comparison. Its single track minded expectation that leads to wanting to see Grant and not Cam.

I like the comparison because it is excellent passing, rebounding, scoring, and D. To me that is Cam's best case though not the 1999/2000 25.8 PTS Grant had that season. I really hope Cam is at least a big time 3D player who can also pass.

I saw Rui as more NBA ready with a lower ceiling; less bust potential. I saw Cam as a project with a higher ceiling; more bust potential. When rebuilding there are players you swing for the fences on and players you don't. I do think Schlenk swung for the fences on Cam just like he did with Trae.

Edited by Buzzard

11 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I like the comparison because it is excellent passing, rebounding, scoring, and D. To me that is Cam's best case though not the 1999/2000 25.8 PTS Grant had that season. I really hope Cam is at least a big time 3D player who can also pass.

I saw Rui as more NBA ready with a lower ceiling; less bust potential. I saw Cam as a project with a higher ceiling; more bust potential. When rebuilding there are players you swing for the fences on and players you don't. I do think Schlenk swung for the fences on Cam just like he did with Trae.

Trae for us was more a project than Cam just due to the situation and role. 

Trae role no matter what was going to be much worse than college where it was built around him and his strengths 100%. No NBA team can do that. What Atlanta did was as good as it gets. 

Cam on the other hand is going to a situation where he will have a lot more space, more clarity in role and much better fits around him. He was coming into a better situation than Trae who was going to have to adjust no matter the NBA team. 

I don't judge numbers to that degree and that deep into their careers until they complete their rookie year so idk to speak on their numbers beyond that. 

As for Rui, before the draft, I had him at a 7/8.5. Now I have him much higher ceiling wise and higher floor wise. Sometimes a guy just got it. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Trae for us was more a project than Cam just due to the situation and role. 

Trae role no matter what was going to be much worse than college where it was built around him and his strengths 100%. No NBA team can do that. What Atlanta did was as good as it gets. 

Cam on the other hand is going to a situation where he will have a lot more space, more clarity in role and much better fits around him. He was coming into a better situation than Trae who was going to have to adjust no matter the NBA team. 

I don't judge numbers to that degree and that deep into their careers until they complete their rookie year so idk to speak on their numbers beyond that. 

As for Rui, before the draft, I had him at a 7/8.5. Now I have him much higher ceiling wise and higher floor wise. Sometimes a guy just got it. 

LP appears to be good with young players with both his positive reinforcement and when needed negative (  Trae being pulled in some of those early games ).

I don't know how much clearer your role can be than penciled in as the starting PG from day 1. Which is what we did with Trae. Cam needs to define his role with his play. Cam has competition whereas Trae did not once Schröder was traded. The pressure is off Cam to be a starter from day 1; he just needs to focus on his game. In practice and when he gets to play.

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

LP appears to be good with young players with both his positive reinforcement and when needed negative (  Trae being pulled in some of those early games ).

I don't know how much clearer your role can be than penciled in as the starting PG from day 1. Which is what we did with Trae. Cam needs to define his role with his play. Cam has competition whereas Trae did not once Schröder was traded. The pressure is off Cam to be a starter from day 1; he just needs to focus on his game. In practice and when he gets to play.

LP said it from the jump, he didn't have much of a choice, Lin wasn't healthy at the start. He had to start Trae regardless of him being ready or not. You are using revisionist history 

Cam like everyone else has summer workouts and training camp to prove his worth to the coaching staff 

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

LP said it from the jump, he didn't have much of a choice, Lin wasn't healthy at the start. He had to start Trae regardless of him being ready or not. You are using revisionist history 

Cam like everyone else has summer workouts and training camp to prove his worth to the coaching staff 

We traded Dennis, we knew Lin was injured when we traded for him. I did not revise any of that. You may not have noticed this but Lin played opening night and never threatened Trae's starting gig. Day 1 starter and never losing his job is as defined a role as you can have.

Read Supes before posting that I am making something up. You hurt my feelings.

Edited by Buzzard

12 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

We traded Dennis, we knew Lin was injured when we traded for him. I did not revise any of that. You may not have noticed this but Lin played opening night and never threatened Trae's starting gig. Day 1 starter and never losing his job is as defined a role as you can have.

Read Supes before posting that I am making something up. You hurt my feelings.

Yes you did revise that. You said he locked him in as the starter when LP said it was never guaranteed but Lin being injury put it to where he had to be the starter. That doesn't mean you are wrong about the outcome which is accurate and correct just that your take is very revisionist about what we promised or not. 

Lin wasn't there for most of preseason and missed all of summer workouts and training camp. 

I am not calling you a liar. 

Just now, NBASupes said:

Yes you did revise that. You said he locked him in as the starter when LP said it was never guaranteed but Lin being injury put it to where he had to be the starter. That doesn't mean you are wrong about the outcome which is accurate and correct just that your take is very revisionist about what we promised or not. 

Lin wasn't there for most of preseason and missed all of summer workouts and training camp. 

I am not calling you a liar. 

I did not say we promised him anything. I said he was given the starting job from day 1. Role defined from day 1. He was the day 1 starter so what part of that is not a fact?

10 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I did not say we promised him anything. I said he was given the starting job from day 1. Role defined from day 1. He was the day 1 starter so what part of that is not a fact?

Not a fact but it was a reasonable and fair conclusion 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Not a fact but it was a reasonable and fair conclusion 

I only concluded it because that is what happened. Facts are what happens; drawing a conclusion based on stats to predict the future is vastly different from a fact. If there would have been a different outcome, like Lin taking over as the starter once he was healthy my conclusion would have been vastly different.

Lin averaged 19.7 minutes a game for us. He played 17:19 in the 2nd game of the season, 18:58 in our 5th game, and 23:30 in our 7th game. From that point on Lin was getting the bulk of the BU minutes, around 20 a game, despite Trae's poor start.

Trae was given the keys come hell or high water and had a defined role. That is a fact. Cam needs to find his role and I hope at a minimum it is a 3D player who can pass as well. Time will tell.

• Thanks 1