CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, sturt said:

My reaction... as one might expect b/c it comes up from time to time...

Write whatever you want, Supes, and how ever much you want.

It's fine for people to choose whether or not to read, and  it's all fine for you to choose what you think you need to say in order to express what you're thinking.

This is a discussion board, not a tweet board.

source.gif

and Oh....

tumblr_ltcg96C0K91ql5yr7o1_400.gif

and for the record  @NBASupes was kind enough to consider my request.  Much appreciated Supes.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Cwell said:

Lol I was just pulling into work, read the first 3 paragraphs or so, like “ok I see where he’s going with this”. Before I got out the car I was thinking let me scroll down to see how much I had left...........

.....nah bruh

i was almost 30 minutes late by the time I scrolled all the way to the bottom 😂 

🤣 I spent 5 hours writing this post. I had a lot of data already stored from previous notes and scouting data but I didn't finish this post till 1 something am cst and started it around 7pm

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

Advanced metrics or not, taking the time to study and break down all them numbers painfully, and using those numbers to prove your point really does not help. The kid simply has to perform and breaking down the most advanced basketball metrics is not gonna help him do that. I understand some of you enjoy looking this stuff up, but sometimes it seems a little obsessive to get a point across.

It does not matter in the bigger picture. He will perform well or he just simply will not. I cannot believe I actually read all that 😂

His style of play is extremely attractive to winning NBA Basketball and somehow he got missed. 

Some guys have a game that NBA data hates like P.J. Tucker but teams, players, and coaches love it. 

Cam has an extreme data driven game.

Iso - check

High end 3 variance- check

Athletic- check

Long - check

Volume - check 

Cam game will break all analytics. Truth is while Duke did a great job, I wonder if he went to UK and they played to his strengths, would we be looking at him as #1 over Zion?

Cam plays the type of game the analytics dream of.

The same CARMELO that thinks he is Xavier Henry will likely think he could be the GOAT next year once Cam finishes the season.

Edited by NBASupes

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

His style of play is extremely attractive to winning NBA Basketball and somehow he got missed. 

Some guys have a game that NBA data hates like P.J. Tucker but teams, players, and coaches love it. 

Cam has an extreme data driven game.

Iso - check

High end 3 variance- check

Athletic- check

Long - check

Volume - check 

Cam game will break all analytics. Truth is while Duke did a great job, I wonder if he went to UK and they played to his strengths, would we be looking at him as #1 over Zion?

Cam plays the type of game the analytics dream of.

The same CARMELO that thinks he is Xavier Henry will likely think he could be the GOAT next year once Cam finishes the season.

I must help you Supes.. Where do you live bro? I will come pick you up and we can lift some heavy ass weights together. You have way too much time on your hands 😂😂

Edited by IheartVolt

1 minute ago, IheartVolt said:

I must help you Supes.. Where do you live bro? I will come pick you up and we can lift some heavy ass weights together. You have way too much time on your hands 😂😂

You think I am joking but I am dead ass serious. This dude will break the NBA. 

• Premium Member

To "no one" in particular...

1. Yes, a pat on the back is deserved to anyone when s/he goes the extra mile.

2. No, that doesn't mean that if s/he decided not to go the extra mile, then s/he is deserving of others' defecation, or even a mere frown.

... and...

3. Yes, anyone has the right to read as much as they want to read, or as little as they want to read.

4. No, no one should write a lot, just to satisfy all the people who despise tweet talk, nor to write a little just to satisfy all the people who refuse to engage a normal 500-1000 word opinion column in the NYT.

If #3 and #4 are too long...

It's not for others to say how much we should read, nor for others to say how much anyone should write.

They do, though, and when they do, that's the essence of arrogance.

15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I spent 5 hours writing this post. I had a lot of data already stored from previous notes and scouting data but I didn't finish this post till 1 something am cst and started it around 7pm

How dare you.

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

2. No, that doesn't mean that if s/he decided not to go the extra mile, then s/he is deserving of others' defecation, or even a mere frown.

... and...

3. Yes, anyone has the right to read as much as they want to read, or as little as they want to read.

4. No, no one should write a lot, just to satisfy all the people who despise tweet talk, nor to write a little just to satisfy all the people who refuse to engage a normal 500-1000 word opinion column in the NYT.

It's not for others to say how much we should read, nor for others to say how much anyone should write.

How dare you.

Agreed, which is why I gave Supes props for the effort. I’m not telling someone how long or short to post, just that it was too long for me to read on my phone while I’m grabbing lunch. Which is usually how my visits here go, never seated at a laptop 💫

• Thanks 1

Just now, hazer said:

Agreed, which is why I gave Supes props for the effort. I’m not telling someone how long or short to post, just that it was too long for me to read on my phone while I’m grabbing lunch. Which is usually how my visits here go, never seated at a laptop 💫

And do they still make desktops? 🤔

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You think I am joking but I am dead ass serious. This dude will break the NBA. 

Do I think you are joking? Well no I think you believe what you say. Your obsessions are off the wall however. I can see already Cam is gonna make Big Al look like ground beef in the terms of enthusiasm 😉

26 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

🤣 I spent 5 hours writing this post. I had a lot of data already stored from previous notes and scouting data but I didn't finish this post till 1 something am cst and started it around 7pm

It's all good. The fact that you put so much time into this is dope regardless. I finally have some time now sitting in my office so'll pick up where I left off

15 minutes ago, sturt said:

... and...

How dare you.

I don't write this as a writer. I write this to prove that my logic is well based and that this is the biggest miss in the last 30 years in the draft for 7 other teams. 

I understand they wouldn't get what we can get out of Cam but when they see his success. They will only ask themselves why didn't we do it. 

Cam Reddish is an extremely rare prospect. You couldn't find this if you looked for the last 30 years. 

Its the combination of high end talent for analytics on offense and defense that's stark. 

10 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

Do I think you are joking? Well no I think you believe what you say. Your obsessions are off the wall however. I can see already Cam is gonna make Big Al look like ground beef in the terms of enthusiasm 😉

Al is a beast but unlike Al, everyone will see Cam impact without arguments and haha moments because the data will be obvious. It won't just be me and NBA teams and staffs and their coaches who like Al. Most NBA fans don't understand Al's impact. Most will easily understand Cam's

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I lost my summary post. I'll do it when I get home. 

1. Simply put. Cam has a chance with his style of play to put up a high OBPM. 

2. His FG% and TS% is fugazi in terms of college. It is indicative of his NBA one which could also be higher. It wouldn't surprise me if he had a 550 TS% as a rookie. 

3. His reb numbers aren't indicative of his rebounding just due to role, potential chances, personnel and how Coach K used him. 

4. His defensive talent translates day 1. He has Lonzo Ball defensive talent. He has a chance to get a 3 DBPM and maybe higher. Ball single handedly changed the Lakers defense. Reddish could as well who might be a better defender at the same stage. He was critical to Duke success defensively. 

5. Comparing situation to Moss and Cam. Team, fit, talent, etc.

6. Our system is a perfect fit. 

7. Coach LP style, Pplayer development and long leash works well with Reddish.

8. Duke developed Cam better than I feel any other college program would have even if he could have been a top 3 pick if used right. Added decent movement skill, defensive polish and a willingness to sacrifice his game for the team. He will adjust exceptionally fast.

9. His body is NBA ready. He is not Jaxson Hayes, Malik Monk or Mo Bamba.

10. His personality is an ideal fit for our locker room.

This Cam guy sounds like the #1 pick and a sure fire HOF. I love your enthusiasm Supes but I'll temper my excitement and expectations until he plays in the NBA.

You are asking to entirely forego what we saw in college from him. 

Let's just say I'm hoping you are more right than wrong. I can't wait to say "Supes told us so, he even wrote an entire essay on it that I didn't read" :curtsey:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't write this as a writer. I write this to prove that my logic is well based and that this is the biggest miss in the last 30 years in the draft for 7 other teams. 

I understand they wouldn't get what we can get out of Cam but when they see his success. They will only ask themselves why didn't we do it. 

Cam Reddish is an extremely rare prospect. You couldn't find this if you looked for the last 30 years. 

Its the combination of high end talent for analytics on offense and defense that's stark. 

(Hopefully you understood my how-dare-you remark as sarcasm... and indeed, as you should suspect, I appreciate anyone who writes not only to assert a given point, but to support that point.)

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This Cam guy sounds like the #1 pick and a sure fire HOF. I love your enthusiasm Supes but I'll temper my excitement and expectations until he plays in the NBA.

Let's just say I'm hoping you are more right than wrong. I can't wait to say "Supes told us so, he even wrote an entire essay on it that I didn't read" :curtsey:

I honestly think he is that for our system. 

As I've said, systems, fit and personnel can make or break players. 

You just wonder.

His college tape is extremely valuable. If it wasn't for that, i would have a hard time believing he is any good

• Like 1

The height of Cam's upside is Grant Hill in my opinion. I don't think he has the upside of TMAC's scoring ability. Though both were great, neither of those two players broke the NBA. If we can somehow get 20, 5, and 5 in a efficient manner, go ahead and put GM Travis Schlenk in the NBA HOF.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Essay? More like a damn novel 🙊

• Haha 2

• marco102 changed the title to CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!
  • lethalweapon3 featured this topic