• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

Just now, Buzzard said:

The height of Cam's upside is Grant Hill in my opinion. I don't think he has the upside of TMAC's scoring ability. Though both were great, neither of this two players broke the NBA. If we can somehow get 20, 5, and 5 in a efficient manner, go ahead and put GM Travis Schlenk in the NBA HOF.

I don't see Grant, Cam doesn't have his offensive all around game. I don't think he ever will but he will be a better defender. I wish Coach K didn't compare him to Hill. Hill game fit college so much more than Reddish. 

Honestly 18/4/4 with his 3pt volume, high end variance and defense is more lethal in the modern NBA. As great as Grant's 20/6/5 as a rookie was, it wasn't as impactful as it 18 with 8 to 9 3s a game with a good clip and elite defense. 

All around game just isn't as valuable in today's NBA unless it comes with elite playmaking. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, IheartVolt said:

Advanced metrics or not, taking the time to study and break down all them numbers painfully, and using those numbers to prove your point really does not help. The kid simply has to perform and breaking down the most advanced basketball metrics is not gonna help him do that. I understand some of you enjoy looking this stuff up, but sometimes it seems a little obsessive to get a point across.

It does not matter in the bigger picture. He will perform well or he just simply will not. I cannot believe I actually read all that 😂

It works the other way around.  The advanced metrics will be there if he performs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I don't see Grant, Cam doesn't have his offensive all around game. I don't think he ever will but he will be a better defender. I wish Coach K didn't compare him to Hill. Hill game fit college so much more than Reddish. 

Honestly 18/4/4 with his 3pt volume, high end variance and defense is more lethal in the modern NBA. As great as Grant's 20/6/5 as a rookie was, it wasn't as impactful as it 18 with 8 to 9 3s a game with a good clip and elite defense. 

All around game just isn't as valuable in today's NBA unless it comes with elite playmaking. 

I don't care who Coach K compares his players to. Cam's potential as a 3pt shooter, passer, and defender are his most intriguing skills to me. 18, 4, and 4 is a nice line and I am all for it; but that ain't breaking the NBA.

Leonard and George have been doing better for years with all NBA defense included and they ain't broke it yet.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Exactly, he has to perform.

And a combination of the advanced stats* and "eye test" scouting is the best way to predict whether he will perform.

(Teams also utilize great data tools that the public doesn't see which I include in this.)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

And a combination of the advanced stats* and "eye test" scouting is the best way to predict whether he will perform.

(Teams also utilize great data tools that the public doesn't see which I include in this.)

Agreed 

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Cam's main flaw is he is not a great finisher in traffic. RJ was head and shoulders better than Cam in that respect.

Neither was great at it even if R.J. was good. R.J. just got a lot more him 1 on 0 than Cam did. A lot of this will be different considering both players situation in the NBA. 

15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Neither was great at it even if R.J. was good. R.J. just got a lot more him 1 on 0 than Cam did. A lot of this will be different considering both players situation in the NBA. 

I don't see how you can qualify that. Duke's pace was 35th in the nation. They both got a lot of fast break looks. Hunter on the other hand was a superb finisher and Virgina's pace was dead last at 353.

https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/stat/possessions-per-game

Edited by Buzzard
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I don't see how you can qualify that. Duke's pace was 35th in the nation. They both got a lot of fast break looks. Hunter on the other hand was a superb finisher and Virgina's pace was dead last at 353.

https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/stat/possessions-per-game

Tape and data

Tape for the type of opportunities and the data for how they performed compared their peers 

gXtDM93_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Tape and data

Tape for the type of opportunities and the data for how they performed compared their peers 

gXtDM93_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Over 22% Transition buckets for Cam, 43.9% FG.

Put backs 50% FG

Over 22% Transition buckets for RJ, 56.3% FG,

Put backs 58.3% FG

I don't see how you see them as equal finishers and their transition attempt percentages are almost identical.

Edited by Buzzard

11 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Over 22% Transition buckets for Cam, 43.9% FG.

Put backs 50% FG

Over 22% Transition buckets for RJ, 56.3% FG,

Put backs 58.3% FG

I don't see how you see them as equal finishers and their transition attempt percentages are almost identical.

Volume is much different and no one is comparing them in terms of put backs. Cam doesn't have enough of a sample size. 3 out of 6.

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Volume is much different and no one is comparing them in terms of put backs. Cam doesn't have enough of a sample size. 3 out of 6.

98 attempts and 43 FG made off of transition. Call it a small sample size, call it bad decision making on his part, call it what ever you want, it is still 43.9% FG on transitions. The 43.9 was his 2nd best % only behind the put backs. The only things I am stoked about with Cam are his FT%,, his potential to improve, and most importantly Schlenk saw something in him.

Edited by Buzzard

4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

98 attempts and 43 FG made off of transition. Call it a small sample size, call it bad decision making on his part, call it what ever you want, it is still 43.9% FG on transitions. The 43.9 was his 2nd best % only behind the put backs. The only things I am stoked about with Cam are his FT%,, his potential to improve, and most importantly Schlenk saw something in him.

No, I was talking about putbacks. His transition play had what we needed in terms of perspective and data.

Just now, NBASupes said:

No, I was talking about putbacks. His transition play had what we needed in terms of perspective and data.

So how do you see him and RJ as equal finishers if Cam does not finish better in transition? That is like the opposite of logic to me. I honestly think Cam has a real good chance of being a better shooter than RJ. But nothing points to him becoming a better finisher near the basket.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

So how do you see him and RJ as equal finishers if Cam does not finish better in transition? That is like the opposite of logic to me. I honestly think Cam has a real good chance of being a better shooter than RJ. But nothing points to him becoming a better finisher near the basket.

Maybe having that core injury and rib injury affected his finishing at the basket?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sturt said:

Dang.

That was just six words.

What's wrong with you?

All of my post are short and to the point, or at least as best as I can present it. You will never see me put up a wall of text 👍

8 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

They are not equals. R.J. is clearly better. I said both struggle at the same actions which is finishing in traffic in transition. Cam just struggles more in terms of decision making, dribbling in traffic and the obvious finishing through contact. 

R.J. just mainly struggles in traffic. His ability to finish through contact is top notch as is his 1v1 ability in given in the open court. 

They are not equals. I do not recall saying that. I will say that is wrong if I did 

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Maybe having that core injury and rib injury affected his finishing at the basket?

It had to effect him some we will see how much by December.