• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

All of my post are short and to the point, or at least as best as I can present it. You will never see me put up a wall of text

Like I said... what's wrong with you?

1 hour ago, AHF said:

And a combination of the advanced stats* and "eye test" scouting is the best way to predict whether he will perform.

(Teams also utilize great data tools that the public doesn't see which I include in this.)

Yes I understand that, but that is not the point I was trying to make. I probably did not word it out correctly.

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

Like I said... what's wrong with you?

Well English and writing was never a strong subject for me when it comes to articulating things on paper or a device screen. I will not be writing any New York Times best selling novels I assure you. 😂

16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Maybe having that core injury and rib injury affected his finishing at the basket?

Cam got some legitimate concerns finishing. I call it the Lonzo Ball effect. He is fluid as a mover with tremendous feet like Ball but he is sniff to a degree and negative effects him in traffic. We seen Lonzo have this same issue. I don't believe it's as easy as a groin injury core issue. 

I do believe the falling and tripping over yourself is clearly a core issue. This can be fixed by fixing alignments and working on core strength with trainers. 

Atlanta will work on that but I think Cam may always have finishing issues in traffic. That could be noted come the playoffs when every little thing matters. 

The decison making in traffic, dribbing while looking down and always trying to finish with the right even when you attack left is the areas Cam needs to improve on a ton before the season starts. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Cam got some legitimate concerns finishing. I call it the Lonzo Ball effect. He is fluid as a mover with tremendous feet like Ball but he is sniff to a degree and negative effects him in traffic. We seen Lonzo have this same issue. I don't believe it's as easy as a groin injury core issue. 

I do believe the falling and tripping over yourself is clearly a core issue. This can be fixed by fixing alignments and working on core strength with trainers. 

Atlanta will work on that but I think Cam may always have finishing issues in traffic. That could be noted come the playoffs when every little thing matters. 

The decison making in traffic, dribbing while looking down and always trying to finish with the right even when you attack left is the areas Cam needs to improve on a ton before the season starts. 

We will start:

PG - Trae

SG - Huerter

SF - Hunter

PF - Collins

C - Len

We will see how the below fare:

PG - Turner/Open spot?

SG - Crabbe/Bembry

SF - Cam/Parsons?

PF - Parker

C - Jones/Fernando

9 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

We will start:

PG - Trae

SG - Huerter

SF - Hunter

PF - Collins

C - Len

We will see how the below fare:

PG - Turner/Open spot?

SG - Crabbe/Bembry

SF - Cam/Parsons?

PF - Parker

C - Jones/Fernando

Not the biggest fan of the fit. 

Hunter game is best at the 4 especially early into his career. 

Not the best 3pt shooter. Slow release. Tends to shoot 3s when playing the 4 or 5 where he has ample space. 

Defensively, as we seen v. Min, can be in trouble dealing with the combo moves, doesn't have quick hands, is better at defender guys with size and less wiggle. 

Put it this way, I would use him to guard Prince, LeBron, Giannis, Griffin, Gordon, etc. 

But I would use him to guard smaller quicker guys at this stage. As we seen v. Okogie. His switchability and BBIQ and well as instincts is just much more adept than his ability to defend many types of players. It takes time, I am years for more instinctive BBIQ types. At one time, Horford who I think the world of couldn't guard skillful bigger bigs at all. 

Hunter is more of a 4. Unless you plan on using Collins at the 3 more this year, Hunter best position is not the 3 although in units, I am perfectly fine with Hunter even at the 2 depending on the matchup. 

Hunter defensive base is just so much more impressive than anyone in this draft class including Zion. 

Its iust that Cam projects to be a much better perimeter defender and Fernando will eventually defend centers better than Hunter as well but Hunter versatility and multiple unit value is off the charts. Starting or not, he will shine to a degree and we will be better for it. 

But his lack of shooting for what's expected in this role should work as well as it did for Mikal Bridges. Don't expect a trailblazer but his defense should be an upgrade which matters a lot since Prince and Bazemore were bad in this new system. 

He should be fine. It could hurt Cam a lot though. Turner/Parker is like a poor man's R.J. and Zion. Not sure you want f*** up Cam production when Hunter production will be similar in each role. Just my take. 

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Not the best 3pt shooter. Slow release. Tends to shoot 3s when playing the 4 or 5 where he has ample space. 

Defensively, as we seen v. Min, can be in trouble dealing with the combo moves, doesn't have quick hands, is better at defender guys with size and less wiggle. 

Put it this way, I would use him to guard Prince, LeBron, Giannis, Griffin, Gordon, etc. 

But I would use him to guard smaller quicker guys at this stage. As we seen v. Okogie. His switchability and BBIQ and well as instincts is just much more adept than his ability to defend many types of players. It takes time, I am years for more instinctive BBIQ types. At one time, Horford who I think the world of couldn't guard skillful bigger bigs at all. 

Hunter is more of a 4. Unless you plan on using Collins at the 3 more this year, Hunter best position is not the 3 although in units, I am perfectly fine with Hunter even at the 2 depending on the matchup. 

Hunter defensive base is just so much more impressive than anyone in this draft class including Zion. 

Its iust that Cam projects to be a much better perimeter defender and Fernando will eventually defend centers better than Hunter as well but Hunter versatility and multiple unit value is off the charts. Starting or not, he will shine to a degree and we will be better for it. 

But his lack of shooting for what's expected in this role should work as well as it did for Mikal Bridges. Don't expect a trailblazer but his defense should be an upgrade which matters a lot since Prince and Bazemore were bad in this new system. 

He should be fine. It could hurt Cam a lot though. Turner/Parker is like a poor man's R.J. and Zion. Not sure you want f*** up Cam production when Hunter production will be similar in each role. Just my take. 

I like our starting lineup and don't see how it can go any other way. I like our bench in that Turner, Crabbe, Parker, and Parsons have all been NBA starters in their careers. I don't think we can afford injuries and a BU PG and maybe even a BU PF would seem logical.

Edited by Buzzard

7 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I like our starting lineup and don't see how it can go any other way. I like our bench in that Turner, Crabbe, Parker, and Parsons have all been NBA starters in their careers. I don't think we can afford injuries and a BU PG and maybe even a BU PF would seem logical.

Its all about supporting the starters. The best fit is Cam Reddish. The best player of now is De'Andre Hunter. The best talent and shooter is Reddish. 

I would go with Cam and split the mins. Just don't trust that 2nd unit with Cam at all. I have a lot more confidence vice versa.

Just now, NBASupes said:

Its all about supporting the starters. The best fit is Cam Reddish. The best player of now is De'Andre Hunter. The best talent and shooter is Reddish. 

I would go with Cam and split the mins. Just don't trust that 2nd unit with Cam at all. I have a lot more confidence vice versa.

Sorry man but Schlenk did not trade away 3 picks for his 6th man. You said yourself Cam needs a lot of work. He will practice his way into the lineup; like Huerter did. If all he turns out to be is a spot up shooter, we still have a solid young team.

Either option is better than Bazemore, Prince and Hamilton by a mile.

Hunter- 

Best defender

Best player

Best all around game 

Best instincts 

Best at team Basketball 

Best efficiency 

Best floor

Best fit with anyone

Reddish-

Best shooter

Best talent

Best perimeter defender 

Best skill-set 

Best in space

Best in scoring

Best ceiling

Best fit for our system and starting personnel.

Both are gems. But Cam's lack of unit fits is damning. Hunter time needed for adjustment with the starters could be just as damning. Like Bruno, he is coming into a completely different role and situation 

5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Sorry man but Schlenk did not trade away 3 picks for his 6th man. You said yourself Cam needs a lot of work. He will practice his way into the lineup; like Huerter did. If all he turns out to be is a spot up shooter, we still have a solid young team.

Siakam > Poeltl and I am not saying either are those two but saying, later pick doesn't mean better fit or talent. Especially if Hunter is more of a 4 at this stage.

Siakam at 11th is a massive reach but looking back, he is the best player in the entire class with Ben Simmons. 

Edited by NBASupes

Siakam > Poeltl and I am not saying either are those two but saying, later pick doesn't mean better fit. Especially if Hunter is more of a 4 at this stage.

He only weighs 220 Ilbs wet. Hunter will be fine at the 3. I like the fact he is versatile and we may run some Hampton five style lineups, But the best players will be on the floor and with Hunter's D, count him in from day one.

Turner, Crabbe, Cam. Parker and name the five, should be more than enough fire power and floor spacing for a 2nd unit. I skipped Parsons since I have not read any updates on his preparation for the season. I am just hoping he is ready.

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

He only weighs 220 Ilbs wet. Hunter will be fine at the 3. I like the fact he is versatile and we may run some Hampton five style lineups, But the best players will be on the floor and with Hunter's D, count him in from day one.

Turner, Crabbe, Cam. Parker and name the five, should be more than enough fire power and floor spacing for a 2nd unit. I skipped Parsons since I have not read any updates on his preparation for the season. I am just hoping he is ready.

Hunter is a beast. 232-235. He is clearly bigger than 220. 

I agree with fine. That bench will be ass and Cam will be a disappointment in that role. I don't see LP doing that, he is much smarter than that. He has good insight. 

• Like 1

Hunter is a beast. 232-235. He is clearly bigger than 220. 

I agree with fine. That bench will be ass and Cam will be a disappointment in that role. I don't see LP doing that, he is much smarter than that. He has good insight. 

So you think starting a rookie who only shot .356 from the field is the best way to bring him along. Just throw him to the NBA wolves from jump street when he could not hit his spot up shots against college competition.

I think LD is smarter than that as well.

41 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Defensively, as we seen v. Min, he can be in trouble dealing with the combo moves, doesn't have quick hands, is better at defender guys with size and less wiggle. 

But would I use him to guard smaller quicker guys at this stage? No. As we seen v. Josh Okogie. His switchability and BBIQ and well as instincts is just much more adept than his ability to defend many types of players. It takes time, I am a stan for more instinctive BBIQ types but at one time, Horford who I think the world of couldn't guard skillful bigger bigs at all. Not a chance. Brook Lopez and crew used to kill him. 

Edit 

4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

So you think starting a rookie who only shot .356 from the field is the best way to bring him along. Just throw him to the NBA wolves from jump street when he could not hit his spot up shots against college competition.

I think LD is smarter than that as well.

356 on 7.4 3s per game is hella good with his high end variance, range and quality. Steph shot 378 while Justise Winslow shot .410. The difference is type of shots, volume, variance and quality. Winslow 410 is meaningless. 

Dedmon shot 390 killing Trae 330. Is Dedmon a better shooter? Is Alex Len a better shooter? When Jeremy Lin was in Atlanta was he a better shooter than Trae. 

LP clearly has more sense than this

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I love his body. 💪🏾 He’s literally a young beast.

I love it. Amazing base. Great feet. High BBIQ and IQ. Good use of hands and body. Great core strength. I f***ing love Hunter!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

356 on 7.4 3s per game is hella good. Steph shot 378 while Justise Winslow shot .410. The difference is type of shots, volume, variance and quality. Winslow 410 is meaningless. 

Dedmon shot 390 killing Trae 330. Is Dedmon a better shooter? Is Alex Len a better shooter? When Jeremy Lin was in Atlanta was he a better shooter than Trae. 

LP clearly has more sense than this

Cam did not do that from three. .356 is his season FG average from every where last season. 🤨

Edited by Buzzard

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

He did not do that from three. .356 is his season FG average from every where last season. 🤨

His projected NBA 3pt rate is 379. His projected before the groin is 390. You know what Klay was 389. Huerter- 368.

Cam Reddish is the best shooter on our team right now!