• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'm getting ready for Ben Simmons on the Hawks.

Diesel

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

There have been 16 players that played for Atlanta Hawks.  The irony is that the best player to ever wear that number was Doc Rivers. 

Simmons is exactly what Atlanta Needs to play besides Trae Young.  He's the defensive player that we need in the Backcourt with Trae.    He's also the offensive player that we need to run the offense and give Trae time off ball.  He doesn't demand the ball so there will be more shots to go around for efficient scorers like JC and Hunter. 

The Kids want this to happen:

4 days ago, some child had drawn this:

Ben Simmons and Trae Young (2022) : r/nbacirclejerk

The tell me that the picture was drawn by Will Schlenk....

I have always been under the impression that Trae has to have the ball in his hands to be content.  I just don't see him being happy with adding Simmons.  

7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

There have been 16 players that played for Atlanta Hawks.  The irony is that the best player to ever wear that number was Doc Rivers. 

Simmons is exactly what Atlanta Needs to play besides Trae Young.  He's the defensive player that we need in the Backcourt with Trae.    He's also the offensive player that we need to run the offense and give Trae time off ball.  He doesn't demand the ball so there will be more shots to go around for efficient scorers like JC and Hunter. 

Simmons became a MEGA chonker in his time off!  

28 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I've come around to being intrigued by the idea of Simmons next to Trae.  But I'm still not sure it actually happens.  And I'm pretty damn confident it doesn't happen in a way that keeps JC and Dre next to him and Trae.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, Watchman said:

I have always been under the impression that Trae has to have the ball in his hands to be content.  I just don't see him being happy with adding Simmons.  

I don't know.  I think there's enough ball to be shared.   Trae can still do his thing.. but if you watch, you know that Trae plays a little ball hoggery as well.   Now, he wouldn't have to feel guilty about it.  I think Trae falls more into a Steph Curry kind of Role.  You can run the offense when you want, but there's also Draymond there to run it and let you play off ball. 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I've come around to being intrigued by the idea of Simmons next to Trae.  But I'm still not sure it actually happens.  And I'm pretty damn confident it doesn't happen in a way that keeps JC and Dre next to him and Trae.  

Knox to Houston.

Gallo, Bogi, and Augustin to LAL

Westbrook, 1st (ATL ) to Philly. 

Simmons to us. 

Klutch Sports...

Look at it from Philly's side.   Doc knows he can coach Westrbook.  Westbrook + Embiid might be hard to beat. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I don't know.  I think there's enough ball to be shared.   Trae can still do his thing.. but if you watch, you know that Trae plays a little ball hoggery as well.   Now, he wouldn't have to feel guilty about it.  I think Trae falls more into a Steph Curry kind of Role.  You can run the offense when you want, but there's also Draymond there to run it and let you play off ball. 

I don't see how 2024 for the Hawks is anything less than a disaster 

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Knox to Houston.

Gallo, Bogi, and Augustin to LAL

Westbrook, 1st (ATL ) to Philly. 

Simmons to us. 

Klutch Sports...

Look at it from Philly's side.   Doc knows he can coach Westrbook.  Westbrook + Embiid might be hard to beat. 

It's a great internet trade.  It even makes some sense for the other teams involved I guess. But you are actually suggesting a four-team mega trade gets done during the season.  That's pretty extraordinary.  

Is this source legitimate? https://thepaintedlines.com/what-does-the-cam-reddish-trade-mean-for-the-sixers/

Simmons remains a target for Atlanta ahead of the trade deadline, a source told The Painted Lines. Simmons would have no qualms with going to the Hawks. Collins has been discussed as part of the framework heading to Philadelphia in trade talks.

Edited by GameTime

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Watchman said:

I'm assuming they would run this type of deal past Trae before making any moves.  Trae is the franchise player selling jerseys so if they moved for another primary ball handler without his approval, yikes.

This works on ESPN's Trade Machine.  I'm NOT advocating this trade.  It simply lines up with things we've all been hearing lately.  
Gallo, Bogi, Dieng, Lou Will and Wright to Philly (and some FFPs, I would assume)
Simmons and Tobias Harris to Atlanta

Harris backs up JC and Hunter (all three get about 32 minutes each)
OO backs up Capela (30/18 minutes split until eventually 24/24?)
Simmons backs up Trae and Huerter (all three get about 32 minutes each)

We still have Jalen Johnson, Sharife, Knox, and TLC on the bench.  We'd need to fill out additional empty roster spots with buy outs and vet mins/G Leaguers.

But, we'd have no real money and no immediate draft picks to improve the team next year.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, LongTimeFan said:

This works on ESPN's Trade Machine.  I'm NOT advocating this trade.  It simply lines up with things we've all been hearing lately.  
Gallo, Bogi, Dieng, Lou Will and Wright to Philly (and some FFPs, I would assume)
Simmons and Tobias Harris to Atlanta

Harris backs up JC and Hunter (all three get about 32 minutes each)
OO backs up Capela (30/18 minutes split until eventually 24/24?)
Simmons backs up Trae and Huerter (all three get about 32 minutes each)

We still have Jalen Johnson, Sharife, Knox, and TLC on the bench.  We'd need to fill out additional empty roster spots with buy outs and vet mins/G Leaguers.

But, we'd have no real money and no immediate draft picks to improve the team next year.

that is not an NBA bench right there.  

I get that Gallo, Bogi, Lou Will, Cam have been inconsistent this year, but if we're going to send them all out and replace just with Simmons then who's going to shoot the ball?   Trae's going to have to avg 40.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just don't see how you win close games with Simmons and Capela on the floor, they are both terrible free throw shooters.  Draymond is a career 70% FT.  Means we are going to have to sit 1 or both in crunchtime which is a huge liability.  Simmons has a max deal so we won't be able to do much else if we trade for him.

• Like 1

Honestly OKC could absorb Tobias Harris by sending out just a little salary.  If they also get a first rounder for their trouble to help the rebuild, I think they might have an appetite for that deal.

Philly clears the Harris money and the clears a spot for Collins who spaces the floor nicely for Embiid.  And of course we have plenty of other parts and assets to make Philly whole for the loss of Ben Simmons.  Bogi is often mentioned, and then there are the picks.  What more can Philly want?

From Atlanta side it's more tricky.  Do we like JC for Ben?  I *think* so?  But you are definitely betting the rebuild on it.  

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, txsting said:

Honestly OKC could absorb Tobias Harris by sending out just a little salary.  If they also get a first rounder for their troubl

I think it would cost more than 1 st for OKC to take on Harris' next 2 years at $37 and $39 million.

• Thanks 1