• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'm getting ready for Ben Simmons on the Hawks.

Diesel

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I think if we get Simmons JC is gone, but that would be best case scenario to land Simmons and keep JC.  

I'd start to question Schlenk in that case.  We'd be filling a hole only to open up one just as big.  JC has very positive impact on this team, not potential.  He's controbuting to winning more than anyone other than Trae.  Our PF rotation would be hot garbage and I'd be scared we misuse Hunter as a 4.

Bogi picks and a rook is what I'd give up

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Gallo/Bogi/all three first rounders got me Ben Simmons. I put him in at PG and moved Trae to SG. Holy smokes. I was killing people. Could juggle minutes to always have Trae or Ben on the court at all times to always have an elite playmaker. Spacing not an issue by having Trae off the ball forcing teams to commit to him leaving Ben with those wide open runs to the basket he loves so much.

It worked. I know this is 2k. I know it would probably take more than Gallo/Bogi/all three firsts we have for this year's draft. But it did work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

I'd start to question Schlenk in that case.  We'd be filling a hole only to open up one just as big.  JC has very positive impact on this team, not potential.  He's controbuting to winning more than anyone other than Trae.  Our PF rotation would be hot garbage and I'd be scared we misuse Hunter as a 4.

Bogi picks and a rook is what I'd give up

And Philly will like it or we leave it.

They most likely leave it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

How about the following:

Harris  to OKC

Favors, Gallo, and Bogi + First to Philly

Simmons to Atlanta. 

Philly gets Harris and Simmons out of the door.   They pick up Bogi and Gallo.. both help with shooting.   OKC replaces Favors with Harris.   Actually a bit of a win for them.   They bite some salary but they have a very young team and salary is not a big concern for them... they need production on the court more than salary.   The other day, they benched favors so that they can "take a look at some of the young guys". 

In this trade, Philly wins financially.  They also win on the court.   Morey comes out looking like the victor... and he has a team around Embiid that doesn't wastes Embiid's year. 

We get Defensive and we don't lose JC. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

How about the following:

Harris  to OKC

Favors, Gallo, and Bogi + First to Philly

Simmons to Atlanta. 

Philly gets Harris and Simmons out of the door.   They pick up Bogi and Gallo.. both help with shooting.   OKC replaces Favors with Harris.   Actually a bit of a win for them.   They bite some salary but they have a very young team and salary is not a big concern for them... they need production on the court more than salary.   The other day, they benched favors so that they can "take a look at some of the young guys". 

In this trade, Philly wins financially.  They also win on the court.   Morey comes out looking like the victor... and he has a team around Embiid that doesn't wastes Embiid's year. 

We get Defensive and we don't lose JC. 

This actually is a good trade for all three teams. It would probably take all three firsts we have to go with what you listed but it works.

• Premium Member
Just now, Sothron said:

This actually is a good trade for all three teams. It would probably take all three firsts we have to go with what you listed but it works.

I think we misjudge Philly's position.   Philly is not really in a position of strength.  If Travis has gone out and found a trade for Harris... Harris to OKC for Favors..  Then it shouldn't require all three first.  Morey is not in a position where he can waste Embiid's good play.  How often is Embiid going to be close to injury free?  How often will Philly find itself with a healthy Embiid able to compete for the title?

Embiid is not an old dude but Embiid's whole physical standpt looks bad.  He's knock kneed... He's heavier than he should be... He's often injured.  For Philly to get good players for Simmons is the win in itself.  IF they then can get from under Harris' deal, it makes Morey look like a genius.   However, top that with 1 first rounder and Philly is over the moon.  If Travis gives up three first rounders, he ought to be taken out back and shot.   Because it suggests that he doesn't realize how much he has already done for Morey.  I would call Morey's bluff and see if he could live with Ben at home and Harris still there. ... and Wasting a good Embiid year.  Morey can't blame Doc for what he failed to take.   Remember Doc knows Gallo.   Listen to what he said previous:

"“Overall, of the guys we’ve missed (most), it’s ‘Gallo,’” Rivers said before the Clippers played host to the Portland Trail Blazers at Staples Center, another in a series of must-win games down the stretch for the playoff hopefuls. “It’s not even close.”

• Like 1

While I just read some good trade offers I think there’s no choice but send out Collins if the plan is to get Simmons….the only way I see any other thing working is if the Lakers are willing to trade Westbrook to Philly for Harris.

For LA that actually works better for fit and still gives Morey an impact player on the roster and we don’t have to gut our team.

all other scenarios that work salary wise but no impact player to Philly just won’t work for Morey. Morey always wants to rob a team so if we want Simmons Im sure it will cost Collins.

5 hours ago, Sothron said:

It’s only a good trade to free up cap space for Philly. I don’t think Morey is interested enough in freeing up cap space for free agency purposes….I think he’d rather get a impact player or star name back .

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JTB said:

While I just read some good trade offers I think there’s no choice but send out Collins if the plan is to get Simmons….the only way I see any other thing working is if the Lakers are willing to trade Westbrook to Philly for Harris.

For LA that actually works better for fit and still gives Morey an impact player on the roster and we don’t have to gut our team.

all other scenarios that work salary wise but no impact player to Philly just won’t work for Morey. Morey always wants to rob a team so if we want Simmons Im sure it will cost Collins.

If it takes Collins, then there is no deal.  Travis would have to look Morey in the face and say Collins is untouchable and tell him to find another deal. 

The Loss of  Cam Stings.  Badly.  Mainly because we could have definitely got a better deal on draft night... but if the story was already written on the wall, Cam didn't have a future in Atlanta so we're not desperate.   However, to ask for JC...when we can give Philly everything else is a no deal plain and simple.  Having JC is what makes getting Simmons work the best for the Hawks.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JTB said:

It’s only a good trade to free up cap space for Philly. I don’t think Morey is interested enough in freeing up cap space for free agency purposes….I think he’d rather get a impact player or star name back .

Nobody is going to give up a star for Simmons.

He do have some good options though:

1.  Fox

2.  McCollum

Those would be great pickups...when they get desperate (trade deadline).  But Morey is still a GM.  McCollum makes less and less sense because he has Shake, Thybulle, Frank, and all these other dudes.  Honestly, Philly lacks size and they like shooting. 

Also.. because he's a GM.. Cap Flexibility is something that high on his list. Why do you think he's trying to attach Harris to the deal in the first place?

11 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Philly is not moving Simmons unless they get a star. This has been reported or stated on record by Morey himself. I just don’t want people in here to get their hopes up.

I think we all know that's their stance but the reality is there aren't any 'stars' available to them.  So Morey can hope in one hand and shart in the other.  We all know which one's gonna get filled up first.

At the end of the day, the Hawks likely can offer him a better deal than many teams ... once it's accepted that James Harden ain't walkin' through that door.  And even if Lillard becomes available, that means POR is rebuilding and likely wants picks/youngs rather than just replacing Lillard with a win-now guy.

Long story long, you're right that the expectations should be tamped down.  But there is something here, imeo.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I think we all know that's their stance but the reality is there aren't any 'stars' available to them.  So Morey can hope in one hand and shart in the other.  We all know which one's gonna get filled up first.

At the end of the day, the Hawks likely can offer him a better deal than many teams ... once it's accepted that James Harden ain't walkin' through that door.  And even if Lillard becomes available, that means POR is rebuilding and likely wants picks/youngs rather than just replacing Lillard with a win-now guy.

Long story long, you're right that the expectations should be tamped down.  But there is something here, imeo.

If Simmons could be moved for role players, it would’ve already happened by now. And Morey is willing to let this extend until Draft Night according to Woj.

2 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

If Simmons could be moved for role players, it would’ve already happened by now. And Morey is willing to let this extend until Draft Night according to Woj.

Not everyone is available for trade atm and not everyone is role players. 

• Like 1

It's hard to see how the Hawks get Simmons. With Cam now gone, we can't really trade Hunter. Trading JC is a no go, he's too important to the team. Bogi and Gallo don't move the meter enough. 

4 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

How is everyone so sure we are getting Simmons?  

We aren't.