• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'm getting ready for Ben Simmons on the Hawks.

Diesel

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I think we all know that's their stance but the reality is there aren't any 'stars' available to them.  So Morey can hope in one hand and shart in the other.  We all know which one's gonna get filled up first.

At the end of the day, the Hawks likely can offer him a better deal than many teams ... once it's accepted that James Harden ain't walkin' through that door.  And even if Lillard becomes available, that means POR is rebuilding and likely wants picks/youngs rather than just replacing Lillard with a win-now guy.

Long story long, you're right that the expectations should be tamped down.  But there is something here, imeo.

I try to think about motivations and likelihoods of a team making a trade for Ben.

I've heard Fox...  But Maxy is playing better than Fox right now. 

I've heard CJ...  It's a decent move but what then do you do with Curry?

I've heard Sabonis.... This is probably the best move that they can make.  BUT... Sabonis is not a shooting PF and he'll probably end up playing Inside with Embiid.  Plus... nobody really wants Harris except maybe OKC.

Then there's Us.

We should not give JC...  We're not that desperate.   Gallo and Bogi and a first or two is good enough.. especially if we can get them a deal to move Harris in the process.   I have an OKC deal that I have talked about.   If Morey does the deal that I have mentioned, he comes off as a winner in the deal because he has a team that can compete.   Right now he doesn't have that.

But at the end of the day.. you're right.  Morey postures and puts up a good poker face but Simmons will be traded by the deadline.   If not to us.. to somebody. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, ATLHawks3 said:

If Simmons could be moved for role players, it would’ve already happened by now. And Morey is willing to let this extend until Draft Night according to Woj.

Ask yourself...

How is draft night any better than now?  We can offer him draft picks...

Ask yourself...

Why would he risk a Good Healthy Embiid Year?

I mean, it sounds good to hear Morey talk like John Wayne.  BUT the reality is... last year Embiid missed 31 games.   Embiid has a very strong injury history.  Not to mention that he's just not in great basketball shape.   This year, Embiid is healthy and he got everything clicking... And they are a middle of the pack teams that loses to the top teams in the Conference.  What would John Wayne blow an offseason where he probably got the best Embiid that he can have... to turn around and make a draft day Trade??

If He does that... and Embiid gets hurt in 2022.. I'm firing Morey on the spot.  the day of.   And If I'm Travis, I'm emailing Embiid and Josh Harris every morning I get to work after the lose in the playoffs and telling them what they could have had for their 2022 playoff run.  And if I'm Travis, I'm going to sit down with the Philadelphia Enquirer and Bleacher Report the day after the 76ers are tossed from the playoffs and talk about how Morey's Ego got in the way of a good deal. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I think the bigger question is what is Rich Paul's take?

Honestly... the longer Ben is gone, the less people will want him.  It's nature.   Plus, Philadelphia did a decent smear campaign on Ben.   You can't play Ben up as a lunatic who is afraid to play the game and is a problem child for the team.. and then ask for top dollar for him?

In Philly... a lot of what we get is ego.  I don't know if Paul is happy that he's client is being paid (and not thinking about Simmon's future).   But the truth is.. the Longer he sits, the less his value will be.  I can almost see the trade deadline as being the last time that Philadelphia can get a good deal for Simmons.   Because on Draft day there will be 30 new guys entering the league.  That's 30 more players to compete for a spot on a roster that Simmons may want.   

It's stupid for Morey to suggest that he will wait until draft night to move Simmons.   Teams can fill their holes with Rookie contracts who can possibly give them the same thing that they would want from Ben. 

Rich Paul has got to know this.. and has got to be making some calls behind the scenes to try to make a deal happen for his client before the deadline. 

29 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

So Knox can be traded right?   Maybe we're about to send a ton of firsts to a team like Nola to get Philly their 'all star'?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycpzan3b

On board now. Before it was about keeping Cam and the group but if we are starting to mess with it, I’m down for another tweak, bring Ben or KAT or Jaylen. Bring it on.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

On board now. Before it was about keeping Cam and the group but if we are starting to mess with it, I’m down for another tweak, bring Ben or KAT or Jaylen. Bring it on.

Getting KAT is close to 0% chance IMO. Why does Minny move him for anything other than a franchise player?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Getting KAT is close to 0% chance IMO. Why does Minny move him for anything other than a franchise player?

I could see them retooling around edwards, but i agree it's not very likely.  It would have to come in the offseason and likely on the back of KAT asking out of a big collapse in the 2H of the season that leads to internal issues.

31 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I could see them retooling around edwards, but i agree it's not very likely.  It would have to come in the offseason and likely on the back of KAT asking out of a big collapse in the 2H of the season that leads to internal issues.

We are about as likely to trade Trae.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
Just now, bleachkit said:

We are about as likely to trade Trae.

Come on, we didn't just have a #1 draft pick who is playing great in his second year... I think it's a huge longshot that they trade KAT but more likely than the Hawks trading Trae?  Yes I do believe that.  We don't have a franchise player if we trade Trae -- Minny fans are in love with Edwards.