• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can Knox replace Gallo

GameTime

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

I'm talking about overall shooting. Knox is slightly under 37% for his career.

I think he's implying we stick him in the corner to make catch and shoot 3s and just play defense on the second unit. 

The problem imo is Gallo can just shoot over ppl and create his own shot, we don't have a good creator to get Knox looks on the second unit, so imo no, he cannot replace Gallo.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I guess this is the Knox thread? (For now)

Kevin Knox’s father: ‘Puzzling’ why Tom Thibodeau didn’t give son more minutes

Kevin Knox Sr., Knox’s father who played wide receiver for Florida State and the NFL’s Bills, said some members of the franchise had raised eyebrows over why Knox never got a chance with Thibodeau. 

Indeed, Knicks general manager Scott Perry was behind drafting Knox at No. 9 in 2018, when the team president was Steve Mills. Current president Leon Rose probably didn’t have the investment in Knox’s success. According to a source, some club personnel thought Knox should play. “It can be [a factor] but at the end of the day, it’s not the president who calls the plays,” he said. “It’s not the president who makes the substitutions. The president hires a coach. This coach here obviously felt he can win games without Kevin Knox. To be able to go to another team, you can’t help be excited because you can have the opportunity to have a chance to play meaningful minutes.” 

Knox, who hasn’t talked to the media since preseason, is said to be thrilled at the trade, which will bring him closer to his hometown of Tampa, Fla. 

“There’s not many miles on the Rolls Royce,” Knox Sr. said. 

In the trade, the Knicks received Cam Reddish, who asked out of Atlanta to get more playing time, but has landed in a similar logjam. 

“Kevin’s excited,” Knox Sr. said. “He sees opportunity there, a more fast-paced offense to play with a point guard in Trae Young who is an All-Star. He gets in the lane and kicks out to people for open shots. Kevin’s really excited to be coached by Coach Nate [McMillan], a proven coach who played in the league. 

https://nypost.com/2022/01/14/kevin-knoxs-father-happy-son-will-get-fresh-start/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons

• Thanks 1

It happens.  Players change teams and become a better player with his new tea.  Both the Knickerbockers and the Hawks hope that this is what happens.

Cam apparently wasn't as good as some of us believed and he's not as bad as some of us believed.  Kevin Knox may be better here than he was in NY.  

There's a feeling around here that this is just a swap of players.  Don't forget that draft pick.  That could turn out to be something good way on down the road.  I know.  Nothing right now.

Jalen Johnson is the wild card in this deal.  That fruit isn't ripe yet.  We hate the "potential" word but in his case we can throw it out there with wild abandon.  He's full of it!

Last night's loss gives us hope.  That wasn't just any NBA team.  Heat is one of the elite NBA teams this season.  Hawks made a game of it until the final minutes.  Something good may happen yet this season!

:smug:

Edited by Gray Mule

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I guess this is the Knox thread? (For now)

Kevin Knox’s father: ‘Puzzling’ why Tom Thibodeau didn’t give son more minutes

January 14, 2022 10:28pm 

Knicks trade for Cam Reddish in deal that sends Kevin Knox to Hawks

play-button.png

UP NEXTKnicks coach Tom Thibodeau never took a liking to forward Kevin Knox and his stint with the team since being a 2018 lottery pick came to a merciful end Thursday with his trade to the Hawks. 

Kevin Knox Sr., Knox’s father who played wide receiver for Florida State and the NFL’s Bills, said some members of the franchise had raised eyebrows over why Knox never got a chance with Thibodeau. 

Indeed, Knicks general manager Scott Perry was behind drafting Knox at No. 9 in 2018, when the team president was Steve Mills. Current president Leon Rose probably didn’t have the investment in Knox’s success. According to a source, some club personnel thought Knox should play. “It can be [a factor] but at the end of the day, it’s not the president who calls the plays,” he said. “It’s not the president who makes the substitutions. The president hires a coach. This coach here obviously felt he can win games without Kevin Knox. To be able to go to another team, you can’t help be excited because you can have the opportunity to have a chance to play meaningful minutes.” 

Knox, who hasn’t talked to the media since preseason, is said to be thrilled at the trade, which will bring him closer to his hometown of Tampa, Fla. 

“There’s not many miles on the Rolls Royce,” Knox Sr. said. 

In the trade, the Knicks received Cam Reddish, who asked out of Atlanta to get more playing time, but has landed in a similar logjam. 

“Kevin’s excited,” Knox Sr. said. “He sees opportunity there, a more fast-paced offense to play with a point guard in Trae Young who is an All-Star. He gets in the lane and kicks out to people for open shots. Kevin’s really excited to be coached by Coach Nate [McMillan], a proven coach who played in the league. 

https://nypost.com/2022/01/14/kevin-knoxs-father-happy-son-will-get-fresh-start/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons

Idk, I hope he turns out to be something, but I won't get my hopes up.