• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Knicks "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We are now one home loss away from tying the franchise RECORD for consecutive home losses at 11 set by the putrid 2005 tanking team. This from a team that was two wins from the FINALS just last season. Unreal.

I just don't get how it all went downhill so fast.

• Sad 4

I think some of our problems just stem from a failure to adjust to the new rules. The game has been more enjoyable to watch but it has hurt us. We are one of the top 3pt % shooting teams but the only one up there with a losing record.

Shooting is not the same formula for success that it has been in the past when the league was doing all they could to attract fans for the offensive part of the game. We still have that old frame of thinking since it worked last year but it isn’t this time around. There needs to be change and Nate needs to be more flexible there. We also don’t have the “dogs” defensively that we need and that some of these better teams have.  Getting OO and Hunter back has helped a bit, but they aren’t “dogs” on the defensive end.  Maybe OO can be that but it’s obvious we still need more on that end. 

Edited by AUhawksfan

• Premium Member

I HATE NATE'S OFFENSE.

I said this last game and here we Go again....We spend too much time in an offensive possession trying to get a mismatch.....it's a Nate special.

It's not creating enough ball and player movement or guys just attacking their guy.

• Like 2

On 1/16/2022 at 1:42 AM, FL_BRYANT said:

You can't play in your fears. Seven footers  may have trouble on the perimeter but your opponent will have trouble protecting the post against them. Pick your poison. It is up to the coach to know when to play them. There will always be room for a big man.  Gobert's problem is his inability to score consistently in the post. We will never win with 6ft8 in bigs. Never have never will.

You are correct sir.

I'm in the process of creating a new thread about this.