• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What are some deadline deals that you think can help this team now and into the future?

ATLHawks3

I'll go:

image.thumb.png.dab9e7d16a27a0b57e4bd0c8d576b94c.png

Why Memphis does this:

It's become clear this season that Desmond Bane is the ideal running mate to put next to Ja Morant for now and into the future. The Grizzlies have been on an incredible run this season, mostly without the presence of Dillon Brooks. Bogdan Bogdanovic provides them with an elite shooter with at least 2 more years on his deal that they can add to their team. They will also get a first round pick that they can use to continue adding young talent to their young core, or use as a trade chip in future deals. Also trading Culver frees up more minutes for their young wings like Ziaire Williams, DeAnthony Melton, and John Konchar, etc. 

Why Atlanta does this:

Simply put, the Hawks need someone with a competitive fire that wants to compete on both ends of the floor. Dillon Brooks is that guy. Right now, Dillon is out with an ankle sprain, so we may not feel his impact immediately, but when he is healthy, he's a guy who's known as a disruptor and an irritant on defense, someone that can bring toughness into a locker room, and has also been known to be a really good teammate. Jarrett Culver is added to this deal in order to make the salaries work. You can now trot out a starting lineup when healthy of Trae, Brooks, Hunter, Collins, and Capela.

What are some deals you would make?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

I'll go:

image.thumb.png.dab9e7d16a27a0b57e4bd0c8d576b94c.png

Why Memphis does this:

It's become clear this season that Desmond Bane is the ideal running mate to put next to Ja Morant for now and into the future. The Grizzlies have been on an incredible run this season, mostly without the presence of Dillon Brooks. Bogdan Bogdanovic provides them with an elite shooter with at least 2 more years on his deal that they can add to their team. They will also get a first round pick that they can use to continue adding young talent to their young core, or use as a trade chip in future deals. Also trading Culver frees up more minutes for their young wings like Ziaire Williams, DeAnthony Melton, and John Konchar, etc. 

Why Atlanta does this:

Simply put, the Hawks need someone with a competitive fire that wants to compete on both ends of the floor. Dillon Brooks is that guy. Right now, Dillon is out with an ankle sprain, so we may not feel his impact immediately, but when he is healthy, he's a guy who's known as a disruptor and an irritant on defense, someone that can bring toughness into a locker room, and has also been known to be a really good teammate. Jarrett Culver is added to this deal in order to make the salaries work. You can now trot out a starting lineup when healthy of Trae, Brooks, Hunter, Collins, and Capela.

What are some deals you would make?

Truthfully, I dont think you can pry Brooks out of Memphis' grubby little hands.  Right now they are the most feared team in the NBA, I dont see them changing a thing. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Diesel said:

Truthfully, I dont think you can pry Brooks out of Memphis' grubby little hands.  Right now they are the most feared team in the NBA, I dont see them changing a thing. 

You may be right, but I just think that it would be a good thing for them to give Desmond Bane the keys to being the #2 on that team.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

It's for both. It helps us now and and into the future. 

That's about 15 games of our next 42 he'll miss. Doesn't leave us much wiggle room in the next 27 games to make up those games.

I guess I'm just tired of injuries.

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's about 15 games of our next 42 he'll miss. Doesn't leave us much wiggle room in the next 27 games to make up those games.

I guess I'm just tired of injuries.

I understand. But Bogi has really been hurting us on the defensive end lately that it kind of negates what he's bringing us offensively. We need some defenders with respectable jumpers to put next to Trae. 

• Premium Member
Just now, ATLHawks3 said:

I understand. But Bogi has really been hurting us on the defensive end lately that it kind of negates what he's bringing us offensively. We need some defenders with respectable jumpers to put next to Trae. 

Less about Bogi. I'm just not interested in trading for a guy that won't play immediately if the goal is to try and make a push for the playoffs. 

Tired of injury reports.

Additionally, if it's a play for next season, that's a different scenario. I wouldn't include the Charlotte pick since Brooks only has 1 year left on his deal. Ideally, you want to use that pick to trade for a players with multiple years left on his deal. Similar to the Clint Capela trade.

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

I feel dirty for anything Celts related but here goes: a deal around Marcus Smart+ for Bogi to upgrade the point of attack defense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I feel dirty for anything Celts related but here goes: a deal around Marcus Smart+ for Bogi to upgrade the point of attack defense.

That's another option, but Marcus is really struggling with his shot this season. 

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

image.thumb.png.4c9dd97b86f3047a27d57301b44f8b4a.png

It would probably have to be this deal, in order to make the salaries work. We'd have to wait until the 25th to trade for him though.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, ATLHawks3 said:

image.thumb.png.4c9dd97b86f3047a27d57301b44f8b4a.png

It would probably have to be this deal, in order to make the salaries work. We'd have to wait until the 25th to trade for him though.

I think that pushes us into the Luxury Tax which we should avoid unless it's for a 'star' player.

Not sure how we get them, but the few names I can think of are:  tj McConnell, Harrison Barnes, Josh hart, Nic batum, dj Augustine. 

The more I think about it, the more I think we won’t make any major moves until the off-season. Particularly when capela is available + we see which picks convey. 

This one is probably not popular, but if there was a way to turn bogi into buddy hield right now, I’d probably do it. 

• Premium Member

Here's what I got:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7jbwlcw 

I don't know how to make it appear but I believe it makes people happy.

We give Indy 2 first round picks.   They also get Tobias Harris. 

We give Philly Bogi and Gallo.  They also get Lamb and Sabois

We get Simmons and Korkmaz.

Why does Philly do it... They get Sabonis and Gallo and Bogi...  All the star power they could want. 

Why does Indy do it?  The picks.  Like it or not Indy is rebuilding and firesaling.  Harris plus Turner is also a good fit.

Why do we do it.  Simmons and Korkmaz.. Korkmaz will help with shooting off the bench. 

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Here's what I got:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7jbwlcw 

I don't know how to make it appear but I believe it makes people happy.

We give Indy 2 first round picks.   They also get Tobias Harris. 

We give Philly Bogi and Gallo.  They also get Lamb and Sabois

We get Simmons and Korkmaz.

Why does Philly do it... They get Sabonis and Gallo and Bogi...  All the star power they could want. 

Why does Indy do it?  The picks.  Like it or not Indy is rebuilding and firesaling.  Harris plus Turner is also a good fit.

Why do we do it.  Simmons and Korkmaz.. Korkmaz will help with shooting off the bench. 

Philly wouldn't do it because Embiid and Sabonis operate in the same space (Low Post).