• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What are some deadline deals that you think can help this team now and into the future?

ATLHawks3

I have four: I'll make a podcast tonight to explain them

1. We get better move: Send OKC 1st and unprotected our 2nd to SAC. Convince Lou to waive his NTC for either retirement or to become a signing when teams are looking to add players for the playoffs. A team like the Lakers make sense. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybuzlve9

2. Sign IT0 for the min to backup Trae. 

3. The blockbuster 

Three team trade. I'll post a part of it and list the real deal out

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yanvervu

Atlanta gets: Ben Simmons, Charles Bassey, and Lou Dort

Philly gets: John Collins, DeAndre Hunter, Danilo Gallinari, Derrick Favors, and a top 5 protected 1st 2022 from Atlanta

OKC gets: Tobias Harris, Jalen Johnson, CHA 2022 1st from Atlanta

4. Hawks sign Skylar Mays and Sharife Cooper to multi year min deals. 

Trae/IT0/Coop

Bogi/Kev/Mays

Dort/TLC/Woodard

Simmons/Barnes/Knox

Capela/Okongwu/Bassey

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

1. We get better move: Send OKC 1st and unprotected our 2nd to SAC. Convince Lou to waive his NTC for either retirement or to become a signing when teams are looking to add players for the playoffs. A team like the Lakers make sense. 

3. The blockbuster 

Philly gets: John Collins, DeAndre Hunter, Danilo Gallinari, Derrick Favors, and a top 5 protected 1st 2022 from Atlanta

Trae/IT0/Coop

Bogi/Kev/Mays

Dort/TLC/Woodard

Simmons/Barnes/Knox

Capela/Okongwu/Bassey

So we give up JC, Hunter, Gallo(Salary), JJJ and 2 picks? 

Thats way too much imo. We're basically absorbing Tobias' contract and gutting the team for Ben.

Also why trade Cam if JC and Deandre are both liable to go? Not to mention Philly becomes the best team in the East and sheds salary? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aali34 said:

So we give up JC, Hunter, Gallo(Salary), JJJ and 2 picks? 

Thats way too much imo. We're basically absorbing Tobias' contract and gutting the team for Ben.

Also why trade Cam if JC and Deandre are both liable to go? Not to mention Philly becomes the best team in the East and sheds salary? 

It will probably cost more in real life.

I think Simmons is coming to Atlanta regardless…to try to help save the season or start a new rebuild around Trae and himself (Simmons)…Schlenk may even go after expiring contracts with other players not in the deal for Simmons just to have some cap to play with this off season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

3. The blockbuster 

Trae/IT0/Coop

Bogi/Kev/Mays

Dort/TLC/Woodard

Simmons/Barnes/Knox

Capela/Okongwu/Bassey

Trades Podcast: https://voca.ro/1fKLZuj3NVsx

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

3. The blockbuster 

Trae/IT0/Coop

Bogi/Kev/Mays

Dort/TLC/Woodard

Simmons/Barnes/Knox

Capela/Okongwu/Bassey

There's another option and I know Travis has been weighing it. The "blow things up" option where we trade for firsts and young players and send out salary. Rebuild around Trae. 

I like the third option but my fear is if we send Philly that much talent we've just handed the East to Philly for the next five years.

9 minutes ago, Sothron said:

There's another option and I know Travis has been weighing it. The "blow things up" option where we trade for firsts and young players and send out salary. Rebuild around Trae. 

I like the third option but my fear is if we send Philly that much talent we've just handed the East to Philly for the next five years.

Idk about five years. Embiid and a long playoff run might last two years tops. 

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

We should probably do a soft tank and look towards next year. 

Yup that’s what’s likely going to happen. Get Simmons now no matter what it takes and use the rest of this season to allow those two (Trae & Simmons) to figure it out along with capela and in the meantime Travis will explore the market for more trades, free agents, etc

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Sothron said:

I think that really should be the goal regardless. 

• Like 1

Trade John Collins.. The elephant in the room..

Gallo/OO actually worked better than JC down the stretch, not because Gallo is better than JC,  but because Gallo has semblance of perimeter skills (as a former SF) on both offense and defense while JC does not. Gallo is an even better shooter than JC, so not like we need JC to hit open 3s; Gallo can do that. And we all know the Gallo-JC front court is a disaster.

So does this mean JC will be benched in 4th quarters going forward? That he will be happy go lucky “whatever the team needs” to ensure Hawks have the best on the court to pull out games going late? Because of his stature and contract, it will be next to impossible for Coach Nate to continue to bench him. Remember Coach Nate also sat him quite a bit last year late in games (for Solo of all people).

If JC plays the 4th qtr tonight,  the Hawks lose their 11th straight at home. It’s as simple as that. He simply does not fit a Trae led team imo. If this season and this game isn’t exhibit A, B, C I don’t know what to tell you.

IMO it would be the best for JC to be shipped out and get good value. His trade value certainly won’t go up by sitting out 4th quarters..

I personally wouldnt mind sending him to Dallas.. Let him go complain to the Dallas media about Luka not giving him enough touches.. smh

Good lord.......................................

This is the reason He took PEDs. JC seems like a great teammate, and he is an excellent finisher against smaller players when he is on the move. But, he is physically weak, can't dribble or defend any above average player. Can't defend the Morris twins, Giannis, Harris, Embiid, Durant, Randle, Tatum, etc.............. Come playoff time Collins is a guy......Making 25 million$

If we trade any more young players, he should be the 1st to go.... Just my opinion.. 

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, terrell said:

Trade John Collins.. The elephant in the room..

Gallo/OO actually worked better than JC down the stretch, not because Gallo is better than JC,  but because Gallo has semblance of perimeter skills (as a former SF) on both offense and defense while JC does not. Gallo is an even better shooter than JC, so not like we need JC to hit open 3s; Gallo can do that. And we all know the Gallo-JC front court is a disaster.

So does this mean JC will be benched in 4th quarters going forward? That he will be happy go lucky “whatever the team needs” to ensure Hawks have the best on the court to pull out games going late? Because of his stature and contract, it will be next to impossible for Coach Nate to continue to bench him. Remember Coach Nate also sat him quite a bit last year late in games (for Solo of all people).

If JC plays the 4th qtr tonight,  the Hawks lose their 11th straight at home. It’s as simple as that. He simply does not fit a Trae led team imo. If this season and this game isn’t exhibit A, B, C I don’t know what to tell you.

IMO it would be the best for JC to be shipped out and get good value. His trade value certainly won’t go up by sitting out 4th quarters..

I personally wouldnt mind sending him to Dallas.. Let him go complain to the Dallas media about Luka not giving him enough touches.. smh

Good lord.......................................

This is the reason He took PEDs. JC seems like a great teammate, and he is an excellent finisher against smaller players when he is on the move. But, he is physically weak, can't dribble or defend any above average player. Can't defend the Morris twins, Giannis, Harris, Embiid, Durant, Randle, Tatum, etc.............. Come playoff time Collins is a guy......Making 25 million$

If we trade any more young players, he should be the 1st to go.... Just my opinion.. 

I agree with the sentiment, but I don't trade JC just to trade him. I need a legit star coming back. He's gotten better every year and is extremely self-aware of what the team needs from him in order for us to win. I would not be surprised if he comes back next season much improved in those areas.

We've never have had guys openly express their desire to stay in ATL the way JC has, one just requested to get out recently. It's honestly a little weird how much he wants to be here.

• Like 3