• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What are some deadline deals that you think can help this team now and into the future?

ATLHawks3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, aali34 said:

I call for him to take more 3s and improve his perimeter play because I think he can. I guess expecting big things out of somebody is hating now.

It's not what you expect.. It's how you state it.  You state it as a Narrative that makes him useless to the team.  Coupled with the Hate that Terrell shows it seems like you two just don't appreciate what JC already Brings. 

Sure. I would love for him to be able to create for himself.. to Make 6 apg... and to maintain his 50/40 and all 90 for FTs.. those are all areas that can become expectations.   However, I'm not that into Cancel culture that seems to cancel everything that isn't 100% where you want it. 

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

It's not what you expect.. It's how you state it.  You state it as a Narrative that makes him useless to the team.  Coupled with the Hate that Terrell shows it seems like you two just don't appreciate what JC already Brings. 

Sure. I would love for him to be able to create for himself.. to Make 6 apg... and to maintain his 50/40 and all 90 for FTs.. those are all areas that can become expectations.   However, I'm not that into Cancel culture that seems to cancel everything that isn't 100% where you want it. 

Hate? Cancel culture?  lol... Some of yall are something else..

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, terrell said:

A cheap guy like Portis shoots it just as good from deep. That better?  lol... And it wasnt even about Portis.. I was just using him as an example.. smh

You said that Portis was a better shooter than john which is blatantly false and easily proven to be false which makes people question the rest of your argument if you don't even bother to check something as basic as shooting numbers

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

Hate? Cancel culture?  lol... Some of yall are something else..

Yeah..

I listened to you talk about watching the game back and watching JC specifically and not being impressed.   I believe you said watching John put up 16 & 12 with 3blocks was just meh.  As if we shouldn't appreciate what JC did on the court last night.   Isn't that cancel culture?  You didn't get exactly what you wanted until OO played more minutes and put 12 & 8 with 3 blocks.

Isn't it narrative forming when you conclude that OO should play more than JC?

We are something else...  We're not forming narratives. 

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Collins should be embarrassed how much more physical OO is then he is. All these years in the league.

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You state it as a Narrative that makes him useless to the team.  Coupled with the Hate that Terrell shows it seems like you two just don't appreciate what JC already Brings. 

You gotta pay attention to when I post then. I acknowledge his positives and have said that I think he's one of the best power-forwards in the league as well as the heart of the team. These are good things I've said from the past 24 hours.

7 hours ago, aali34 said:

He's gotten better every year and is extremely self-aware of what the team needs from him in order for us to win. I would not be surprised if he comes back next season much improved in those areas.

19 hours ago, aali34 said:

JC took 9 threes tonight. He shoots a high percentage so I hope he continues letting them fly.

21 hours ago, aali34 said:

JC been rebounding like a mf

Not to mention I speak the same way about almost everybody on the team. I call out Kev for being inconsistent, Trae for not playing off-ball, and Dre for not attacking the basket enough. I never hate but point out what I would like to see them doing.

20 minutes ago, Diesel said:

#JohnCollinsIsOverParty lmao. When did I call for him to get cancelled? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You said that Portis was a better shooter than john which is blatantly false and easily proven to be false which makes people question the rest of your argument if you don't even bother to check something as basic as shooting numbers

I mispoke....Hes just as good or better as JC as a 3pt shooter for waaaay less $....But whatever..

Edited by terrell

22 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Yeah..

I listened to you talk about watching the game back and watching JC specifically and not being impressed.   I believe you said watching John put up 16 & 12 with 3blocks was just meh.  As if we shouldn't appreciate what JC did on the court last night.   Isn't that cancel culture?  You didn't get exactly what you wanted until OO played more minutes and put 12 & 8 with 3 blocks.

Isn't it narrative forming when you conclude that OO should play more than JC?

We are something else...  We're not forming narratives. 

Everything isnt about numbers....smh

So glad Nate finally realized that and left him on the bench in the 4th..

We probably win our last 3 games had it done it then....

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, terrell said:

I mispoke....Hes just as good or better as JC as a 3pt shooter for waaaay less $....But whatever..

Finally you admitted it but the rest of your above statement doesn't make any sense.  Neither one gets paid to shoot 3's so comparing salaries based on 3 point shooting percentages makes no sense.  Plus like Diesel has stated, Portis' market value is probably going to be higher once he hits free agency

• Moderators
1 hour ago, terrell said:

"Doesnt cause problems without touches"  Really? He's complained about it for 2 seasons in a row.....................

I dont think he’s worthless or anything. I just believe he's criminally overrated by some of the fan base..

And the whole he shoots and rebounds is so meh to me... Bobby Portis shoots and rebounds even better while making 21 million $ less a year. And What has he actually improved at? Can he take volume 3s now? Defend the perimeter? Unless he takes a Julius Randle type leap in actual skill sets, no one should be allowed to say Collins has “improved”. Dudes been the same player for years. Just because he makes a choreographed extra pass now off the Trae PnR does not make him a “passer” now either.. LOL

I think we could that 25 million on a player(players) that fit better.. Thats all....If it werent for Nate leaving him on the bench last night(smartest thing he's done in a while), we would be talking about our 11th home loss in a row.. Im pretty confident in saying that...

What problems have been created by JC due to lack of touches?  I guess I'm missing where him saying that he wants a more defined role as causing problems.  In fact, given that he was in a contract year I thought JC went above and beyond in giving up touches to Capela last season (especially given that Capela did less with them than JC did).  This is the 3rd consecutive season where JC's shot rate has dropped while his efficiency has remained best on the team.  Rather than creating problems, I see him still doing the right things.

Also disagree that incremental improvement is not real just because it isn't a transformative improvement ala Randle last season.  I've seen real things added by JC every season.  (And I'm not counting playmaking with his passing to be among those.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Finally you admitted it but the rest of your above statement doesn't make any sense.  Neither one gets paid to shoot 3's so comparing salaries based on 3 point shooting percentages makes no sense.  Plus like Diesel has stated, Portis' market value is probably going to be higher once he hit free agency

Im just glad nate left him on the bench in the 4th,. Hopefully he keeps it up.. Thats all I got to say...

And for the 3rd time I just used Portis as an example..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, terrell said:

Collins should be embarrassed how much more physical OO is then he is. All these years in the league.

Who else should be embarrased?  Should most of the PFs in the league be embarrassed too.. because Giannis runs through all PFs (just about) on the daily...

So if every PF should be embarrassed doesn't that mean that No PF should be embarrassed?

Did you know that Dwight Howard came into the League looking like that?  He may have had more muscle mass?  Olajuwon should have been embarrassed that Howard was more physical than he as a rookie?

Did you know that Shaq was 7'2 300someodd pounds when he came into the league.  And he was a Horse.  The Admiral David Robinson ought to have been Embarrassed that Shaq was more physical than He as a rookie??

I mean, we can find a reason for all players to be embarrassed if you like?  Or you can try your narrative another way??

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, terrell said:

Im just glad nate left him on the bench in the 4th,. Hopefully he keeps it up.. Thats all I got to say...

Terrell...You are sounding so short sighted...That was just one game...You do realize that right?  There are games where John mises only 1 or 2 shots and there are games where Gallo makes 1 or 2 shots.  You do follow the Hawks right?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Who else should be embarrased?  Should most of the PFs in the league be embarrassed too.. because Giannis runs through all PFs (just about) on the daily...

So if every PF should be embarrassed doesn't that mean that No PF should be embarrassed?

Did you know that Dwight Howard came into the League looking like that?  He may have had more muscle mass?  Olajuwon should have been embarrassed that Howard was more physical than he as a rookie?

Did you know that Shaq was 7'2 300someodd pounds when he came into the league.  And he was a Horse.  The Admiral David Robinson ought to have been Embarrassed that Shaq was more physical than He as a rookie??

I mean, we can find a reason for all players to be embarrassed if you like?  Or you can try your narrative another way??

Julius Randle does him the same way. 

Nate put JC in late when the game was over and he immediatley got bowled  over by Giannnis.. Ridiculous..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Julius Randle does him the same way. 

Nate put JC in late when the game was over and he immediatley got bowled  over by Giannnis.. Ridiculous..

Not alot of 4s that can guard Giannis to be fair.

Julius does have his way with him though. 

7 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Not alot of 4s that can guard Giannis to be fair.

Julius does have his way with him though. 

And so does every other PF with any resemblence of an offensive game...

I mean when Nate plays Solo over you in the Playoffs late in games for defensive purposes that should tell you something.  And People say we cant trade for Ben because he's unplayable late in the 4th?  Well At least he can help lock people down....

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Geez, no one said he was a borderline all-star.  Read, man.

Anyways, did I read that Cauley-Stein was released or something?  Is he trash or could he help our big man rotation?

@bird_dirt @AHF Where our Kentucky boys at?

In words no one thought would ever be spoken, we're looking to you guys for knowledge.

🙃

His biggest skill is being long. Good for rebounds, dunks, and blocks. But not much else. Not especially strong.

But TBH, I haven't followed him at all since he was drafted. Maybe he's improved in other areas? 🤷‍♂️

I wouldn't play him over Dieng, who is a much better shooter and passer. WCS is maybe somewhere between DNP - 12 minutes per game.

• Thanks 1