• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What are some deadline deals that you think can help this team now and into the future?

ATLHawks3

• Premium Member

I talked about this elsewhere.. I will mention it here.

PTL is at a crossroads.  They are not good enough to go far in the playoffs, not bad enough to get good picks.  They have a young guy named Simons (scorched us) who has been balling at the 2 position. 

I wonder if they would trade McCollum?  I know the easy trade is McCollum for Simmons.   They may have offered that and Morey balked.  I thnk as the deadline closes in, Morey will probably look very hard at that deal.

But what if we gave PTL something that Morey can't.

Bogi/Gallo/3 1st rounders for McCollum/Nance Jr. 

Why would they consider this:

1.  They are at the crossroads.   Simons is shooting 45% from 3 on about 6.6 3s per game.   He may be better than CJ right now. 

2.  They get picks.  Honestly Bogi and Gallo is not the best parts of the trade.  PTL gets picks to remake their squad.  The picks can either be trade material or they can use the picks to get new blood. 

3.  Salary game helps them to reup a guy like Simons. 

What do we get:

1. McCollum is a ball handling SG who can run an offense and he shoots about 40% from outside. 

Honestly, this is all I have on this trade.   I'm not "we must do this" but if we're trading for need this fills a need.  I don't think he helps us defensively.  but offensively, we may get to be even more dangerous. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

This might end up being the best option, actually, but the danger is that SAS may be able to strike some deal that sends him somewhere he's wanted; and the second danger is that he could get a buy-out, but then disregard any offer from us, feeling better about another team.

2022-01-23_07-59-08.png

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Diesel said:

Bogi/Gallo/3 1st rounders for McCollum/Nance Jr. 

Bogi/Gallo - $38 million

McCollum/Nance Jr - $41 million.

Puts Atlanta in the Tax, Hawks are $2.1 million under the Tax.

3 1st rounders??? Nope....I'll give you 2 the Charlotte and OKC 1sts - we are helping PTL clear $33 and $35 million of McCollum future salary.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bogi/Gallo - $38 million

McCollum/Nance Jr - $41 million.

Puts Atlanta in the Tax, Hawks are $2.1 million under the Tax.

3 1st rounders??? Nope....I'll give you 2 the Charlotte and OKC 1sts - we are helping PTL clear $33 and $35 million of McCollum future salary.

Did we make some money for the Knox trade?

I can definitely go with the 2 firsts.  The real question is would McCollum put us into a position to win. I like the offense but defensively, he's about 6'3".  I dont know if that's a defensive loss, but it's not a defensive win. 

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Did we make some money for the Knox trade?

I can definitely go with the 2 firsts.  The real question is would McCollum put us into a position to win. I like the offense but defensively, he's about 6'3".  I dont know if that's a defensive loss, but it's not a defensive win. 

We were $1.8 under the tax before the trade, we are now at $2.1 - so a little savings.

Don't like it defensively at all. 

How about these moves?

1) knox + one of our 2023 2nds for Justin Holiday.

2) trade a fake 2nd for Paul Millsap

Trae / Delon / Lou

bogi / Holiday / TLC

Hunter / Huerter / JJ

Collins / Gallo / Millsap

Capella / OO / Dieng

couple of small moves that adds depth + some more vets to the team for the stretch run.  Keeps us below the tax for the year without giving up too much. 

im starting to believe we do something like this. I don’t see Simmons coming our way. Jaylen brown isn’t available. SGA likely not either. Same for Brandon Ingram from what I’m gathering. 

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, sturt said:

This might end up being the best option, actually, but the danger is that SAS may be able to strike some deal that sends him somewhere he's wanted; and the second danger is that he could get a buy-out, but then disregard any offer from us, feeling better about another team.

2022-01-23_07-59-08.png

Nate on Thad last spring:

2022-01-23_22-24-03.png