• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

There's a REAL Question that we have to consider.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Is Bogi still injured and been playing injured?

I say that because he has been a step slower and his shot has been off all season.   He's still holding that sore right knee.  I miss the Bogi that can hit around 40% from three.. and our team needs THAT guy.  However, this guy that's been playing worse defense.  Running around slower and can't hit the broad side of a barn...  He need to go somewhere and get healed.

What do yall think?

• Like 4

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Is Bogi still injured and been playing injured?

I say that because he has been a step slower and his shot has been off all season.   He's still holding that sore right knee.  I miss the Bogi that can hit around 40% from three.. and our team needs THAT guy.  However, this guy that's been playing worse defense.  Running around slower and can't hit the broad side of a barn...  He need to go somewhere and get healed.

What do yall think?

He needs to be gone like yesterday. Dude is worthless!

• Premium Member

It's clearly been an issue. I thought it was conditioning because he has been in and out of the lineup like a lot of our guys, but with this recent appearance on the injury report I think it's no long shot to assume this has been a contributing factor all season to his slow movement. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He has no lateral movement this season. That knee needs a closer look, it has been a problem all year.

It's said that he had an Avulsion Fraction of the knee.

Avulsion fracture of the medial head of the gastrocnemius muscle associated  with multiple ligament injuries before closure of the growth plate: a case  report | Journal of Medical Case Reports | Full Text

It is bone that has chipped away from the main bone.   What is said about the symptoms are:

• Bruising.
  • Swelling.
  • Muscle pain.
  • A popping or cracking sound.
  • Pain that spreads to nearby parts of your body.
  • Limping or an inability to walk, if the broken bone is in or near your leg.
  • Difficulty moving your limb.

He has swelling now.. but the question is the limping ,the pain, the difficulty moving is something that it seems like we have also seen. 

I know that they can do a scope to clear out the bone but I don't know what effect the brokeness left has on his knee.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

It's said that he had an Avulsion Fraction of the knee.

Avulsion fracture of the medial head of the gastrocnemius muscle associated  with multiple ligament injuries before closure of the growth plate: a case  report | Journal of Medical Case Reports | Full Text

It is bone that has chipped away from the main bone.   What is said about the symptoms are:

• Bruising.
  • Swelling.
  • Muscle pain.
  • A popping or cracking sound.
  • Pain that spreads to nearby parts of your body.
  • Limping or an inability to walk, if the broken bone is in or near your leg.
  • Difficulty moving your limb.

He has swelling now.. but the question is the limping ,the pain, the difficulty moving is something that it seems like we have also seen. 

I know that they can do a scope to clear out the bone but I don't know what effect the brokeness left has on his knee.

That's the actual injury he had last season, but he's had flare-ups in the playoffs, offseason procedure, and now out again.

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's the actual injury he had last season, but he's had flare-ups in the playoffs, offseason procedure, and now out again.

Yeah.. that's what I'm saying... What is the correct way to heal from it.  If it's time off of his knee and some type of pressure then that's what he should do until it's completely healed.    I would rather see him as the best version of him than for him to try to be out here playing the hero and playing like crap.  Willis Reed didn't do much when he came out of the stands. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, Diesel said:

Yeah.. that's what I'm saying... What is the correct way to heal from it.  If it's time off of his knee and some type of pressure then that's what he should do until it's completely healed.    I would rather see him as the best version of him than for him to try to be out here playing the hero and playing like crap.  Willis Reed didn't do much when he came out of the stands. 

I think you might be onto something, Diesel.

https://twitter.com/sarah_k_spence/status/1483560084131225601?t=0Aq0zGDAVbq9_Z4IlbCzKg

Screenshot_20220118-155242_Twitter.jpg

Edited by niremetal

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, niremetal said:

I don't mind him missing the game or the next 3 week of games as long as he's "Better" when he gets back. He's the type of guy who would go hurt.. we saw that in the playoffs.. but it doesn't help us for him to go hurt right now. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I don't mind him missing the game or the next 3 week of games as long as he's "Better" when he gets back. He's the type of guy who would go hurt.. we saw that in the playoffs.. but it doesn't help us for him to go hurt right now. 

The fact that they've ruled him out a day or two in advance the last couple games suggests to me he has a ways to go.

IMHO...I'm fine with him getting his knee scoped and shutting him down for a couple months if it means the Bogi we saw last spring has a chance to return. But I know some joint issues don't work like that.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
52 minutes ago, niremetal said:

The fact that they've ruled him out a day or two in advance the last couple games suggests to me he has a ways to go.

IMHO...I'm fine with him getting his knee scoped and shutting him down for a couple months if it means the Bogi we saw last spring has a chance to return. But I know some joint issues don't work like that.

Apparently a guy on Brad Rowland's podcast conjectured that he might be permanently damaged.  We're going to have judge by performance unless we get a medical report.

One thing I don't buy is that Bogi actually sucks, but got lucky for 40 games straight.  Find me an example of a dude averaging 22 points hitting threes at over 50% for that long.  I've never heard of such a thing, and it's a weird take.   

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

Apparently a guy on Brad Rowland's podcast conjectured that he might be permanently damaged.  We're going to have judge by performance unless we get a medical report.

One thing I don't buy is that Bogi actually sucks, but got lucky for 40 games straight.  Find me an example of a dude averaging 22 points hitting threes at over 50% for that long.  I've never heard of such a thing, and it's a weird take.   

It wasn't over 40 games..heck he only played in 44 games last year and certainly was good at the beginning of last year

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Great, good point.  Adjust the number by a few games and it doesn't change the main point.  

His hot streak was 22 games.  That is more than 1/4 of a season but still short enough that I don't trust it as a sustainable baseline for his ability just like I wouldn't trust a slump over 22 games.

Likewise, Hunter's standout play was his 14 games in January last year.  He has also struggled with healthy and been unable to replicate that since.  I would be similarly reluctant to think his baseline is the 19 points on .657% TS%, 4.9 rebounds and 2.1 assists we saw during that time when he has been more like 12 (on .500% TS%), 3 and 1 since.

Both guys need to get healthy and show us what they can do but both of them shot wayyyyyyyyyy, wayyyyyyyyyy above their norm during those streaks in a way that I don't think is sustainable without a future improvement in their core skills.

• Premium Member

Being injured has no relation to Bogi not paying attention on defense on multiple possessions every game and not noticing when his man slips by him for back door cuts or rebound opportunities.   Unless you are saying he is so injured he literally can't move a single step.

• Premium Member
On 1/18/2022 at 7:40 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Well...

With the early rule-outs continuing through the weekend, I think one of two things is happening:

1. Bogi's injury is more concerning than they've let on--like maybe it's the sort of thing that can only be truly fixed by surgery, but they don't want to go that route if there's still a chance that the Hawks could make a serious playoff run and could need Bogi for that (even if he is less than 100%).
  2. It's not that serious an injury, but it *is* the sort of thing that will only get totally better with extended rest. And with the Hawks on the closest thing to a hot streak they've been all season, they are going to hold him out until he's either 100% healthy (since that knee has been an issue twice now in the past year) or until the hot streak comes crashing down and they need him back in the lineup to shake things up.

I think that each game where he is ruled out before gameday makes (2) less likely.

Edited by niremetal
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
On 1/19/2022 at 11:21 AM, AHF said:

His hot streak was 22 games.  That is more than 1/4 of a season but still short enough that I don't trust it as a sustainable baseline for his ability just like I wouldn't trust a slump over 22 games.

Likewise, Hunter's standout play was his 14 games in January last year.  He has also struggled with healthy and been unable to replicate that since.  I would be similarly reluctant to think his baseline is the 19 points on .657% TS%, 4.9 rebounds and 2.1 assists we saw during that time when he has been more like 12 (on .500% TS%), 3 and 1 since.

Both guys need to get healthy and show us what they can do but both of them shot wayyyyyyyyyy, wayyyyyyyyyy above their norm during those streaks in a way that I don't think is sustainable without a future improvement in their core skills.

The whole truth is that we don't know what the baseline for Bogi is. Sample size is too short.

You speak, AHF, as if we have a whole lot of data of Bogi playing in the Hawks system beside Trae.   We don't.   What we have indicates a Shooter who shoots over 40% when healthy. 

You cannot say that in the Kings offense he wasn't that good so what we have must be a hot streak... IN the Kings offense, it was the Kings offense AND the consistency of minutes wasn't the same.  The Kings had the same problem that they have now, they had to justify Buddy's contract. 
So as far as Bogi is concerned, we can't say that he was having a hot streak just yet.  We need more information of what can he do in our system when healthy. 

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, niremetal said:

2.  It's not that serious an injury, but it *is* the sort of thing that will only get totally better with extended rest. And with the Hawks on the closest thing to a hot streak they've been all season, they are going to hold him out until he's either 100% healthy (since that knee has been an issue twice now in the past year) or until the hot streak comes crashing down and they need him back in the lineup to shake things up.

I think that each game where he is ruled out before gameday makes (2) less likely.

I don't see how you can come up with that conclusion.  If we're sitting Bogi because his injury requires time then I'm 100% happy with that because I don't want a 50% Bogi taking the court.   Suggesting that he needs surgery but we're holding him for a playoff run is just as Goofy as Coach Bud not calling a timeout for Wesley Matthews.